Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Here is an additional trick you can do, I bought a 810 tap and rethreaded the male RCA connector (Picture 1)

Picture 2 shows the RCA adapter rethreaded before grinding the end flush.

I then ground down the end of the connector (Picture 3), this allows for an 801 to be screwed on to the connector or...

Pictue 4 shows the different connectors I can attach, such as an 801 to 901 adapter in picture 5.

Well thats it, these are mainly for passthrough use or a PV that does not need the switch in the RCA connector barrel.

Dan

Attachments

• RCA1.jpg
    RCA1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 532
  • RCA2.jpg
    RCA2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 506
  • RCA3.jpg
    RCA3.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 499
  • RCA4.jpg
    RCA4.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 481
  • RCA5.jpg
    RCA5.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 457

SeanO'Connell

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
Las Vegas
Latest PVMA Mod:
Used the RCA connector with a switch in it so I dont need to put one in the battery case, thanks for the idea nick76! Case connector in effect is always "hot", here it is:

IMAGE_081.jpg

IMAGE_082.jpg

IMAGE_083.jpg

Well works great and I can make the battery case faster since I dont have to put the switch in! woohooo

Dan
where did you get the case you are using in these images?

gormly

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2011
Connecticut USA
www.discountvapers.com
Here is an additional trick you can do, I bought a 810 tap and rethreaded the male RCA connector (Picture 1)

Picture 2 shows the RCA adapter rethreaded before grinding the end flush.

I then ground down the end of the connector (Picture 3), this allows for an 801 to be screwed on to the connector or...

Pictue 4 shows the different connectors I can attach, such as an 801 to 901 adapter in picture 5.

Well thats it, these are mainly for passthrough use or a PV that does not need the switch in the RCA connector barrel.

Dan

THANK YOU DAN!

I made these today after visiting Radio Shack and completed a mod in record time

plug2.jpg

plug1.jpg

mod2a.jpg

I am calling it "The Bunny" :)

mod2.jpg

It's powered by 3 1300mAh batteries fully rechargable via the RCA jacks.

More thanks goes to a few other guys in the other modding threads.
Now I can vape two different cartos without switching or anything.

pman5kmo

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
United States
Ladies and gentleman,
The final solution to battery connectors is here!
The Power Vaper Modular Array.

You only need 1 connector no matter how many mods you build.

Here are some pics so you can all figure out the whats and hows.

No, i will not be selling anything, i just post it for anyone that wants to try it. All the parts are very easy to build with little experience and some basic tools.

I have always thought about building a unit using a 'quick connect' type connector, though I was thinking more alongst the line of those quarter turn radio antennae type connectors for more security....

BikerBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
VA
I have always thought about building a unit using a 'quick connect' type connector, though I was thinking more alongst the line of those quarter turn radio antennae type connectors for more security....

"BNC" connectors? I've used them for RF, up to about 20-30watts, and contact resistance for center+shield is on the order of milli-ohms, but can't seem to find any specification as to DC current capacity. I have a bunch of these in my parts drawer, and was wondering about them. There is also a threaded version, called a TNC connector, if you'd like a little more 'security'.

Nicotinologist

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
Long Beach, California
"BNC" connectors? I've used them for RF, up to about 20-30watts, and contact resistance for center+shield is on the order of milli-ohms, but can't seem to find any specification as to DC current capacity. I have a bunch of these in my parts drawer, and was wondering about them. There is also a threaded version, called a TNC connector, if you'd like a little more 'security'.

I am pretty sure it's tenfold the capacity for e-cig. I've used them alot for something else when I was in the military.

pman5kmo

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
United States
I am pretty sure it's tenfold the capacity for e-cig. I've used them alot for something else when I was in the military.
I have used them for many other purposes in the military as well. BNC will handle several amps DC at more voltage than any ecig application would require.

They are rather secure as is, i have seen them hold 20+lbs commo gear and mount after taking an IED dangling in my flipped M1114. Granted my knee also helped stop it from flying into a full bird colonels head... But the M240 was A-OK and i had it dismounted and was rocking and rolling that baby till CAS came on station, made the colonel my ammo b#@%& during that incident, even got with my capt to rec him for a Bronze star as the col did well and listened to my direction lol. The col was a total POG (surgeon actually) and was feeding ammo while checking my knee and calling in a medevac as we had only one out of 4 vehicles up.

rebar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
iowa
First i wanna say thank you to Warp1900 very much for the idea of RCA adaptor !! Here is my first work of 2 USB power passthrough with RCA + switch, and this can be use for any of my future batt box Mod.
Nick
http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/Nick4o8/DSC01435.jpg
http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/Nick4o8/DSC01438.jpg
http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/Nick4o8/DSC01441.jpg

Nick, or Scubabatdan.. Please elaborate more on which switch, and how the heck you got it in the sleeve? This is exactly what I'm looking for but with a 510.. Can it can handle 18 or so watts.?.

Anyone?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread