The Posse that cooks together...Recipe Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bliss12897

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Even though my wife is a baker, this is my favorite cookie recipe that i whip up! (it's so easy, even i can do it!)

1 chocolate cake mix (my fav is Devil's Food)
2 eggs
1/3 c. oil

Mix everything together with a mixer. Will be thick and leave sides of the bowl clean. Roll teaspoonfuls into balls, then roll in sugar. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 for 10 minutes or until cracked open on top.

You can make these with ANY cake mix... so the flavors are endless. Some other favorites: Spice, Strawberry, Lemon, Butter Pecan. Also, instead of rolling the batter in sugar before baking, you can just bake them and then top with cream cheese icing once they are cooled off! :)

Hey, that is easy. Kealey would love to bake those with her Papaw.
Thanks Jeff :)

bliss12897

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
"Bawled" Peanuts

2 pounds dried raw peanuts in shell
1/2 to 2/3 cup salt

Preparation

1. Soak peanuts in water to cover in a large stock pot at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours. (You may need to weigh down peanuts with a large plate or lid to ensure that they are fully submerged.) Drain and rinse.

2. Place peanuts and desired amount of salt in stock pot with 4 1/2 qt. water; bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 6 hours or until peanuts are tender, adding water as needed to keep peanuts covered; stir occasionally.

3. Remove from heat; let stand 1 hour.

Options:

Cajun Boiled Peanuts: Proceed with Step 1, adding 1/2 cup Cajun seasoning to water. Proceed with Step 2, using 1/2 cup salt and 5 to 7 Tbsp. liquid Cajun crab boil before bringing to a boil. Proceed with recipe as directed.

Ham-Flavored Boiled Peanuts:
Proceed with Step 1. Omit Step 2, and bring 6 qt. water and 2 smoked ham hocks to a boil in a large stock pot. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 hours. Remove and discard ham hocks. Cool broth; chill 8 hours. Skim fat from broth. Add peanuts and 1/2 cup salt to broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 6 hours or until tender, adding water as needed to keep peanuts covered; stir occasionally. Remove from heat; let stand 1 hour.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Thank you Violet! <hugs>

now, if someone already has this avatar, someone let me know really fast and I will change it.
Wow! Hey! How YOU doin'?!?!?

You look good morri! Nice choice. Make sure you wander into the chit chat thread and say Hi!
You always look good FV!!! Dread head or not!

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
"Bawled" Peanuts

2 pounds dried raw peanuts in shell
1/2 to 2/3 cup salt

Preparation

1. Soak peanuts in water to cover in a large stock pot at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours. (You may need to weigh down peanuts with a large plate or lid to ensure that they are fully submerged.) Drain and rinse.

2. Place peanuts and desired amount of salt in stock pot with 4 1/2 qt. water; bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 6 hours or until peanuts are tender, adding water as needed to keep peanuts covered; stir occasionally.

3. Remove from heat; let stand 1 hour.

Options:

Cajun Boiled Peanuts: Proceed with Step 1, adding 1/2 cup Cajun seasoning to water. Proceed with Step 2, using 1/2 cup salt and 5 to 7 Tbsp. liquid Cajun crab boil before bringing to a boil. Proceed with recipe as directed.

Ham-Flavored Boiled Peanuts:
Proceed with Step 1. Omit Step 2, and bring 6 qt. water and 2 smoked ham hocks to a boil in a large stock pot. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 hours. Remove and discard ham hocks. Cool broth; chill 8 hours. Skim fat from broth. Add peanuts and 1/2 cup salt to broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 6 hours or until tender, adding water as needed to keep peanuts covered; stir occasionally. Remove from heat; let stand 1 hour.
Oh, I am saving this one!!!!

violetvoo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Down the rabbit hole..
I found this recipe and going to make it later..

Cinnamon-Sugar Popcorn
Ingredients

1 cup unpopped popcorn
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions

Preheat an oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Pop the popcorn using an air popper according to manufacturer's directions. Place into a large mixing bowl, and set aside.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the sugar, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla, and cook until thick and bubbly. Pour over the popcorn, and stir until the popcorn is evenly coated. Spread the popcorn into a large roasting pan.
Bake in the preheated oven 10 minutes, then turn the heat off, and allow the popcorn to stay in the oven 20 minutes longer. Remove from oven, and cool completely before serving

Last edited:

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
This may have to go on my menu for my eat anything you want diet.

I found this recipe and going to make it later..

Cinnamon-Sugar Popcorn
Ingredients

1 cup unpopped popcorn
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions

Preheat an oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Pop the popcorn using an air popper according to manufacturer's directions. Place into a large mixing bowl, and set aside.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the sugar, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla, and cook until thick and bubbly. Pour over the popcorn, and stir until the popcorn is evenly coated. Spread the popcorn into a large roasting pan.
Bake in the preheated oven 10 minutes, then turn the heat off, and allow the popcorn to stay in the oven 20 minutes longer. Remove from oven, and cool completely before serving

violetvoo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Down the rabbit hole..
these choc chip cookie dough brownies look awesome...
a lot of work but I bet worth it...yum....Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies | Brown Eyed Baker

chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-brownies-1-550.jpg

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread