The other side: Health Care Reform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
I have no illusions about greener pastures. I just want a system (however imperfect) where (for example) unemployed people about to run out of their COBRA coverage aren't facing foreclosure/bankruptcy because they have (example) MS and can't afford the $2k/month injections and couldn't buy insurance even if they could afford it because of preexisting conditions. All while said insurance execs are pocketing million dollar bonuses for protecting their shareholders from the cost.

There simply HAS to be a more humane way.

If they can even afford COBRA. Most can't. Lots of people end up either dropping their insurance altogether or buying individual plans that are cheaper than COBRA but offer very little useful coverage.

As I've said before, private industry has this thing completely hosed. They're not going to fix it. They're going to make it worse. The time has come for the government to at least try and fix it. The system is so messed up at this point that there's very little chance the government can make it any worse, while there's a very real chance that they can make it at least marginally better. I'm willing to spend the money to find out. I'd far rather spend money trying to give people good health care than spend it burning up towns and mowing down "terrorists" in other countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread