The Posse Hideout

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
Horse and Buggy Country, PA
4 real feel -3. Good frozen morning. Pa hasn’t seen these temperatures for a long time.

House dog on the move
We are in a valley and our outside thermometer shows -6 with a wind chill of brrrrr.... It's almost like living in WI. [emoji41]

** Punkin on the run **

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
My favorite sub shop is really small. Their menu has 8 cold subs and 8 cold sandwiches, bags of chips and drinks that's it. Their only open 4 days a week 11 am to 1 pm or the buns run out which ever comes first. The buns come up from Phily every morning and they use top of the line meat some imported. Dam now I want one of course their not local or open today.but only 25 miles away :lol::lol:

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
Happy-New-Year-2016-Snow-Fall-Night-HD-wallpaper-620x496.jpg

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
I had to find and upload my sig pic. I did take out the link to the store. Good enough for now.

I found my old sig pic but where do I upload it. I don't have a cloud account. The old forum software had a server to upload it to.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Happy New Year!!!!!!

Drott, the only competition would be about 15 miles away and her stuff is not home baked even though she claims it is. If your ingredient list can't be pronounced, you're not a real bakery. The Sysco truck is out back of her place once a week dropping off frozen stuff.

Punkin, I use imgur. It's free.

I need to go look at the thermometer.

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
Happy New Year!!!!!!

Drott, the only competition would be about 15 miles away and her stuff is not home baked even though she claims it is. If your ingredient list can't be pronounced, you're not a real bakery. The Sysco truck is out back of her place once a week dropping off frozen stuff.

Punkin, I use imgur. It's free.

Should be worth a try. At one time I thought of contacting the small coffee shop to ask if she would sell for me at a percentage just to see how it went. If sales were good I thought of a shop. That way I'd of had little invested. But not that brave.:lol:

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Should be worth a try. At one time I thought of contacting the small coffee shop to ask if she would sell for me at a percentage just to see how it went. If sales were good I thought of a shop. That way I'd of had little invested. But not that brave.:lol:
Ya know, this would be a good time to give that a whirl. And you already have a built in customer. :D

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010

We are doing much better now. The temperature is now above "nothing" and the sun is shining. The high for the day is still going to be in the teens and then dropping to single digits again tonight. Give it a week and it will be back above freezing again. Ya gotta love PA weather. All it takes is a little patience. :)

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
Drott,
I am so glad you don't have to be working out there in this weather but I do hope your replacement knows how to keep those teenagers off the PA roads before they are ready. I still like the phrase, "I'm sorry but you failed your driving test, come back again when the weather is warmer..." :lol:

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
Bamrz,
Did you get your sig banner uploaded?

Have you ever heard of gator skins. A friend said it was invented by a motorcycle rider in York, PA to block the wind while riding in the Winter. I thought about checking it out to use for trap shooting on windy days. It is not cheap so I'm a little hesitant to buy it unless someone else has some experience with it. I guess it is like thermal undies but is paper thin and blocks 100% of the wind.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Bamrz,
Did you get your sig banner uploaded?

Have you ever heard of gator skins. A friend said it was invented by a motorcycle rider in York, PA to block the wind while riding in the Winter. I thought about checking it out to use for trap shooting on windy days. It is not cheap so I'm a little hesitant to buy it unless someone else has some experience with it. I guess it is like thermal undies but is paper thin and blocks 100% of the wind.
I haven't tried fiddling with my sig banner yet.

And no, never heard of gator skins. I really like silk longjohns under fleece jeans, the combo keeps me fairly toasty!

Users who are viewing this thread