the old switcharoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I live in a very rural area. someone today opened a smoke/grocery/vape shop up the dirt road. figured I would stop in expecting nothing. he had some very high end juices for a too good to be true price. I figured out here he must have to sell it for that. he showed me 30ml bottles. when I got home I had found he put 15ml bottles in the bag. figures. I am not calling him out because I have yet to speak with him about this. meanwhile I am just saying if you go to a new b&m check the bag before you leave or even pay. if his price was for 30ml I would be his customer for life. 15ml it was too high. it is entirely possible he just did not understand the difference but I doubt that. just relating my experience.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I've never been to a vape shop that gave a bag, they set it on the counter and you can see it all while paying. Hope the owner has a good explanation though on this. It's kind of hard to mistake a 15ml and a 30ml bottle though, unless he isn't a vaper himself and he's trying to make a profit.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
Sounds shady to me. If he's showing you 30 ml bottles and giving you prices on juice, it would be understood that the price for the bottle you are holding in your hand is the bottle you want to know the price of. At the very least the shop owner would say "That's a 30 ml bottle and it goes for ? while the 15 ml bottle is ?".

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
no kidding guys. like I said it is one of those grocery/smoke/vapor establishments. I never cared to go in one of those until it showed up down the road. I have been to many vape only shops and they never did that. perhaps an honest mistake but I doubt it. you know these "head" shops are often shady. well, I learned a lesson.

Reactions: AllElseFailed

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
I live in a very rural area. someone today opened a smoke/grocery/vape shop up the dirt road. figured I would stop in expecting nothing. he had some very high end juices for a too good to be true price. I figured out here he must have to sell it for that. he showed me 30ml bottles. when I got home I had found he put 15ml bottles in the bag. figures. I am not calling him out because I have yet to speak with him about this. meanwhile I am just saying if you go to a new b&m check the bag before you leave or even pay. if his price was for 30ml I would be his customer for life. 15ml it was too high. it is entirely possible he just did not understand the difference but I doubt that. just relating my experience.

You need to call him out ASAP. Go back and get what you were paying for, unless you want to get ripped off (especially if you plan on making future purchases at that store)...

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
so he said he showed me a sample bottle to show me the product. which happens to be 30ml. he said he only has 15ml bottles of that product. he apologized for the confusion pointing out what I paid is the price of the 15ml. actually it was the list price of the 15ml. it is kind of my fault too expecting something for nothing. I swear if he was selling the 30ml for that price I would go clean him out. I think he is just someone that knows nothing about vaping. perhaps I jumped the gun and he is very nice. he said here, take free pepsi 2l for the misunderstanding. perhaps he will turn out to be a good guy in the community. he said he has been there on the only road in here for eight days and I was the only customer. I don't suspect he will be here long anyways. I am glad I did not call him out like a ........ I just think now it was a misunderstanding. unless this guy is a devious crook that moved in here. kind of unlikely. if you wanted to rip people off this is not where you would set up shop. people do sell that 15ml for $2 less and the 30ml is a better deal so it is unfortunate for him that I won't even go there again. that is why the grocery store and filling station is in a larger town. I doubt I can talk him into less he probably unknowingly paid too much himself. actually now I feel kind of bad for him. he will be out of business in a month regardless.

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
$14. that is list price. some places sell it for $12. honestly I should have known that is not 30ml. 30ml is a better deal at $22 obviously. it is just very unfortunate that I can not support him. I doubt he is going to order 30ml there. I was his only customer after 8 days. this is a fairly poor area. most people will continue to smoke here I would guess. we run a large all animals rescue here needed the land to achieve my dream. there are no businesses. now I actually feel bad for the guy. I am sure he will be closed in a month. wrong place for this. if he had 30ml I alone could keep him afloat I suppose. I guess I could just talk to him. get some mod si will buy. I do not know if he knows the vendors. really I hate to see anyone try and fail. this turned around on me because as he said it was an honest misunderstanding. he showed me the product in 30ml for display but only had 15ml bottles. I was unhappy at first but it is no big deal really. I have been screwed much worse in life and here I was not exactly even screwed. it is at least nice to see that the "idea" of vaping has reached this far. maybe I could help get him going. he seemed nice enough which is why I originally thought he swindled me. not really the case at all as it turns out. this would be a nice addition to our community and the only store. there was a sort of grocery store but the lady died. ahh this really turned around. I feel pretty bad now.

Reactions: thetrucker

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
No need for you to feel bad. If you had gone round and yelled at him, maybe. In my experience it's always good to slow down and reflect a little before you yell at people, which is what you did. Most of the time there are two sides.

Like you said you could give him some advice and help him out. Suggest some decent starter kits. Never know how many closet vapers there might be even in a rural area, and if stuff is available locally there might be more soon. $14 over $12 isn't much. Nice to have a local shop if you ever run out.

DoctorJ

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
no kidding guys. like I said it is one of those grocery/smoke/vapor establishments. I never cared to go in one of those until it showed up down the road. I have been to many vape only shops and they never did that. perhaps an honest mistake but I doubt it. you know these "head" shops are often shady. well, I learned a lesson.

Well maybe the store being in a rural area down a dirt road might be the first clue this guy's first order of business is probably not vaping gear.

I live in a very rural area too and the most that any of the local convenience stores carry are the cheap juice and e cig set ups, along with the Vuse and another brand I don't remember. In the bigger city near me there are two B&M shops, but they are outrageously expensive trying to make a fast buck on the "new" vaping trend to hit our area. This is why I order all of my vaping needs online.

Reactions: GeorgeS

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
no the name brand juices for 30ml are $21-$35 even in the larger suburbs. maybe ct is a better market for that. a darn 120ml can run as high as $230 here but most are like $150. of course if I ride 90 miles I can get crimmys for an overpriced $36 120ml but that is a start. maybe Illinois/Wisconsin is just different. these are not lousy juices though. I am talking about like suicide bunny, briac , vapers knoll etc. even junk juice is $5 for 12ml.

crx, what do you mean one stone? I specifically did not mention names here. I doubt I hurt him at all. heck, you guys don't even know what township I am in. I doubt I just hurt him. if that is what you meant. or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread