The phlems have begun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
Over the last few days i started getting more morning phlem. Ive been smoke free for just over two weeks now. I know this is normal because friends that have quit cold turkey experienced the same problem. One had major respiratory infections for a month and has been healthy ever since.

About the last three days it has slightly increased and i keep an empty cup handy. I dont want to swallow it if my body is trying to expel the crud. Its probably ok to swallow it like a loogie but its a reminder of how bad smoking effected my health. This relatively minor negative side effect is another incentive that helps me stay focused on the main goal......

NEVER SMOKE AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
I USED to smoke Backwoods cigars and several brands of cigarillos. I inhaled them but not quite as deep as a cigarette. I gave up cigarettes many years ago. Quitting altogether though has been a horrible struggle for me until i tried a e-cig that was satisfying. I never made it past 5 days and i went crazy even with 4mg gum. IMO my addiction is to the behavior and not so much the nicotine, although i do really enjoy my morning "fix". During the day, i can drop down in nic levels quite a bit and im still completely happy.

I can say in COMPLETE honesty, i no longer have any interest in smoking. I don't miss it at all but my hand still tries to emulate old analog behaviors. Quitting anologs is something i thought would never happen without massive withdraws. These last two weeks plus have been a breeze. Even the first two days was nothing like my past attempts. At 5 days i was as happy as a pig in poo. At 7 days i treated myself to a fat porterhouse steak and man does food taste better now.

I found out George Carlin was wrong when he said, "Your own farts kinda smell ok". They were.....kinda....until my sense of smell started improving. Now even other peoples analogs are starting to stink to me. I can already breath again without weezing and my energy level is improving. I put my old ash tray with my last 3 Muriel Black and Sweet butts on the porch as a reminder too.

The only thing that has made me even happier was finding this website and seeing others succeed also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread