Not open for further replies.

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
little birdhouse in your soul
Heyho!

If you've got the latest v4 (with the enlarged deck), the fill hole was reposition in a weird location. You gotta make sure you fill it really slowly. Personally I found that using a nipple tip bottle works a lot better than using a syringe.

For my pro ring, I'm using a tatroe pro ring.
va8avane.jpg

Don't forget: the 510 connection of the fogger v4 is adjustable! You can screw it in or out :)

ETA: in case you dunno which version it is,

The 4.2 has a smaller deck:
me6epa4a.jpg

The 4.3 has a significantly larger deck (area around air hole)
qa6e8ajy.jpg

In the 4.3, they repositioned the fill hole such that there's an obstruction below it. If you use a syringe, chances are that panel creates resistance that causes your juice to back flow. Either insert the needle tip less into the hole, or use less force + slower

9upe6uqe.jpg

Hope that helps!

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

I have the 4.3.

I did try slower and did try to pull up on the depth of the syringe and it just kept coming back up. I didn't know why I was having issues and got mad..........and when I get mad, I do goofy stuff like try to top fill something that isn't supposed to be top filled :)

I did adjust the center pin up but the stem itself is where the gap is created so I think I am stuck with that unless I buy a new Tatroe ring.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
In the 4.3, they repositioned the fill hole such that there's an obstruction below it. If you use a syringe, chances are that panel creates resistance that causes your juice to back flow. Either insert the needle tip less into the hole, or use less force + slower

9upe6uqe.jpg

Hope that helps!

Lol- you told him he had an upgraded hole-

Last edited:

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
I have the 4.3.

I did try slower and did try to pull up on the depth of the syringe and it just kept coming back up. I didn't know why I was having issues and got mad..........and when I get mad, I do goofy stuff like try to top fill something that isn't supposed to be top filled :)

I did adjust the center pin up but the stem itself is where the gap is created so I think I am stuck with that unless I buy a new Tatroe ring.

Ah right right. Have you tried disassembling it and examining the juice hole shown in the last picture? Just to see if anything is obstructing it.

In any case, there we go. Typical china manufacturing inconsistency. Grin. It happens. But apart from that, how's it vaping?

ETA: interesting thing, but wouldn't recommend you doing it. What I've been doing is to screw on my 2 chimney pieces, and deliberately screwing that onto the top cap ridiculously overly tight. When I hold the lower chimney section and unscrew it, what happens is that it screws off, leaving the top chimney section permanently stuck to the top cap. It sounds stupid and ridiculous, BUT what has happened is that now I can:

1) turn the top cap upside down, plop in the glass tube, and fill eliquid straight into the top cap up to the chimney. Then plop the base + bottom chimney section on. I like it this way, and haven't messed with my fill hole ever again

2) best part about this: now I can turn it upside down and unscrew the base to access the coils without draining the atty.

Chanced upon this method by accident, and then went on to deliberately overtighten all my fogger to achieve the same result. GREAT SUCCESS

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013

9upe6uqe.jpg

Hope that helps!

Lol- you told him he had an upgraded hole-

Heheheh. Not too much of an upgrade evidently :p

Last edited:

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
ALRIGHT. got my final 10ml dose of painkillers for the day. Which means I'm gonna pass the BEEP out in a couple of mins.

Now you guys behave yourself; let's try not to burn the house down/get infractions. Yes I'm looking at you drummer, MC, Tina, Oce and I know I missed some other naughty fellas' names.

The kiwi bids his farewell and will see you folks when it is time.

<insert whatever sounds a kiwi makes>

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Ah right right. Have you tried disassembling it and examining the juice hole shown in the last picture? Just to see if anything is obstructing it.

In any case, there we go. Typical china manufacturing inconsistency. Grin. It happens. But apart from that, how's it vaping?

ETA: interesting thing, but wouldn't recommend you doing it. What I've been doing is to screw on my 2 chimney pieces, and deliberately screwing that onto the top cap ridiculously overly tight. When I hold the lower chimney section and unscrew it, what happens is that it screws off, leaving the top chimney section permanently stuck to the top cap. It sounds stupid and ridiculous, BUT what has happened is that now I can:

1) turn the top cap upside down, plop in the glass tube, and fill eliquid straight into the top cap up to the chimney. Then plop the base + bottom chimney section on. I like it this way, and haven't messed with my fill hole ever again

2) best part about this: now I can turn it upside down and unscrew the base to access the coils without draining the atty.

Chanced upon this method by accident, and then went on to deliberately overtighten all my fogger to achieve the same result. GREAT SUCCESS

Why would you do that? :)

Actually, I read that elsewhere and I guess I just didn't over-tighten it enough to work well. I actually tried this when I was mad but it didn't work well.

I did look for obstructions but didn't see any. I even looked inside, saw some daylight and tried to aim the needle tip there. I may try your un-recommended suggestion though. It may be less messy that what I am doing and if it breaks, it was only $30

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
It is. I will post a picture when I return from work tonight. It is so small in 18350 mode, I have the perfect tank for it- IBTanked HalfLing...

I just got a gently used mini myself today. Between running that in 18350 mode + using a nano kit on my KFL+v2, it is a nice compact vape!

Now I foresee myself doing the un-ProVarinati thing in the near future, and let my old "backup" ProVari go. Keeping my full size for home, and the mini for out and about...in either case, I have a backup in case one sees an unfortunate accident...and I figure that by letting my old one go cheap, it may allow someone who may not have had the $$ or wants to spend a lot on one to experience a ProVari vape

xstitch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Maine
I just got a gently used mini myself today. Between running that in 18350 mode + using a nano kit on my KFL+v2, it is a nice compact vape!

Now I foresee myself doing the un-ProVarinati thing in the near future, and let my old "backup" ProVari go. Keeping my full size for home, and the mini for out and about...in either case, I have a backup in case one sees an unfortunate accident...and I figure that by letting my old one go cheap, it may allow someone who may not have had the $$ or wants to spend a lot on one to experience a ProVari vape

What is your "backup"? I'm sorta hunting for my son, in case I can't part with one of mine, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Crap, I forgot GoT was on last night

Go-To GoT comment as stated in a previous thread, "I can't believe _________ died". I didn't watch it yet either so this is not a spoiler. :)

I think I really only want two Provari total...........no disrespect meant. I have the full size and believe I have a mini (or will shortly) and I am good. I have an MVP as a back up and a Spinner and small eGo if my car were to explode.......or just the top two floors of my house burnt down. I am considering a custom piece too but even that would be outside of what I feel would be necessary for me.

xstitch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Maine
Go-To GoT comment as stated in a previous thread, "I can't believe _________ died". I didn't watch it yet either so this is not a spoiler. :)

I think I really only want two Provari total...........no disrespect meant. I have the full size and believe I have a mini (or will shortly) and I am good. I have an MVP as a back up and a Spinner and small eGo if my car were to explode.......or just the top two floors of my house burnt down. I am considering a custom piece too but even that would be outside of what I feel would be necessary for me.

I can't see myself ever having more than three. My husband thinks I'm crazy as it is! I never asked him to buy me one or any of my tanks, I used my babysitting money. He does buy my liquids and flavors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread