The Plume Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDoitchbig

Aug 19, 2012
Michigan
no, you are right. her juices are mainly vg, but what i'm saying is you can request a higher pg balance oen some of the flavors.

Yeah, I understood. I ordered mine custom at 50/50 when some of them are 85 VG. I think she'll mix to any ratio you want as long as she feels like the end product will be quality.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Vendor: The Plume Room

Liquid: Toasted Turkish Twist

Vendor Description: "This has all the tasty tones of turkish with occasional toasted notes & a high kick at the end."

Thoughts: I have always thought that most "Turkish" liquids were all generally the same. This one is billed as different and it is. Seeing as how Turkish is a more mild tasting leaf, this juice adds some extras to it that take it on another journey. Turkish juices, to me, all have an element about them that triggers signals in my brain that register as "citrus." This juice adds a "twist" which, in my mind, capitalizes on that citrus like element symbiotically. I have no idea what the twist is, but it adds a certain rising zip to the juice that is slightly sweet, but acidic, bright, and zesty.

The "occasional toasted notes" are in fact occasional, but not hidden per se. What gives the juice a toasted quality, once again, I don't know. Turkish tobacco is sun-dried, but this definitely has a toasted aspect which accentuates and drives the sun-dried qualitites. The "toasted" parts of the juice give it a more dark, grounded feel.

The actual tobacco, or "Turkish" part of the juice shifts from being a solo tobacco to a tobacco/other flavor mix. Since Turkish tobacco is not very forthcoming, it may be a little harder to follow its direction. When I find it, it abruptly stops, which is netither bad or good, just a reality.

All in all, I find this juice to be worth writing about. I get some juices that are good, great, or even phenomenal, but for some reason they just don't inspire thought. This juice inspires thought. My thoughts about this juice are as multi-directional as the taste(s) of it. I haven't had many juices that had several elements in it that were able to be latched onto and isolated for introspection like this allows. Many of Andrea's juices are like that: mulit-faceted, whimsical, and creative. Hopefully this makes sense, but I can tell there is a woman's touch to this work.

This picture is how 3T manifests itself to me.

7367047.png

Ekove

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2012
Miami
I don't care what you say Mr.Mann, I'm not buying more juice this week.

<hands over ears nanananananana I can't hear you>

I completely understand man, but have you tried her Vanilla Caramel Frappuccino? it is the best thing ever. I am not sure if I should spread word about how fantastic the plume room is or to keep it a secret all for myself and the few people who have ordered from there.

new kid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Iowa City Area
I should be getting my second order from Andrea tomorrow. I have ordered from a few different places, but her blends are amazing. I got the blueberries and cream and I really liked it.

Out of the box it was a bit "weak". I emailed her and I was thinking about getting some more flavor added. I let it sit for a week and now it is pure heaven. On the inhale I get a creamy blueberry sensation and on exhale comes the blueberries. Reminds me of a blueberry muffin. Quite amazing. I had to hide it so I would not go through the whole bottle in a day!

Andrea treated me so good...I almost proposed. My wife was in the room and I thought better of it. LOL. (oh, and if you don't believe me, you can ask her!)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I should be getting my second order from Andrea tomorrow. I have ordered from a few different places, but her blends are amazing. I got the blueberries and cream and I really liked it.

Out of the box it was a bit "weak". I emailed her and I was thinking about getting some more flavor added. I let it sit for a week and now it is pure heaven. On the inhale I get a creamy blueberry sensation and on exhale comes the blueberries. Reminds me of a blueberry muffin. Quite amazing. I had to hide it so I would not go through the whole bottle in a day!

Andrea treated me so good...I almost proposed. My wife was in the room and I thought better of it. LOL. (oh, and if you don't believe me, you can ask her!)

Sweet, NK! Andrea is a fine lady (that can have more than one connotation where I am from. LOL) She will do everything in her power to make any one customer feel as if he/she is the only customer------> that is a great approach to customer service!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I just got my order and all I can say is that its neck and neck or higher than the other juice vendor I use. I just tried the Toasted Turkish Twist. It first seduces you with its aroma. Then the color is jewel like. Its taste is very complex as Mr Mann illustrated in his review. It goes in smooth and the flavour envelops your taste buds and jumps around. It is not nutty or dry, it has something I cant describe. On the exhale you get gently kicked or I should say woken up by a smooth throat hit and aroma . I really love it, as well as the The Plume Rooms signature Ramaglias Tuscan Gold. i also got some special smaller bottles and I will let you all know how those work out. But the turkish and the tuscan gold are going to me a must have at all times.

Last edited:

Ekove

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2012
Miami
I have been hearing a lot of good things about The Plume Room. i think they just might be the next juice i try. I'sd like to hear some more reviews on different flavors. Any suggestions? I don't like fruity but special tobaccos and dessert type flavors are good.
I cant mention it enough, vanilla caramel frappuccino, tastes exactly like the name. Ultimate expresso is good, so is blueberry and cream (which tastes more towards bakery than fruity). Buttery cinammon roll is pretty good, I just wish it had more cinnamon and more sweetness...but it has the full flavor of the buttery roll with a touch of cinnamon. i regret not trying any of her tobacco flavors yet.

Oh and i almost forgot, vanilla caramel frappuccino.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
I don't care what you say Mr.Mann, I'm not buying more juice this week.

<hands over ears nanananananana I can't hear you>

Ditto here! (Sigh. I just know I'm going to have to try this vendor, even though my juices will all have to be "special order" since I don't tolerate high VG levels very well . . . :unsure:)

ScottGChi

Verified Member
Feb 12, 2012
Chicago
Yeah her packaging is for vapers what the blue tiffany box is for girls. Unless you're buying like Dekang or DIY-ing, it's really only a little more than most vendors and it just seems like you're getting the really good stuff...which you are. Most decent juice seems to be in the $15-$17 range for 30 mls. So $17.50 for 30 mls in glass bottle with her presentation is really a deal. And her shipping is more than reasonable.

I'm working my way through a half dozen 5ml bottles that I just got from her. The creamy mint is sooooo good and so is her cinnamon rolls flavor. I'm not a tobacco guy, but I would think that the tobacco absolute that she uses (makes herself?) has to make a big difference in the quality and flavor. I think she changes the weekly special on Friday's so I'm stalking the site hoping it's the creamy mint this week!

melissafara

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Nisswa, MN
Yeah her packaging is for vapers what the blue tiffany box is for girls. Unless you're buying like Dekang or DIY-ing, it's really only a little more than most vendors and it just seems like you're getting the really good stuff...which you are. Most decent juice seems to be in the $15-$17 range for 30 mls. So $17.50 for 30 mls in glass bottle with her presentation is really a deal. And her shipping is more than reasonable.

I'm working my way through a half dozen 5ml bottles that I just got from her. The creamy mint is sooooo good and so is her cinnamon rolls flavor. I'm not a tobacco guy, but I would think that the tobacco absolute that she uses (makes herself?) has to make a big difference in the quality and flavor. I think she changes the weekly special on Friday's so I'm stalking the site hoping it's the creamy mint this week!

Lucky you!!! Creamy Mint is now the flavor of the week!!!
P.S.
Is it possible she did it just for you?

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Vendor Description: Slightly sweet mint with a touch of cream. Clean flavor with a smooth finish. Fantastic palette cleanser or when you're suffering from flavor overload!

Composition: 50/50. 12mg. Was a 'teaser gift' so assuming 'medium' strength.

Juice Age: 3 days. Cap off 24 hrs.

Devices Used: Phoenix RBA (with new coil/wick) on a ProVari. 1.9 ohm at 4.5v

My Thoughts: All of TPR's juices are pretty spot-on when smelling the liquids out of the bottle. None of that odd smell making you wonder if you will get the taste as the descriptions state. This is one of those juices. First drag was quite surprising as I am mainly a strong tobacco type and have only recently delved into the world of a 1001 flavors. Granted, I've had my share of non-tobacco based juices, but Andrea's mixes are so clean, and to the point, that I never hesitate trying something different. This one reeks of creamy, almost slightly chocolaty like white chocolate, note on the inhale. The exhale has only a slight note of mint, almost undetectable, but it's there. Not overwhelming like a Creme de Menthe, but a much milder similar finish. Andrea has mentioned the 'layering' thing before, I have witnessed it first hand, and this one is is a fine exhibit of that. She suggested that it be vaped out of a cartomizer, and I trust her with that, but an atomizer, for me, really refines the finished product. As far as a 'palette cleanser' goes as stated in the description, not for me. I need a more 'citrusey' (is that a word?) type of vape for that.

In conclusion, I understand that this is the current special, and I would highly recommend giving it a try. It's not overbearing, and a very nice, unique flavor from one of the best out there.

Last edited:

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Vendor Description: " A bittersweet melody of House-Extracted tobacco and the finest Italian cigar. The rich, complex flavor will leave an unforgettable impression. Perfect for cigar aficionados and those who prefer a complex tobacco blend."

Composition: 50/50. 12mg strength.

Juice Age: Various states of steepage (different bottles bought on different dates)

Devices Used: Phoenix RBA (fresh wick/coil) on Provari. 2.0 ohms at 4.5v

My Thoughts: I've smoked Toscanos before in my day, but had to do some research to refresh my memory. My first inhale/exhale gave me the impression of fine cigar tobacco with a hint of nutty, kind of like hazelnut. Not much sweetness at all, but not at all bitter to me. The more tokes I took, the more the 'intended' flavor came out. Wow. This is good, I mean real good. If I close my eyes, I would swear I was really smoking the real thing. It's hard for me to remember exactly the taste I experienced years ago, but I can almost guarantee this is as close as it gets. The description provided is spot on. I'm almost tempted to order a few and light them up just to see how accurate my brain and taste buds are. This vape is not overpowering to me at all, but still delivers the flavor, and mouth and throat feeling, that I recollect when I relished the real things. There is not a loss for flavor one bit, or 'other flavors' thrown in, and the 'complex' part is pretty dang accurate. No overwhelming smokiness like some other extracts I have tried. I am guessing that this is extracted from the Antica, but I'm not a cigar aficionado. I would have to say that you will need to experience this yourself to understand. When I was researching these Toscanos a bit, I found that they were one of Clint Eastwood's favorites, obviously when he was doing those Italian westerns back in the 70s. I can see why. Nice job Ms. Ramaglia.

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
Vendor Descriptions: Marlboro Type - A cigarette type e liquid with natural tobacco extract crafted in the spirit of Marlboro. Specifically developed for new vapers seeking high throat hit and flavor. Newport Type - A cigarette type e liquid with natural tobacco extract crafted in the spirit of Newport. Specifically developed for new vapers seeking high throat hit and flavor.

Composition: Marlboro Type - 50/50. 12mg. Newport Type - 50/50. 18mg.

Juice Age: Marlboro Type - various stages of steepage. Newport Type - right out of the mailbox.

Devices Used: Phoenix RBA (with cleaned coil/wick) on a ProVari. 2.0 ohm at 4.5v

My Thoughts: Ok, so I originally ordered the Marlboro Type to see how close to an actual cigarette this was going to be. Being a tobacco extract, I figured it would help me further with my battle to overcome my previous addiction. This was a few months ago. I have to say, I was pretty impressed with it out of the mailbox. It gives you the 'just opened' pack of cigarette feeling, but there is more there. It's hard to describe, but it's very noticeable. It's a very smooth tobacco experience. No frills or smokey additives, but it is very different from what I've tried in the past. No lingering 'I want to be a cigarette' aftertaste. It has now become one of my main go-to juices lately. I even ordered a decent amount more recently. I like. It gets even better after steeping a bit.

Newport Type was meant to be an experiment to get my 71 year old Dad off of smoking cigarettes. I ordered it along with a Riva (eGo) kit that Andrea had on sale at the time. He had tried a number of gas station crappy e-cigarettes, and I could tell he was like yeah right, so I figured what the heck, give it a try. I received the package before forwarding it on, and just had to try the juice. I stole a few drops. Now, I have also had a number of menthol cigs in my day, but I was like HFS! This is just like I remember it! I'm not exaggerating one bit. The menthol is so close I was tempted to keep it and put something else together for him. I knew that wasn't a option because he needed something that is closer to 'home' for him. He e-mailed me back after receiving the package and was like really? this stuff is awesome! He was pretty floored, I could tell. He said that this combo will be his thing from now on. That says a lot.

Anyways, sorry for the long review, but in conclusion, give these juices a try, I think you would be hard-pressed to find better renditions without the 'in-your-face' cigarette flavor as most try to create. They kind of wreck the intent.

Last edited:

ScottGChi

Verified Member
Feb 12, 2012
Chicago
Lucky you!!! Creamy Mint is now the flavor of the week!!!
P.S.
Is it possible she did it just for you?

Haha...I'm a very happy guy! Just gotta figure out how many bottles I can store in my little juice box. May need to get a bigger box...

I'm on the Lemon Chiffon Pie now and it's awesome. I was a little worried when I placed my first order with her as her juices are heavy on the VG side and I haven't had luck with high VG juices before. But so far the flavor is just as good, if not better, than my mostly PG juices and they're working fine in my carto tanks with my normal two punches.

I guess if I actually post on here, the ECF gods will grant my wish! Ok, so now I want a mini 1 18350 bat ZMax in gunmetal. Or brushed stainless like the new telescope. Whichever is easier for you...

melissafara

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Nisswa, MN
Haha...I'm a very happy guy! Just gotta figure out how many bottles I can store in my little juice box. May need to get a bigger box...

I'm on the Lemon Chiffon Pie now and it's awesome. I was a little worried when I placed my first order with her as her juices are heavy on the VG side and I haven't had luck with high VG juices before. But so far the flavor is just as good, if not better, than my mostly PG juices and they're working fine in my carto tanks with my normal two punches.

I guess if I actually post on here, the ECF gods will grant my wish! Ok, so now I want a mini 1 18350 bat ZMax in gunmetal. Or brushed stainless like the new telescope. Whichever is easier for you...

Great Post!!
I love the Lemon Chiffon and was very surprised, as I don't like lemon pies. But my favorite is the Peanut Butter Cream Pie. Can't get enough of the stuff!

As far as your juice storage, I keep all mine in the frig. I feel, yes just me, that it keeps the sweets longer and the tobaccos don't turn colors.

Enjoy your TPR stuff!

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
Ummmmm yeah...... can't form sentence. must.keep.vaping.

Peanut Butter Cream Pie.... good stuff. Right out of the mail, might give it a few days because I'm not getting a hell of a lot of flavor right now. It's kind of been a hit or miss day vaping anything. Got a little sample of Honey Fig Tobacco. I don't like tobacco. Haven't vaped tobacco in almost a year. Only one I've ever not hated was NLV's Gold which tastes like Golden Graham cereal. Ehhhhh let's try it for .....s and giggles....... OK, gonna need a gallon sized bottle, and I'm gonna need that overnighted.

See ya when I get up from my nic coma.

melissafara

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
Nisswa, MN
Ummmmm yeah...... can't form sentence. must.keep.vaping.

Peanut Butter Cream Pie.... good stuff. Right out of the mail, might give it a few days because I'm not getting a hell of a lot of flavor right now. It's kind of been a hit or miss day vaping anything. Got a little sample of Honey Fig Tobacco. I don't like tobacco. Haven't vaped tobacco in almost a year. Only one I've ever not hated was NLV's Gold which tastes like Golden Graham cereal. Ehhhhh let's try it for .....s and giggles....... OK, gonna need a gallon sized bottle, and I'm gonna need that overnighted.

See ya when I get up from my nic coma.

Jen, are you shakin your juice?
Missed you last night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread