The Return of Boba's Bounty and Gorilla Juice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookie1

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
Lancaster, CA
www.avejuice.com
Howdy All!

We are very happy to announce that we are finally able to say that we have Boba's and Gorilla's are back. As many know, these flavors were lost to us some time ago and we have continually worked to get these liquids back. We had a pair of flavors that were very similar, Flavor 39 and Simian Slam, but not the originals hence why we did not use the names Boba and Gorilla.

However, we were able to recreate them and are excited to bring them back to the storefront. Thank you everyone for your patience and sorry for the long wait. We wanted to make sure we had the original back before we put the name on it.

Note to wholesalers: these liquids will NOT be available for wholesale purchase until we make sure we can handle those types of orders. Our main focus is our retail customers and once we have had a period of time to adjust we will offer these products for bulk purchasing again. Thank you.

Best,

Sam

Manager

Alien Visions E-Juice Inc.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Very cool. I just ordered 200ml. It's been years since I've had Boba's Bounty, so it will be hard for me to tell if the flavor is just the same as before.

Strangely, I just got done experimenting with a French flavor concentrate named "Boba's" (which is supposed to replicate the flavor of Boba's Bounty). It did not even come close to the flavor of Boba's Bounty I so fondly remember from years before. Then a week or two later I see this announcement. What an amazing and happy coincidence!

I wish you made this announcement about 6 weeks ago though, as it would have saved me the dough I wasted on that French crap. I did learn I actually like vaping unflavored juice sometimes, so not a total loss.

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
The new formula is great. It has the same flavor as the original version 1 stuff (the days of the frantic F5 at 2am before they ran out of stock version) and not the raisin flavor stuff. I do have to mention there is 1 difference in that the new stuff is not as viscous (not as thick) as the original pre 2014 formula. It is great for wicking but it does result in a flavor profile that is more pronounced. I would say it has a similar viscousity of a 70vg/30pg mix. The original Boba's Bounty to me always had a very subtle flavor that took steeping time to develop. I suspect if I mix the current offering with VG in a 3 parts BB and 1 part VG ratio that it will be exactly like the original version.

Let me know what you guys think.

Happy Vaping All!

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
So just ordered 100ml. It will be interesting to see if it's very close. Started vaping bobas in 2012 when I seen it being sold on a site that made my fav juice at the time "clouds of vapors" butterscotch...unfortunately COV went out of business, so both bobas and COV butterscotch was lost after sometime. I remember the last bottle of bobas I bought a couple few years ago, it was awful and had to complain about it. They said there was something wrong and they reimbursed me my money. Sometime after that I heard about flavor 39 and decided to try, when I did, it tasted like that last bottle of bobas which imo was nasty, so I gave up on any hope to ever vape BB again....oh until nowww! !!! I hope this new version is very close...

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
So just ordered 100ml. It will be interesting to see if it's very close. Started vaping bobas in 2012 when I seen it being sold on a site that made my fav juice at the time "clouds of vapors" butterscotch...unfortunately COV went out of business, so both bobas and COV butterscotch was lost after sometime. I remember the last bottle of bobas I bought a couple few years ago, it was awful and had to complain about it. They said there was something wrong and they reimbursed me my money. Sometime after that I heard about flavor 39 and decided to try, when I did, it tasted like that last bottle of bobas which imo was nasty, so I gave up on any hope to ever vape BB again....oh until nowww! !!! I hope this new version is very close...

I got my first taste of BB and GJ from COV as well. My wife argued that she remembered it being a bit darker but the flavor seems spot on. Found this photo today and i think the wife is right.
COV_GJ.jpg

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I got my first taste of BB and GJ from COV as well. My wife argued that she remembered it being a bit darker but the flavor seems spot on. Found this photo today and i think the wife is right. View attachment 719105
Omg, that bottle brings back memories! !! So that's an old photo, right? So the new stuff is alot lighter then the color in pic? That color looks right, but I also remember BB got even darker after a while....the very first bottle I bought of BB I bought from COV , I didn't really like tbh, so I put it away and never tried it again for well over a year when I gave it another chance, this time it was completely different because I loved it. I guess it was the steeping and just my vape tastes started to change, but from then on, it was my fav.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

crammit442

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alabama
My "new" Boba's started out fairly clear like I remember it. After a week or so, the nicotine is oxidizing and it's steeping and has ambered noticeably. The warmer, darker flavor notes i remember are starting to come in nicely too. All of my DIY's start light and darken w/age as well. I normally mix at 36 mg and the Boba's is 24. The higher the nic content, the darker it will get as it oxidizes.
Charles

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
FDB1709F-8AFD-4ABD-AB7D-CA81EEC21479.jpeg
Just got it in! I loaded it up in the setup I vaped HUNDREDS upon HUNDREDS of mls of the original through so I know EXACTLY what it tastes like. A Provari with an IBTanked with a double punched carto!

It’s HEAVEN!! Its just as I remembered it!!

OMG I’ve missed you so much!!!!

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
The new formula is great. It has the same flavor as the original version 1 stuff (the days of the frantic F5 at 2am before they ran out of stock version) and not the raisin flavor stuff. I do have to mention there is 1 difference in that the new stuff is not as viscous (not as thick) as the original pre 2014 formula. It is great for wicking but it does result in a flavor profile that is more pronounced. I would say it has a similar viscousity of a 70vg/30pg mix. The original Boba's Bounty to me always had a very subtle flavor that took steeping time to develop. I suspect if I mix the current offering with VG in a 3 parts BB and 1 part VG ratio that it will be exactly like the original version.

Let me know what you guys think.

Happy Vaping All!
I don't know. It seems to be just as thick as it used to be (that I remember).

I'm hoping that after a little aging the "raisiny" flavor comes back. That was one of my favorite notes. I can tell it's definitely there in the background but not as pronounced. That "Graham Crackery - Raisiny" flavor is what made Boba's SOOOO addicting for me!

Reactions: BentWookie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread