The Posse that cooks together...Recipe Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bliss12897

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
James it all sounds so good. I would like to eat the food you love to cook and cook the food you love to eat..

Bam, that is the 1 and only thing I miss about Louisiana, crawfish joints. 10 lb bags with corn and red skinned potatoes....well I miss Lake Charles too. but mostly just the crawfish.

bamsbbq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Tacoma,WA
James it all sounds so good. I would like to eat the food you love to cook and cook the food you love to eat..

Bam, that is the 1 and only thing I miss about Louisiana, crawfish joints. 10 lb bags with corn and red skinned potatoes....well I miss Lake Charles too. but mostly just the crawfish.

I have a local grocery store that takes all the work of cooking it for me. $1.89/lb cooked with my seasonings and they will cook the shrimp too. All the prices are the same whether they cook them or not :)

Bams needs a ZEN BAM!!

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
Here is my contribution to the thread... not sure anyone could truly call it healthy though! ;)

Allazar's Queso

Ingredients:
2 Cheese blocks of easy melt cheese (or Velveeta if you prefer namebrand)
2 lbs. Sausage (Hot)
1 Can chili (hot no beans) (Wolf for those that like name brand)
2 Small cans Rotel tomatos
1 Large bottle of Pace picante sauce
1 Small block Cream cheese
1 Small container of sour cream
1 Small package of Guacamole
Add Worcestershire sauce to taste preference

Directions:

1. Brown Sausage.
2. Cut up the cheese into smaller chunks to facilitate melting.
3. Place cutup cheese in pan, empty Rotel dip cans and Pace bottle into pot.
4. Once cheese is nearly melted add the can of chili and the browned sausage.
5. Stir continuously and then add a cutup block of cream cheese, the guacamole and the sour cream.
6. While continuing to stir (never stop for too long or the pot becomes a mess to clean) add the Worcestershire sauce to taste. (Note: you want to put a good bit because this is a large recipe)
7. Stir until all ingredients fully mixed and melted and remove from heat for approximately 30-45 minutes.
8. Serve with chips or other preference to go with the Queso.

This definately qualifies as trailer park, but God is it good!:blush::facepalm::party::toast::p

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Allazar reminded me of my wife's sausage dip!

2 blocks of cream cheese
2 cans of Rotel, drained, hot or mild to taste (I prefer hot)
1 pound of sausage, hot or mild to taste (I prefer hot)

Brown and drain the sausage
Soften the cream cheese in the microwave
mix everything together

Grab a bag of tortilla chips
Scoop chips in dip
transfer large amounts of cholesterol infused heaven to your mouth
Chew
Swallow
Repeat repeatedly.

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
Since I wont tell my secrets to "Soopa Doopa Tastey Burgers" ( a few "funny" friends renamed them STD Burgers :glare:)
Enjoy!!!

I understand completely on this one James! Like James, I really do not want to give my hamburger recipe away... especially since it is always an appearance and consistency thing rather than specific amounts! ;)
Guys can't give away all of their culinary secrets!!! :lol:
Here is another recipe I do like though...

Fried bologna is hard to beat...
1. Toast the bread (generous butter)
2. slice the bologna thin and cut a small hole in the center (if not the center poofs up)
3. Fry the bologna in the same pan, and add lettuce cheese and bacon....Yummy!!! (some would add tomato slices but I do not like tomatoes)

Simple, yet cheap and tasty... can make it in 10 minutes! ;)

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
I understand completely on this one James! Like James, I really do not want to give my hamburger recipe away... especially since it is always an appearance and consistency thing rather than specific amounts! ;)
Guys can't give away all of their culinary secrets!!! :lol:
Here is another recipe I do like though...

Fried bologna is hard to beat...
1. Toast the bread (generous butter)
2. slice the bologna thin and cut a small hole in the center (if not the center poofs up)
3. Fry the bologna in the same pan, and add lettuce cheese and bacon....Yummy!!! (some would add tomato slices but I do not like tomatoes)

Simple, yet cheap and tasty... can make it in 10 minutes! ;)
Youre absolutley right. Most of my recipes dont have amounts. More like add until the color looks right. or shake into mixture until it looks right. To this day, I have NO idea how much of most of what goes into the STD burgers.

Ive never cut holes into my fried bologna.... just three or four cuts out from the middle. Makes it look like a Celtic cross or something when its cooked. And yes, tomato is a mandatory ingredient on all fried bolongna sammiches. Unless you arent human. Then tomatoes may be overlooked.

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
Ive never cut holes into my fried bologna.... just three or four cuts out from the middle. Makes it look like a Celtic cross or something when its cooked. And yes, tomato is a mandatory ingredient on all fried bolongna sammiches. Unless you arent human. Then tomatoes may be overlooked.

That's what I meant about cutting the middle of it, I just did not describe it well... thanks! ;)

tomatoes (unless processed into ketchup) are just not good to me... there are very few vegetables (with the possible exception of asparagus) that I actually like. :(
I always fed my vegetables to the family cat when I was growing up... probably why it lived over 20 years! :lol:

Jdsgibson

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2011
Sorryville

We picked up 10lbs of boiled crawfish yesterday. Plus a pound of shrimp and corn and potatoes. They were delicious. Best I've had so far this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread