Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Well I knew If I kept it that I would start modifying it, that was one reason that I wanted to find it another home, I hate to take a Dremel to an original, that's what clones are for.
But the temptation was greater than my will power so now it has about 20% larger air hole at the intake and 20% larger wick channels.
I'm very pleased with my results, the improvements become most noticeable if chain vaping or using thick juice.
20% is just a guess as I didn't remove much.

LKSkang

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I got a V3 a couple of days ago and set it up with silica, it was OK but not anything impressive so I put it up for adoption. Then I set it up with a micro and cotton and promptly removed it from the classies, it beats every tank I own on flavor. It' a keeper.

I just started doing micro/cotton build and it is amazing!!

I noticed that there were some wicking issues since I got the full bundle with the PMAA tank and the bubbles got trapped at the bottom and I didn't see enough bubbles form so I knew it wasn't wicking well.

But then I saw a review for a similar build atty and he only put the wicks a bit into the channels and not all the way down. This thing now wicks even when I chain vape.

I tried with both 70/30 and 50/50. And I use a twisted 32 AWG micro 9 raps around a 2mm screwdriver and reads 1.9 ohms but I'm not too sure about that since my multimeter doesn't always want to work for me.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
MISTer Silica o-ring sizes.
I just changed the o-ring on my MISTer v3, the tank o-rings were easy to identify they are 18 mm Id x 1mm cs.
But that little one inside the top cap for the stem was a different story, it appears to be something like 8 mm x 1.5, and I have none of those.
I do have some SAE A011 which are 5/16" ID x 7/16" OD x 1/16" cs, perfect fit.
I hope this is useful for some folks as the little 3 pcs. o-ring kit from VJ mods is quite expensive once you factor in shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread