Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
the best accessory for an orchid is the kayfun top fill cap, doesn't get any easier, no tools needed
lwMjpxS.jpg

does it create the same vacuum leak we all get when trying the regular topfill method? if not, i'll be picking up one of those for sure.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
does it create the same vacuum leak we all get when trying the regular topfill method? if not, i'll be picking up one of those for sure.

not really, I do cover the airholes while I fill and you need to take 1 vape after the closing but the vaccum leakage issue on the regular method is because as you thread the top cap you push a lot of volume out and with this cap you won't be pushing anything just closing the holes

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
not really, I do cover the airholes while I fill and you need to take 1 vape after the closing but the vaccum leakage issue on the regular method is because as you thread the top cap you push a lot of volume out and with this cap you won't be pushing anything just closing the holes

you've convinced me. ordering one now.

LReyes66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
United States
I got my orchid Thursday and lemo Friday. I ended up stopped using my orchid after I got the lemo. The orchid was a great vape even though the dual coil TH was intense. Only thing preventing me from using it more is the intense leaks.

I've followed peoples advice with wicking enough without covering the channels n no luck.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
I got my orchid Thursday and lemo Friday. I ended up stopped using my orchid after I got the lemo. The orchid was a great vape even though the dual coil TH was intense. Only thing preventing me from using it more is the intense leaks.

I've followed peoples advice with wicking enough without covering the channels n no luck.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I've been trying to find a reason to buy the Lemo (more, trying to figure out how to justify it to my wife). I may have to pick 2 up since it would be alot easier to get a higher build in single coil mode for her 12w device.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio

Sent from my Nexus 6
You dont want to cover the channels,but you do want to run a thin tail about a 1/4 of the way down the channles.Not enough to block them,but just a thin strip laying in there.I have been wicking all 3 of mine this way since the day i got them,and have never had any leaks or dry hits at all.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
You dont want to cover the channels,but you do want to run a thin tail about a 1/4 of the way down the channles.Not enough to block them,but just a thin strip laying in there.I have been wicking all 3 of mine this way since the day i got them,and have never had any leaks or dry hits at all.

Wonder why people speak this like it is gospel?
I have the Orchid v3.5 and v4 and do not Tail either one. I clip my Rayon wicks just larger than the deck and tuck them back toward the coil. They float on the channel openings and work great. No problems so far with carrying them horizontal in my lunch bag for work.

You just have to work with it and find what works best for you. :)

Last edited:

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I've been trying to find a reason to buy the Lemo (more, trying to figure out how to justify it to my wife). I may have to pick 2 up since it would be alot easier to get a higher build in single coil mode for her 12w device.

The Billow has my attention ATM. But nah, I need a black one next, so I can use my green and yellow tanks and top my black SMPL! :laugh:

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
Not really sure.This is the way i seen reccomended to do it when i got my first one,and it just works,so never felt the need to try it any other way.

me too I read this recomendation and I built my first coil like that and never had a dry hit nor leackage since so don't need to change it

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Not saying Don't, or do. Simply there are different ways that work well for different users.
I had so much trouble with the Ithaka snagging wicks while installing the chimney I just avoid it if it works differently.

I have a 3rd Orchid on the way. All PMMA for a different look. I will give the original way a try and see it it makes a difference for me.

JamieZ4M

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
Sheffield UK
Tried a vertical build in one of my FT v2's today and it's working pretty well:
Unfortunately I seem to have forgotten to take pics of the wicking which is the most important part :/ I used a single strip of Japanese cotton wrapped around the coil with a sliver of a tail in the channels. No leaking or dry hits yet!
Also if you have a dna40 and are building a ni200 coil, macros seem to work best with the orchid:

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
the best accessory for an orchid is the kayfun top fill cap, doesn't get any easier, no tools needed
lwMjpxS.jpg

I had ordered a bunch of stuff from FT and I totally forgot about this. I have been using it for the last 5 days....this is the best addition to the Orchid V4. My orchid went from being the most PITA tank atomizer to fill to the easiest. I love it.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Oh, help me, Sweet Jesus... I'm about to order a black V4 to go with my colored KF tanks and black SMPL when Focal drops them (they just landed). :facepalm: (I didn't like the ones at FT)
...plus the extra phillips screws so I can finally get rid of these stupid grub screws on my V1! :thumbs:

FYI, I bought M2 x 3mm cheese and pan heads - they thread in fine and worked really well on the one screw I was able to replace, but the heads are waaay too big. I could grind them down, but I wanted a black atty anyway, so easier this way.

Last edited:

KSS89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
Charlestown, RI, USA
this has probably been covered in this post already but its long as #@%&. I could be confused with the kayfun quartz kits but on the v3 and v4, the middle section of this rba with the plastic window is only held together with o-rings right? or is it threaded? and if its only o-rings has anybody had a problem with the sections coming looser or apart in their pocket or on the go? and same question with the kayfun quartz kits. because i wanted to get the v3 and put in a kf nano quartz kit but my room mate said it would pull apart if i wasnt careful. can anyone shed some light on this? I really want a nice rta and this setup sounds perfect for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread