Actually one by Wayne.

Unsure what wood it is. Maybe amboyna?
645cde581d9f9d8eebd03aa16ef33639.jpg
2785d4984d682719fdc6b2035f4f115f.jpg
c4beebd07f3dd5edd8be108f6d4ec3a0.jpg
3747a1511ebd7b79399a54d829217e11.jpg
8b870f467e89d0d9d5a1467bb3714c30.jpg
84d4eaa2085c5a046c9096cb5324f396.jpg
Great photos and mod and Crocs!! Gotta love all of them. Thanks for sharing your new friend with us :)

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Alrighty Reonauts! I’m not real wordy but I do love my Reo Mods....all day, every day. Lets get some activity going here. How about an easy and fun game?
In one word, describe one reason you were attracted to getting your first Reo AND one word about how you feel about it now...... Plus, there are no limits on how many times you play his game k? We can of course amend the rules too. Hahaha

Ok...I’ll go first......:)

Then: Authentic
Now: Sturdy

Who’s next??

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
When I first looked at the REO, a long time back, I was kind of overwhelmed by what I saw. But Ithought that I would like it, very simple concept. Until @Papa_Lazarou walked me through the choices, I was at a loss. When I got my first, I was very pleased it started me going the right direction. I use a regulated squonker now but it was the simplicity, durability and flavor that got me started.
The REO Grands are now my "deeming" mods.

Alrighty Reonauts! I’m not real wordy but I do love my Reo Mods....all day, every day. Lets get some activity going here. How about an easy and fun game?
In one word, describe one reason you were attracted to getting your first Reo AND one word about how you feel about it now...... Plus, there are no limits on how many times you play his game k? We can of course amend the rules too. Hahaha

Ok...I’ll go first......:)

Then: Authentic
Now: Sturdy

Who’s next??

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Forgive me, Robin - I... I can't do one word. I just can't.

I was at a crossroads in my vaping - crappy pen mods with leaky clearomizers and mechs with leaky frustrating kayfuns. I'd heard "REO" as the mod that put an end to many, many a debate about the best gear in threads here (ECF), so I got interested.

First thought: Squonking?!? What is this squonking?

That lead me to here, specifically, where I was blown away by a friendly, knowledgeable, and dedicated REOVille population led by a humble yet strangely charismatic inventor in Rob. They, coupled with the veritable cornucopia of information in the stickies, dialed me in to the whole squonking scene right quick.

Second thought: Man, these REONaut cats REALLY dig this mod.
Third thought: Rob is a really cool guy.
Fourth thought: Ima be a REONaut. Yup, yup, yup.

So, I got into them because of this subforum. The mods and vaping method seemed sound and I was so ready for something to get me out of my current gear frustration, but I'd heard all that before, only to be largely unimpressed. It was the people that made this feel different.

Several dozen REO's later, I think I like them.

Why? Frankly, it's visceral - the gestalt of many factors, not just the sum of them - but here's a list:
* Effective method of vaping (squonkito ergo sum is my credo)
* Nigh indestructible, and 95% repairable if injured
* Personalizable (mix and match finishes and styles, aftermarket bling, DIY modding - heck, so endearing is this aspect of the platform that people name their REO's [guilty as charged, sir]))

Okay, okay... tl;dr: then - squonk-curiousity, now - reliability

Last edited:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I think that my story is legendary, but for the unaware, it involved a lot of swearing over leaky kayfuns. A lot of swearing. So I have to echo @TraderX and say my one word for 'then' would be "simplicity." I needed it.

I think I may have to also echo TraderX on the 'now' -- "reliability."

He pretty much nailed it. :toast:

Also, hi @Papa_Lazarou! Hope you and your wife are doing well my friend!

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I think that my story is legendary, but for the unaware, it involved a lot of swearing over leaky kayfuns. A lot of swearing. So I have to echo @TraderX and say my one word for 'then' would be "simplicity." I needed it.

I think I may have to also echo TraderX on the 'now' -- "reliability."

He pretty much nailed it. :toast:

Also, hi @Papa_Lazarou! Hope you and your wife are doing well my friend!

Sloth, my man :toast:

Yes, I remember your trials and tribulations with the kayfuns. No fun. No fun at all.

The better half and I are having a fabulous summer. It has been gorgeous for 3 months. It's also rained regularly (about every 2 weeks, at night, no less) so the fire hazard is merely "high" as opposed to the "super triple extremely high, no really. it's that high" rating we normally see on these islands. This means no restrictions except for beach and slash pile fires (and industrial logging, which I am not wont to do anyway). For us, this means we've been able to build things like decks on some bluffs and cut some new paths through the forest on the property. Heaven.

You? How is the busy season going?

BTW, if you haven't already, you should play the Fate of Atlantis DLC for AC Odyssey. Very fun stuff.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Forgive me, Robin - I... I can't do one word. I just can't.

I was at a crossroads in my vaping - crappy pen mods with leaky clearomizers and mechs with leaky frustrating kayfuns. I'd heard "REO" as the mod that put an end to many, many a debate about the best gear in threads here (ECF), so I got interested.

First thought: Squonking?!? What is this squonking?

That lead me to here, specifically, where I was blown away by a friendly, knowledgeable, and dedicated REOVille population led by a humble yet strangely charismatic inventor in Rob. They, coupled with the veritable cornucopia of information in the stickies, dialed me in to the whole squonking scene right quick.

Second thought: Man, these REONaut cats REALLY dig this mod.
Third thought: Rob is a really cool guy.
Fourth thought: Ima be a REONaut. Yup, yup, yup.

So, I got into them because of this subforum. The mods and vaping method seemed sound and I was so ready for something to get me out of my current gear frustration, but I'd heard all that before, only to be largely unimpressed. It was the people that made this feel different.

Several dozen REO's later, I think I like them.

Why? Frankly, it's visceral - the gestalt of many factors, not just the sum of them - but here's a list:
* Effective method of vaping (squonkito ergo sum is my credo)
* Nigh indestructible, and 95% repairable if injured
* Personalizable (mix and match finishes and styles, aftermarket bling, DIY modding - heck, so endearing is this aspect of the platform that people name their REO's [guilty as charged, sir]))

Okay, okay... tl;dr: then - squonk-curiousity, now - reliability
Bravo and well said (even if you did break the rules...hahaha).
I had completely forgotten about the Kayfun days. I checked on a couple of my bookmarks and low and behold there they were! One thread contained helpful info from @ENAUD and @TraderX.
So I’m gonna double dip here:
Reoville
Reonauts.
Hope all are having a good summer. Been super busy here as we are a tourist destination. Any and all business is appreciated as our little mecca continues to dig out from our winter flooding. Yet, yay for the rain and a tad decrease in fire danger. Fingers crossed for you @Papa_Lazarou and the west coast in general!
Had a delightful customer from Vermont yesterday @Sloth Tonight and thought of you! Hope you are busy and getting some fun moments in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread