Status
Not open for further replies.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Theres just a real and undeniable crackle that comes from pure dc. I build simple contact dual coils that usually measure between .17 to .21. At that resistance i can usually draw a bat down to 3.5 without much loss of vape quality. Anecdotally I consider them them to be a bit more reliable, predictable, repeatable. If something is wrong, i just instinctively know what it is. Lately iv been using a larger percentage of regulated mods, but they arnt the same, more fussy, not as repeatable in my use. So, even though i am trying to branch out, I still cant deny the joy and simplicity of a good mech vape.
20180828_223910.jpg

Last edited:

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
I use mechs exclusively, and primarily with my Erl tank. I have 2 other mechs for at home for use with RDAs. I like the simplicity of it, I have found a sweet spot with my coil builds and the mech I have (Super T workhorse) is fine in my pants pocket. Ive never had it fire in my pocket in 4 years of constant use. It has most definitely lived up to its name Workhorse. The button and mech overall is well designed and made. It's a shame they are no longer in the mod making business. Anyone out there have a Super T device? It always fires, never have had a mishap. It's a guessing game though how much voltage I still have left in my battery.

Reactions: stols001

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
I use mechs exclusively, and primarily with my Erl tank. I have 2 other mechs for at home for use with RDAs. I like the simplicity of it, I have found a sweet spot with my coil builds and the mech I have (Super T workhorse) is fine in my pants pocket. Ive never had it fire in my pocket in 4 years of constant use. It has most definitely lived up to its name Workhorse. The button and mech overall is well designed and made. It's a shame they are no longer in the mod making business. Anyone out there have a Super T device? It always fires, never have had a mishap. It's a guessing game though how much voltage I still have left in my battery.
20180818_163507.jpg

Spey

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2016
Since regulared mods have boost now for quick firing and r so powerful ull never use all the power or ull melt ur coils. For example my Paranormal is only set on 80 watts boost and it fires 9 wraps of a fused clapton with ease. If I set it higher I get a burnt taste. Is there any point in owning a mech mod or r they obsolete now? Some people love mechs. Is it cause they give better flavor? Why do people still use them? If u use a mech tell me why.

I learned to vape and build on a mech initially. Sporadically 'transitioned' to regulated devices and various wire compositions and builds primarily always focused on flavor with secondary on vapor production. It would be foolish to argue a regulated device can produce vapor better than a mech.

It would be needless for me to attempt to explain why I still choose a mech as a primary. Many in this thread have already covered much of this.

I think much breaks down to some that like to do for themselves, and others who like it done for them. They are simply different options for different user applications.

Example: it is nice to scroll through regulated wattage outputs achieving various flavors of a juice, changing temp controller for similar effect (chances are most don't even do this), yet a mech user can accomplish similar results with how they vape vs. what they vape (device wise).

Yesterday my neighbor dropped his regulated device for the first time. Upon picking it up, it kinda doesn't work. Done vaping till he can spend more money for replacemwnt. My mechs have been dropped multiple times with scars of evidence and I have yet to damage one beyond functionality.

Would I attempt to tell him he should consider changing to a mech? NO, he just wants to put juice in a tank and press a button to enjoy his vape. He does not want to learn how to control coil temp, flavors, vapor with how he vapes, because he does not currently care to learn about it.

A mech essentially allows (or forces depending on your current perspective) user knowledge and control to achieve desired results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread