The Posse Hideout

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
We never claimed to be normal, any of us. :lol:

For $250 I think it's a good deal. He gets the training, the awesome knife, and the meat. I think she said there would be cooking info as well. I'll all for it, it's a good skill. If it was cheaper I'd go too. They do it once a year, limited to 10 people. This is the fourth year. He's going to ask if they would consider a side of beef class.

punkinduster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
Horse and Buggy Country, PA
Survived our Grrrr day trip. I sure like this 50 degree stuff. I have noticed that you guys are eating things that sound much better than what I am seeing for supper at our house. Don't get me wrong, I like what Mrs Punkin is making but we could maybe be eating a little bit healthier. She found these On-Cor meals that are really just TV dinner's main entry without the other stuff. They do taste good and are really easy to make so I guess that is OK. Here is our meals for the week: turkey burger and baked beans, TV dinner/On-Cor with frozen vegetables on the side, leftover On-Cor, Pizza, turkey burger with veggies, fish with veggies, repeat...

I thought I'd change it up a little so we bought some ice cream today. :facepalm:

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Survived our Grrrr day trip. I sure like this 50 degree stuff. I have noticed that you guys are eating things that sound much better than what I am seeing for supper at our house. Don't get me wrong, I like what Mrs Punkin is making but we could maybe be eating a little bit healthier. She found these On-Cor meals that are really just TV dinner's main entry without the other stuff. They do taste good and are really easy to make so I guess that is OK. Here is our meals for the week: turkey burger and baked beans, TV dinner/On-Cor with frozen vegetables on the side, leftover On-Cor, Pizza, turkey burger with veggies, fish with veggies, repeat...

I thought I'd change it up a little so we bought some ice cream today. :facepalm:
I go though little phases where I don't feel like cooking from scratch very much, usually when I'm having a bad flareup of the RA. But I do try to cook healthy stuff as much as possible. Being at least 1/2 hour from a store helps us cut down on unhealthy stuff as I have to carefully plan out what I need before I go. Mr. V does have the bad habit of adding lots of ice cream to the cart though. He can't help himself. :laugh:

I heard from Voo the other day, it was a nice surprise. Hopefully she'll stop in and see us here. :)

Users who are viewing this thread