I'm here, when I'm here
Yessssss! It will be fun.

angry-no-smiley-emoticon.gif

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
@ Train or Kiwi or anyone else knowledgable about builds.

I've got 30 gauge kanthal, the Russian 91s and 2mm silica coming this week.

If I want to vape somewhere in the 2 ohm range, how many wraps should I make on the coil? I'm assuming 8 to 10 but do more coils make for higher ohms or vice-versa? I'm assuming I can test the ohms on my MVP 2 but any tips are appreciated!

That is what I use, I twist mine on a 5/64ths drill bit with a 10/11 wrap, I also press the coils together so the coils are touching. I heat them on my stove. I get a OHM between 2.0 and 2.5. I have been trying silica in 2 of mine, with a strip of cotton over the top, and down to the deck, I have never read of anyone trying this before, I always had a problem with dry hits with silica and the Kayfuns, until I tried this, although I think I am using 3 mm silica, in mine. I hope this helps.

KAS

Harleybarbie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Wonderland
@ Train or Kiwi or anyone else knowledgable about builds.

I've got 30 gauge kanthal, the Russian 91s and 2mm silica coming this week.

If I want to vape somewhere in the 2 ohm range, how many wraps should I make on the coil? I'm assuming 8 to 10 but do more coils make for higher ohms or vice-versa? I'm assuming I can test the ohms on my MVP 2 but any tips are appreciated!

I'm prob too late to answer.

Here's my :2c:

I've been building my own Kayfun coils since February, Protank coils even longer. I hate recoiling Protanks. Haven't used them since I now have 4 KF clones.

I use 32ga wire & cotton, 4x5 wraps gives me a readout of 1.2-1.6 almost every time.

I'm guessing 30ga you would do 5x6 wraps would get you what you need.

I like using my MVP for reading my coils. It doesn't fire them like the 'Vari's and it's not a bad base to build on. I've been putting off buying an ohm meter... Priorities you know...

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread