The REO Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Hey there Reonauts...poppin in to pat myself on the back...:)
View attachment 726685
I think I was probably about 1 year in when I picked up my Grand.
And since then, I've vaped a Reo every. single. day.

I have quite a collection of squonkers (like...30?) but what replaced my Grand as the road warrior that goes with me everywhere? A P67.

Congrat's on the 5 years Mr Train2 man. :)

KAS

Last edited:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
View attachment 726685

I have quite a collection of squonkers (like...30?) but what replaced my Grand as the road warrior that goes with me everywhere? A P67.

Nicely done, sir.
:toast:

Gotta love those road reos. It like having one of those filtration straws that let you drink the water in most any place - indispensable in some parts.

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
They both have "loose-it-and-they're-gone-for-good" post screws. iii has adjustable air, ii has ability to do "z" coil. You just missed a ii (with the air hole drilled out) in the classies that was there for >1wk. I dont have a ii, but 3 iii's. For me, I don't like non adjustable air even on MTL atties as I like options, plus, leaking potential is near non existent on iii as in, you pretty much have to squonk full and flip it over for it to leak. Only "issue" with iii is checking for shorts with the cap on after building. Probably easier on the ii with a z coil to not touch the inside cap to the coil. I would find it hard to believe the ii has better flavor than the iii though.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA

That is very true about the Chalice III post screws/nuts. I was very good at not loosing one for about 1 1/2 years. Then last year I lost one, and I never ordered the spares. :( This was the first one I bought, (From Rob) I think I paid $150.00 for it. Those replacements were expensive also, I think they were $12.00 per pair.:shock:

KAS

Last edited:

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
thanks, I have a iii as well. My only gripe is that it can’t do the z coil. I love z coil attys. I saw that chalice ii in the classys, I prefer one that hasn’t been drilled out and that’s why I passed.

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
thanks, I have a iii as well. My only gripe is that it can’t do the z coil. I love z coil attys. I saw that chalice ii in the classys, I prefer one that hasn’t been drilled out and that’s why I passed.
Not having a ii, I cant say for sure, but I would bet that the ability to plant the coil so close to the hole in the iii would have better results than a z coil for flavor on the chalices. Dont get me wrong, I also love z coils but in all the atties that i use z's in have air flow on both sides (stumpy, o little 16, nuppin, etc). having a z so far (relative to its size) from the air hole in the ii would add throat hit, something accomplished in the iii by raising the coil above the inside hole slightly. (FYI, the drilled out hole is why I passed on it too, but just barely!)

• Agree
Reactions: Vapefiend

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
View attachment 726685

Wahoooooooo!!! that's fantastic!!!

Got my new batts, got em dated and numbered, put tape tabs on em, charged em and they are ready to go.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Howdy, all.

Does anyone remember seeing a picture of an SL Grand where the owner had used a Dremel and sandpaper to create finger rests on the sides? When he was done, it almost looks like the REO had been warped or melted. I'm trying to find that picture and can't. If anyone can find it please post it here for me. Thanks so much.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
CC8B51FD-2877-4521-B0F9-AC624112D522.jpeg
18CBD2DC-4F66-414F-ABD0-84824D0FC32C.jpeg
B22B21E7-A388-4C92-B0C6-90C347EE4C5A.jpeg
You mean this one?

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
I believe that's the one

Nice job, fiend. Thanks

I'm thinking of trying out something similar. I like the idea of the finger rests.
I knew exactly what you were talking about from the way you described it. Glad I could help. Found it on another forum.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I could be wrong, but I think I recall seeing a different one too - it also ended up polished Alum, but was
a) Not a perforated SL
b) a bit more "free-form" - kind of modern art look to it...

Howdy, all.

Does anyone remember seeing a picture of an SL Grand where the owner had used a Dremel and sandpaper to create finger rests on the sides? When he was done, it almost looks like the REO had been warped or melted. I'm trying to find that picture and can't. If anyone can find it please post it here for me. Thanks so much.

I knew exactly what you were talking about from the way you described it. Glad I could help. Found it on another forum.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Anyone know if there's a way to stop ECF from bombarding my screen with advertisements for giveaways and all that? It really sucks. I'm on my phone most the time and anytime I try to X out of an ad it just pulls up the ad :unsure:

I don't know if this is available for phones but I use "uBlock Origin" on a PC with FireFox. I have yet to see these ads that seem to be everywhere on ECF.

• Winner
Reactions: Sloth Tonight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread