Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Sloth, my man :toast:

Yes, I remember your trials and tribulations with the kayfuns. No fun. No fun at all.

The better half and I are having a fabulous summer. It has been gorgeous for 3 months. It's also rained regularly (about every 2 weeks, at night, no less) so the fire hazard is merely "high" as opposed to the "super triple extremely high, no really. it's that high" rating we normally see on these islands. This means no restrictions except for beach and slash pile fires (and industrial logging, which I am not wont to do anyway). For us, this means we've been able to build things like decks on some bluffs and cut some new paths through the forest on the property. Heaven.

You? How is the busy season going?

BTW, if you haven't already, you should play the Fate of Atlantis DLC for AC Odyssey. Very fun stuff.
I'm glad to hear you're having a great summer! And that's great about the rain! I've been thinking a lot about my trip out there lately. What an amazing area - I can't wait to return and see more of it. Soak up a little extra sunshine on behalf of your friend the Sloth!

The season's been great in terms of business, rough in terms of staffing. We've lost all (literally) of our main employees. Variety of reasons. I'm even down an innkeeper and haven't found a replacement yet. Other than that, things are going well my friend! We had a very wet spring, but the past month or so has been mostly sunshine and warm days.

I'm excited to check out the DLC soon. I've been playing Nier, which is very engrossing, but have my eye on Atlantis. Glad to hear it's good!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Had a delightful customer from Vermont yesterday @Sloth Tonight and thought of you! Hope you are busy and getting some fun moments in.
:wub: Hi Robino! I'm glad to hear your area is busy as I know every little bit is very helpful right now. I hope you're doing really well and enjoying the summer! Doing well here, keeping busy while having fun is the name of the sloth game :)

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
:wub: Hi Robino! I'm glad to hear your area is busy as I know every little bit is very helpful right now. I hope you're doing really well and enjoying the summer! Doing well here, keeping busy while having fun is the name of the sloth game :)
Thank you sweetie! Yes, I do make sure that I schedule at least one afternoon on the river each week. Floating on a raft, counting all the shades of green and talking with the ducks is where I re-group for sure. Sounds like you are getting some fun in during this busy time too.
I hear you with staffing problems. Had a bit that myself this season but was able to remedy (me working more and an employee from years ago came back to help us out. A welcome reprieve from her kids too hahaha). Fingers crossed for you this season.
Hugs to all!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Thank you sweetie! Yes, I do make sure that I schedule at least one afternoon on the river each week. Floating on a raft, counting all the shades of green and talking with the ducks is where I re-group for sure. Sounds like you are getting some fun in during this busy time too.
I hear you with staffing problems. Had a bit that myself this season but was able to remedy (me working more and an employee from years ago came back to help us out. A welcome reprieve from her kids too hahaha). Fingers crossed for you this season.
Hugs to all!
Your days on a raft sound heavenly! That's my kind of relaxation right there :toast: thanks for the good wishes and I'm glad to hear your staffing issues were remedied. Phew. This kind of stuff makes me nervous.

As an aside, to any fellow REOnauts here who may happen to be fans of Tool, I assure you that I share in your excitement right now. Tool has been my favorite band for over half my life. Their music has accompanied my personal growth in numerous ways. I've been waiting 13 long years for a new album. Earlier this year, Chrissy said "this is the year. The new Tool is coming." I laughed, because I'd been saying that every year for over a decade.

The other night, I saw something that shocked me on my youtube feed: "Fear Inoculum" - words can't begin to describe my feelings at that moment. I lied down in the dark with headphones and hit play. It sincerely brought me to tears.

Spiral out, fellow 'nauts :)

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Your days on a raft sound heavenly! That's my kind of relaxation right there :toast: thanks for the good wishes and I'm glad to hear your staffing issues were remedied. Phew. This kind of stuff makes me nervous.

As an aside, to any fellow REOnauts here who may happen to be fans of Tool, I assure you that I share in your excitement right now. Tool has been my favorite band for over half my life. Their music has accompanied my personal growth in numerous ways. I've been waiting 13 long years for a new album. Earlier this year, Chrissy said "this is the year. The new Tool is coming." I laughed, because I'd been saying that every year for over a decade.

The other night, I saw something that shocked me on my youtube feed: "Fear Inoculum" - words can't begin to describe my feelings at that moment. I lied down in the dark with headphones and hit play. It sincerely brought me to tears.

Spiral out, fellow 'nauts :)

Ah, Tool :headbang:

Maynard has been so busy with other things, I'm glad he and the boys found the time to produce another album.

We visited his winery in AZ (Caduceus) many, many times. There's a lot going on with that dude. The story and symbolism on everything from the design of vintage labels to the vineyard's structure speak volumes about his unique perspective of the world.

Love it when the cosmos aligns for a moment like this. Happy for ya, brother.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I'm glad to hear you're having a great summer! And that's great about the rain! I've been thinking a lot about my trip out there lately. What an amazing area - I can't wait to return and see more of it. Soak up a little extra sunshine on behalf of your friend the Sloth!

The season's been great in terms of business, rough in terms of staffing. We've lost all (literally) of our main employees. Variety of reasons. I'm even down an innkeeper and haven't found a replacement yet. Other than that, things are going well my friend! We had a very wet spring, but the past month or so has been mostly sunshine and warm days.

I'm excited to check out the DLC soon. I've been playing Nier, which is very engrossing, but have my eye on Atlantis. Glad to hear it's good!

I found Nier positively eerie in many spots. Very meta with a sense of desperate isolation only Japanese games can bring. My favourite bad guys were the kamikaze bombs that run at you screaming. There's a spot where they re-gen infinitely and I'd set my character to auto-defend (not gonna lie - it helps levelling up to let it run like that for a time while you take a nap or eat dinner). The repeated sound of those guys charging me, sometimes 6 at a time, was blood curdling. Freaked one cat out (which I would have expected), enthralled the other (which makes me more concerned about going to sleep with her in the room).

Off to go finish building our greenhouse before any power tool bans come into effect. Project 6 of 9 that we set for ourselves this summer.

You'd be in heaven if you were here right now. Next time you're out, we'll have to get you on a boat and catch (and release) a salmon.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I found Nier positively eerie in many spots. Very meta with a sense of desperate isolation only Japanese games can bring. My favourite bad guys were the kamikaze bombs that run at you screaming. There's a spot where they re-gen infinitely and I'd set my character to auto-defend (not gonna lie - it helps levelling up to let it run like that for a time while you take a nap or eat dinner). The repeated sound of those guys charging me, sometimes 6 at a time, was blood curdling. Freaked one cat out (which I would have expected), enthralled the other (which makes me more concerned about going to sleep with her in the room).

Off to go finish building our greenhouse before any power tool bans come into effect. Project 6 of 9 that we set for ourselves this summer.

You'd be in heaven if you were here right now. Next time you're out, we'll have to get you on a boat and catch (and release) a salmon.
I'm still laughing about your enthralled cat. And you napping while 2b destroys suicidal machines as the cat goes nuts. haha :)

That's awesome you're building a green house. Hope that goes well, a great thing to have my friend! I would definitely be in heaven if I were there now. That place is the closest to heaven I've ever been (sorry, Dacks - you're splendid, but you're not the west). Looking forward to fishing with you one day :party:

I knew that even if you weren't a fan of Tool's music, per se, that you'd certainly be familiar with and appreciate Maynard. I'd love to visit his vineyard sometime. In fact, I'm still trying to decide where to explore in October (assuming I can get the time off--still struggling to figure that out with an innkeeper down). Perhaps Arizona's a good destination for this fall :)

Let's all take a moment just to appreciate the timeliness/brilliance of these lyrics:

The deceiver says "You belong to me. You don't want to breathe the light of the others. Fear the light. Fear the breath. Fear the others for eternity." But I hear them now, inhale the clarity, hear the venom in what you say.

Inoculated. Bless this immunity.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I put in an order this morning for my last new Grand and some odds and ends. Happy to be getting the Grand I've wanted for quite some time, also very sad that's it's under theses conditions. For those of us that love our Reos, they will be with us for many years to come. I will always be thinking of Eric, and Rob.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I wish Eric & Cindy the best and certainly health and longevity in the future and although the news handed down Sunday is very sad, the writing was basically on the wall for quite some time and probably for the best so they can concentrate on the matters that are most important to them. It has been months since anything new or otherwise, (devices and or product), had been posted and if not for a few that post here this place has been a ghost town to say the least!! I still stop by and read the Reo forum a couple times a week if there are any new posts here but just have had nothing to add to the mix since I've stopped vaping and sold all my gear. I'm grateful to Rob for designing a device that I was able to use for the purpose I needed it for, (to help me quit everything altogether), and to everyone that was there along the way.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Hi @muzichead :wub: always good to see you pop in brother, I hope you're doing well.

I think of you often lately. I'm nearing the point where I'll likely stop vaping. Reason: laziness. Heh, I chuckle when I think of it, really - I've been slowly going down the same path you did. I'm certainly happy to see you've held up - gives me courage for when I finally decide to drop the nic altogether and phase out the habit.

Best wishes my friend.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Hi @muzichead :wub: always good to see you pop in brother, I hope you're doing well.

I think of you often lately. I'm nearing the point where I'll likely stop vaping. Reason: laziness. Heh, I chuckle when I think of it, really - I've been slowly going down the same path you did. I'm certainly happy to see you've held up - gives me courage for when I finally decide to drop the nic altogether and phase out the habit.

Best wishes my friend.

Bottom line for me, the vaping was a tool, not a hobby or a collection and the tool was used to get off cigarettes. And I have. One day, I hope to follow @muzichead

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
One of two ordered arrived today. Love it topped with a Berseker RDTA. Like the bottles also, a little softer and easier to squeeze. :)

104_0113.JPG 104_0111.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread