The Orchid clone has arrived!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieZ4M

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
Sheffield UK
this has probably been covered in this post already but its long as #@%&. I could be confused with the kayfun quartz kits but on the v3 and v4, the middle section of this rba with the plastic window is only held together with o-rings right? or is it threaded? and if its only o-rings has anybody had a problem with the sections coming looser or apart in their pocket or on the go? and same question with the kayfun quartz kits. because i wanted to get the v3 and put in a kf nano quartz kit but my room mate said it would pull apart if i wasnt careful. can anyone shed some light on this? I really want a nice rta and this setup sounds perfect for me.
Haven't looked into it much but from what I've read on the FT discussions, those nice thick o rings make a nice tight seal which is strong and is what holds it together. But if you're very active, I'd imagine it's not the most suitable tank.

Last edited:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I have the quartz nano and full quartz kit from fasttech.Yes they do have a pretty good seal on them.I haven't carrried them in my pocket,but i have pulled on them just to see,and it took quite a bit of pressure to get them seperated.As for the plastic section on the v3,it is threaded on.Now for the nano quartz kit on the orchid,been there done that,and very quickly took it back off haha.You may have better luck than i did,but it is such a tight fit to the chimney,that when i filled it,i got less than 1.5ml of juice in it,this would have lasted maybe 1/2 hour before i would have to refill it haha.

JamieZ4M

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
Sheffield UK
I have the quartz nano and full quartz kit from fasttech.Yes they do have a pretty good seal on them.I haven't carrried them in my pocket,but i have pulled on them just to see,and it took quite a bit of pressure to get them seperated.As for the plastic section on the v3,it is threaded on.Now for the nano quartz kit on the orchid,been there done that,and very quickly took it back off haha.You may have better luck than i did,but it is such a tight fit to the chimney,that when i filled it,i got less than 1.5ml of juice in it,this would have lasted maybe 1/2 hour before i would have to refill it haha.

Is that bottom fill or top fill?

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
The one i filled with the nano kit on was top fill.I put it on my v4 just to see,and i cant tell for sure,but it doesn't look like it could be bottom filled with a quartz kit,as it appears that the metal ring sits right on top of the fill hole.I could be wrong,but it definitely sits very close if it's not sitting right on it.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Haven't tried that yet, but I read that there's a microscopic slit down there and you can needle fill it but very slowly and only at a funky angle. Some people have been grinding that bottom ring to thin it down. So far I've been doing OK with the plastic tanks, so fingers crossed for now...:unsure:

How about the bottom-filling-by-unscrewing-the-base trick (just don't tighten the chimney)? Have you tried that with the Quartz kit?

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
Haven't tried that yet, but I read that there's a microscopic slit down there and you can needle fill it but very slowly and only at a funky angle. Some people have been grinding that bottom ring to thin it down. So far I've been doing OK with the plastic tanks, so fingers crossed for now...:unsure:

How about the bottom-filling-by-unscrewing-the-base trick (just don't tighten the chimney)? Have you tried that with the Quartz kit?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-systems/622482-orchid-v4-2.html#post14762425

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio

I tried grinding that ring down with a dremel,but didnt have much luck.Almost had it done and my pliers slipped and screwed up the threads haha.As for unscrewing the base,that's how i filled it when i tried the quartz kit on the v1.I never tried filling it when i stuck it on the v4,because like you,i haven't had any issues with the plastic tank,and i actually like the way it looks with the frosted m-tank.The juices i have that i know are crackers or i think may be,i just use those in my fogger.I seen that black orchid you mentioned a while back,those are sweet,now i gotta get one of those to go on my black clouper box mod i recently got haha.It just never ends haha.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
I tried grinding that ring down with a dremel,but didnt have much luck.Almost had it done and my pliers slipped and screwed up the threads haha.As for unscrewing the base,that's how i filled it when i tried the quartz kit on the v1.I never tried filling it when i stuck it on the v4,because like you,i haven't had any issues with the plastic tank,and i actually like the way it looks with the frosted m-tank.The juices i have that i know are crackers or i think may be,i just use those in my fogger.I seen that black orchid you mentioned a while back,those are sweet,now i gotta get one of those to go on my black clouper box mod i recently got haha.It just never ends haha.
The ones at Focal don't have painted screws! :laugh: I'm really looking forward to the black V4. Then I can have a radioactive Orchid (green mtank), a Batman Orchid (yellow mtank), a Prince Orchid (purple mtank), ... :lol:

Last edited:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
The ones at Focal don't have painted screws! :laugh: I'm really looking forward to the black V4. Then I can have a radioactive Orchid (green mtank), a Batman Orchid (yellow mtank), a Prince Orchid (purple mtank), ... :lol:

You must have read my mind,the black with the green m-tank is exactly what i have in mind haha.When i was looking at the pictures yesterday,i was using my kayfun with the green tank on it,and that was the first thought i had.I wanted to run out and paint the kayfun black right then haha.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Using that new orchid with a glass tank and afc screws and raised afc hole... Getting great flavor! Probably the best orchid yet!

Is that one of the "V6" versions at FT? Been looking at that one...

Speaking of FT...the "Five Pawns" or "KF V4" replacement tanks are almost the perfect height (just a hair too high which can be grinded down to fit, or use a wide-bore DT) with the V4 chimney and top-fill cap. ;)

The V4 chimney works well with regular m-tanks and all other replacement caps. For some reason, the connection on the top-fill cap is up a tad higher.

Last edited:

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
Is that one of the "V6" versions at FT? Been looking at that one...

Speaking of FT...the "Five Pawns" or "KF V4" replacement tanks are almost the perfect height (just a hair too high which can be grinded down to fit, or use a wide-bore DT) with the V4 chimney and top-fill cap. ;)

The V4 chimney works well with regular m-tanks and all other replacement caps. For some reason, the connection on the top-fill cap is up a tad higher.

Yes this one:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420586339.650034.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread