Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
God I hate renting I’ve been saving and saving for a house; my wife just graduated nursing school and got a job 6 months ago so we’re getting closer. I’ve been renting since 20 years old I’m 25 now. I could have paid half of a house off by now. :facepalm:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
God I hate renting I’ve been saving and saving for a house; my wife just graduated nursing school and got a job 6 months ago so we’re getting closer. I’ve been renting since 20 years old I’m 25 now. I could have paid half of a house off by now. :facepalm:

You'll get there, brother. You have the right attitude/priorities and are thinking about it at what many in here would refer to as a tender young age.

Housing around here is cray cray. Here's an ad for a comfy little fixer upper...
CanadaHouse.png

This earns us the dubious title of the least affordable city in NA: The most unaffordable housing markets in North America
As a result, rents are up there, too. I believe $2000/mo is the average cost for a 1 br.

I really feel for the folks your age trying to get a foothold.

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
I’m renting a 2br condo for 1300 and that’s on the cheaper end of CT. Where I work (Stamford CT) you can’t even get a studio for that price.
I was paying $1,150 a month for a studio in CT 12 years ago. Now I'm in TN paying $650 a month for a 3 bedroom. Plus, TN doesn't have a state income tax.

Not everyone can do that, I get that, plus you have to live in Tennessee which is a punishment all it's own. In the end though, it works out ok for me.

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
Haha, as somebody raised there, I completely agree with this.
Lol. It was said mostly in jest, but it is quite an adjustment. I went from Connecticut to the north side of Chicago, to Indianapolis (probably the most redneck northern major city east of the Mississippi) to Tennessee. I'm scared half to death I'll wake up in Jackson Mississippi next.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Lol. It was said mostly in jest, but it is quite an adjustment. I went from Connecticut to the north side of Chicago, to Indianapolis (probably the most redneck northern major city east of the Mississippi) to Tennessee. I'm scared half to death I'll wake up in Jackson Mississippi next.
Nah. My parents moved to Jackson, and moved back to TN before I was born :D

LarryPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
San Diego CA
You'll get there, brother. You have the right attitude/priorities and are thinking about it at what many in here would refer to as a tender young age.

Housing around here is cray cray. Here's an ad for a comfy little fixer upper...
View attachment 735197

This earns us the dubious title of the least affordable city in NA: The most unaffordable housing markets in North America
As a result, rents are up there, too. I believe $2000/mo is the average cost for a 1 br.

I hope that prices is in pesos

• Agree
Reactions: Debadoo

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.

View attachment 735197

I hear you and we are seeing it here also. We are north of SF and folks are u derstandably moving north due to the housing market in SF. Luckily we moved here and bought 23 years ago when it was in our price range. We could sell and be able to retire but then we would have to move (yep! Hear ya @Vapefiend) and we LOVE living near a river in the magical redwoods. The picture reminds me of a postcard in these parts showing a home is severe distress, sporting the title “California Fixer Upper. $1 million.” Interesting article @Papa_Lazarou. Thanks for sharing.

So grateful your wife @Vapefiend is graduating from nursing school. Smart career choice. There will always be work AND she gets to help folks too. Double win! I started out as an LVN (LPN in the rest of the country) and am so grateful I did. Lots of OT opportunities when I was a pup and I dig helping others as well.
Keep unpacking and glad to see you are ok.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I do, definitely a lot better of a place. I’m hoping this is my last year renting though :confused: a house would be nice.
Jup it is nice, but make sure you got a good savings acct. My son and dil bought a house a few years ago and they could easily afford it, but then the mortgage went up almost $400 a month due to taxes and something else I don't recall. A buncha things have broken, most recently the dishwasher......... now my son is considering selling and renting a house again til they get on better financial footing. He probably won't, but it's frustrating him so bad that every time they get a lil ahead something breaks and puts em back in the poor house

so kewl! My son has one year left of nursing school when this semester is over. They graduate earlier up there than down here.

Here's an ad for a comfy little fixer upper...
that's insane!

to Indianapolis
if you lived in Indianapolis, you can live anywhere! I think the only place worse might be Cleveland!

I started out as an LVN (LPN in the rest of the country) and am so grateful I did. Lots of OT opportunities when I was a pup and I dig helping others as well.
kewl! I didn't know you were a nurse. Not a lot of LVNs anymore since they have the 2 yr RN programs now.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Hey guys went a bit crazy today; ordered the chalice iv a black wrinkle door a reonaut T-shirt and made my first purchase on classys today. Hopefully scored a nuppin finally and a chalice iii (needed a backup)

Money spent meh tax season right? :rolleyes:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Hey guys went a bit crazy today; ordered the chalice iv a black wrinkle door a reonaut T-shirt and made my first purchase on classys today. Hopefully scored a nuppin finally and a chalice iii (needed a backup)

Money spent meh tax season right? :rolleyes:
kewl! Is the nuppin a V1 or V2? I think the only diff is that v1 has a lip that allows the top cap to go only so far then it stops. I loved my nuppins for quite a long time, but finally got to where I needed more airflow, moved on to derringer for a long time.......now I'm on the O16s. Dunno that I'll ever need to move on. I do wish I were better at mounting z coils though, but I get em in there.

Cleveland, Detroit, New Orleans, Birmingham, and Sacramento off the top of my head. But yes, it is near the bottom as far as cities go.
Jup def Detroit and unfortunately NOLA. It was filthy before katrina. Such a shame too, so much history there and it's such a slime pit. Don't really know anything about Bham and Sac.

Reactions: kas122461

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
kewl! Is the nuppin a V1 or V2? I think the only diff is that v1 has a lip that allows the top cap to go only so far then it stops. I loved my nuppins for quite a long time, but finally got to where I needed more airflow, moved on to derringer for a long time.......now I'm on the O16s. Dunno that I'll ever need to move on. I do wish I were better at mounting z coils though, but I get em in there.

Jup def Detroit and unfortunately NOLA. It was filthy before katrina. Such a shame too, so much history there and it's such a slime pit. Don't really know anything about Bham and Sac.
It’s a v2! I’m so excited this was one of my unicorn attys that I’ve been after. Seen many pass in the classys but finally pulled the trigger on this one! Can’t wait to get it fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread