Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
l5yldf4.jpg

Hey builders, I've been living under a rock with this one, which kills me because this is basically my dream atty pre-drilled for me! As the title says it's the Mutation X rda by Indulgence (which I believe is actually the same factory as youde (Vulcan & Igo rda's), not positive though), however it was designed (well, it's obviously a Tobh Atty (favorite!), with the drilling neatly done for every big vapor lover (or small vapor/flavor love too) here in the U.S. by a gentleman by the name of Christopher Esker. Here's where you can get it below, and it's specs etc.:

Indulgence Mutation X Rebuildable Drip Atomizer

And here's one of the reviews that aren't annoying :lol:, Matt from Suck my Mod is a good, normal vape reviewer like Todd.

It's a great price too! It seems to be unanimously $30.00 wherever you go, and from the reviews I've seen, it's very high quality made. Machined from 304 stainless steel, doesn't leak/whistle, the o-rings aren't too tight (may be a con to some, I personally like a cap that I can adjust on a whim, and won't move on it's own), has a silver plated copper connection (haven't seen that in a while!), posts are machined into the deck (and the center post doesn't spin), doesn't come with a stupid logo etched all over the side, and has EVERY CAPABILITY UNDER THE SUN!

I can already hear the critics whining about how ridiculous the air-holes are, but before you do, just know that all of the holes are fully close off-able. If you don't know about the cyclonic design, the holes are going off in a 45 degree angle because it causes the vapor to first hit your coils, and then begin spinning up through your drip tip, which cools down the incoming air to convert hot juice to vapor, agitates the vapor more to aid in vapor production further, pushes the heavy droplets (spitting) against the chamber walls through centrifugal force, preventing juice from getting in your mouth, and also prevents actual vapor from going off in random directions and condensating on posts/walls etc., it's quite clever, and I've personally drilled my atty's like this to find out it noticeably works!

SO! If you love the tobh as much as I do, and want the option for ludicrous amounts of airflow (or less for you flavor addicts :D), as well as a massive center post hole that's capable of quad 20ga if you fancy, then the Mutation X is for you! I imagine these things will be snatched up by every rambo vaper out there :rolleyes:, so don't hesitate too much or they'll be taken by me!. I'm vaping one as I type, and have another ready to go for another project, if anyones interested I can always update what my experience is with it. But I can tell you it's been excellent so far! You do have to know how to build your coils around the airflow though (if you plan on opening it to the max), it'll pretty much cover any drippers needs though from what I've experienced.

fbUV6ld.jpg

If they ever make a 26650 (28.5 or 30mm) version of this thing, I'm going to buy a dozen, because I don't think it gets much better than this for big vapor lovers!

Vape onwards fellow foggers! :vapor:

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Although I'm not a cloud chaser I do like a very airy draw and this thing fits the bill.

Love the deep well too. I don't mind dripping but with that well, you should get quite a few hits between drips.

From what I saw in the video, it looks to me like you should line up the top air holes with the coils to get that cyclonic air flowing properly but won't know until I get one and experiment.

Thanks for the post tree! Off to go purchase mine now.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Although I'm not a cloud chaser I do like a very airy draw and this thing fits the bill.

Love the deep well too. I don't mind dripping but with that well, you should get quite a few hits between drips.

From what I saw in the video, it looks to me like you should line up the top air holes with the coils to get that cyclonic air flowing properly but won't know until I get one and experiment.

Thanks for the post tree! Off to go purchase mine now.

Grin. I would line the bottom air holes with the coil. That way, as the vapor rises from the coil, it's hit by the higher staggered airflow to create the cyclone effect.

Also aligning the coil to the top row of airhole sounds like the vape will be scorching hot. Yikes!

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
If the holes were spaced a little further apart and it had a nice T-post positive block id buy it in a heart beat! For most of us using open air flow... thing's basically a drilled Tobh... but i still might pick it up lol. The Hobo RDA looks much more promising IMHO. Getting on the list for that for sure!

The Hobo looks epic! I already sent a PM to the calivapers guy! HOLY CRAP THANK YOU!

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Thanks for bringing this to my attention Treehead, as usual, your picks are always looking like winners. Thanks bud, keep up the finds!

Thanks man :D, great minds think alike :p. Someone else brought up the Hobo RDA to me just now in this thread! It also looks amazing just for the record.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I NEED to know if the atty will fit the Chuff enuff drip tips, specifically the chuff that fits the tobhs? Could someone with a tobh and this atty see if the top caps are universal with eachother?

because all of em are 22mm should they all be interchangeable?

Mine is on the way dawg! I'll definitely pm you with the results, I'm actually wondering that too! :) That's why I bought two lol.

(Btw with a 1/2" titanium drill bit, you can make your own chuff brother! Check out mine below, it's just a piece of pyrex :p. I think it looks a little sexier. Plus the chuf enuff's spat in my mouth quite often, mine is just barely smaller, but I doubt it cuts down on vapor.)

SNYMYDa.png

6KSDhz1.png

y8qitnm.png

Clouds for daaays! I won a competition with it recently, best part is no nasty condensation build up.

wodbEaM.png

Last edited:

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I should get one of these. Looks almost like my modded TOBH. The only thing I don't have is a that long air hole cover slits on the top cap.

I know right? That's why I love it! Until I find something better than the Tobh (for my needs), this is basically just a professionally drilled Tobh! (which isn't easy lol) As soon as mine gets here, I'm going to angle grind those airflow teeth (on one of them anyway).

Looks really familiar! :p

5XG8J1g.png
hjBaY32.png
K4nJ0Ta.png

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
I know right? That's why I love it! Until I find something better than the Tobh (for my needs), this is basically just a professionally drilled Tobh! (which isn't easy lol) As soon as mine gets here, I'm going to angle grind those airflow teeth (on one of them anyway).

Looks really familiar! :p

5XG8J1g.png
hjBaY32.png
K4nJ0Ta.png
I'm so glad someone finally said something lmao as soon as I saw this atty the first thing that popped into my head was that youtube video where the dude is talking about how he drilled out his atty and kept improving it until he came up with the design he was showing off in the video on top of his xxix. If I'm not mistaken the pictures you posted are of the stages of development he went through before finally landing on the staggered airflow design to create a Venturi effect. I think the makers of this atty owe that guy some seriously overdue royalty checks :)

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Grin. I would line the bottom air holes with the coil. That way, as the vapor rises from the coil, it's hit by the higher staggered airflow to create the cyclone effect.

Also aligning the coil to the top row of airhole sounds like the vape will be scorching hot. Yikes!

You misunderstood me. I'm not talking about lining it up in the vertical plane, I'm talking about lining it up horizontally when looking down the sleeve. That way the coil will receive the most air flow because the coil will be farthest to the left.

From the looks of it, I will probably line it up with the middle set of air holes in the vertical plane. We'll see.

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Just saw a Mutation X RDA while at the shop getting builds done today. We compared it with My Tobh Atty v2.5. It's basically the same as the Tobh with all the modding already done for cloud chasing. Differences? From what we saw, the Mutation has a deeper juice well, tons more airflow (obviously), tabs to restrict airflow are on the top cap instead of the deck, post holes are even larger (Quad 20g? No problem!), and the chamber walls are slightly thinner. We tried my Chuff Enuff tip and it fit great! I just had to order one, and did so on the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread