Status
Not open for further replies.

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
Trenton, Ohio, United States
This is a review of the new wood REO bottom juice fed mod that I just recieved from Rob at reosmods.com.

The REO Woodvil

It is a 3.7 volt device and is designed to use the AW IMR high drain 18650 batteries and Has a 6ml bottle. It is available in lots of different wood combinations and your choice of 510 or 801 connections. Mine is a 510 version in Walnut with and Oak door.

Let me start by saying..This mod is beauty for sure! Fits my hand like a glove! It's just a tad wider than the REO Grand but the rounded sides make it feel smaller and soooo comfortable to hold. The body of the mod is one solid piece and the door one solid slab so there is no gule joints to fail or come apart. The fit and finish are immaculate! No gaps anywhere on this wood mod!

The inside is so cleanly done nothing like any of the other wood mods I have seen. The wires are all hidden and everything is done with the utmost precision. No extra wood blocks under the battery or spring or anything that takes away from the clean interior.
The door slides smooth as glass and is very secure no rattles or gaps. It is held in place by very strong rare earth magnets at the top.

The catch cup is a thing of beauty and finely machined from brass and has the same wonderful 510 connector of the REO Grand and Mini REO.

The nice clicky type button is perfectly recessed with precision and works like butter.

The AW IMR high drain battery fits in perfectly with a nice click when it goes fully into place.

It appears he is using a thicker walled tube in the feed system for better reliability and the bottle fits nice and snug and flat against the bottom and doesn't move around. As with all REO's the feed system doesn't have the needle going through the connector so less leaks. A light push of the bottle feeds it nicely.

Did I mention this thing hits like no other 3.7 volt mod I have tried before to date!! Its unreal! I put a standard resistance atty on it and it feels like a low resistance does on some mods I have had. Its crazy how this hits so hard. Rob's craftsmanship on these mods is simply second to none! The minute you get one of these in your had you will be in love I promise.

Wonderful piece of work Rob! This proves I don't call you Mod Master Rob for nothing! You sure put the strong Voodoo Mojo on these Woodvils! :vapor::vapor:

Attachments

• REO1 029.jpg
    REO1 029.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 376
  • REO1 030.jpg
    REO1 030.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 306
  • REO1 033.jpg
    REO1 033.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 932

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
Excellent review. I have one of the old wood REOs, and am waiting patiently to get one of the new ones. Thanks for the review & the post.

Your welcome banjo! I hope you get yours soon they are amazing! My spousal unit took a drag off mine and first words out of her mouth were wow its got a good hit on it! lol

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
I should be getting one of these soon I can't wait. I was holding for an Ali'i but the woodvil looks even better. I might get an Ali'i down the road but who knows.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Woodvil its just awesome and built to last for sure!

brian5470

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2010
Sweet can't wait to get it man I got new juice and some batteries waiting for it when it comes home to daddy.

I think you will be impressed in the craftsmanship and the way these things hit! Its wild, I don't know whats makes it hit so hard, the type of components used is my best guess but its nice!

TheRMovie

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Kentucky
I'm getting the 801 version, im in love with these mini 801 attys from ikeenvap, they hit good and have the best taste. I want to get a Phidias also I'm on the waiting list for one who knows how long that's gonna be though. Woodvil looks really awesome though and I hear good things about it so I might not want another mod after this. Knowing me though Ill prolly still get more mods down the road.

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
Your welcome banjo! I hope you get yours soon they are amazing! My spousal unit took a drag off mine and first words out of her mouth were wow its got a good hit on it! lol

Just ordered mine this evening. It is Walnut & Zebra wood. I know it is going to be great - I have 4 other REOs and they all work perfectly.

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
Just received my Walnut & Zebra wood REO Woodvil, and it is absolutely beautiful - outstanding woods & workmanship - and it functions, as I knew it would, perfectly. This is my 5th REO, and each one is better than the last. The new shape with the rounded corners makes it very comfortable to hold, and it is much lighter than my REO Grand and my original wood REO. The size & shape is almost perfect. It is sure to be very sturdy because of the one piece body (Zebra wood) that has no glue joints. The door or cover is a beautiful piece of highly grained Walnut, and it fits perfectly - a single magnet holds it firmly in place. An off/on switch is recessed into the bottom of the body, and the firing switch is located perfectly and fires very smoothly. The switch wiring is recessed into the body and is well protected. Mine has a 510 adapter that is located within a brass juice well that prevents leakage onto the body. If you don't have one of these jewels, you should scoot on over to the REO web site & grab yourself one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread