Not open for further replies.

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
Hi guys,

Just a quick status update to everyone asking -- I'm quoting an e-mail reply I sent a couple days ago, which has already been posted on the Pit:

"We ve got a few hundreds of Rollers / Dingoes + switches waiting for just 3 tiny pieces to be plated.
Had some trouble with the plating process that came up during quality control, so we must re-plate, unfortunately.
We think we'll be ready by the end of next week, again I'm really sorry for the delay -- sometimes I wish we could control all steps of the production ourselves."

My apologies for the delay to everyone waiting eagerly for their updates. A while ago we decided to plate the switch components in order to get rid of the need for frequent cleaning, but this is not a process that can be carried out in-house. The plating process itself depends on the geometry and size of the parts used, which has complicated things a bit for us. The large number of parts to be plated is also a reason for the delay.

Here's a recent pic of the new components -- unplated:

Hex.jpg

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
Can I simply order from site when they are ready or can I pre order now.

Hey Mattk,

I think I've posted this elsewhere a while ago: At this time, we don't accept pre-orders because we don't have the right infrastructure to handle this legally. Pre-ordering means that you get an item reserved for you, but payment actually takes place right before shipment - this important detail makes the whole transaction legal.

Some shops / manufacturers that cannot handle pre-orders choose to follow the route of pre-payment, so basically they produce items after they have received full payment for them. For retail items, this is an illegal practice and it is not allowed by most online payment gateways.

So, the next possible way to handle this is via lists / notifications, which is what we are doing -- although we don't have a back-in-stock notifications system, we handle this manually. Just send an e-mail to shop [at] atmizoo.com and when we're ready, we'll notify you about the date/time of availability.

Mindtroverted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Just send an e-mail to shop [at] atmizoo.com and when we're ready, we'll notify you about the date/time of availability.

I was wondering about this. Thank you so much for the information. That was very informative, detailed and useful. I also prefer this kind of treatment where everyone who is interested enough to spend the time can contact you and find out exactly when your items will be on sale. This provides equal chance to everyone without giving direct or indirect reinforcement to the fanboy/fangirl mentality which is so prevalent nowadays when it comes to many limited and highly sought-after mods. You have grown considerably as a manufacturer in my eyes with this post

OK, lets be fair,The review is indeed very interesting to read and take into consideration but my main point is Apart from very precise mechanism and sharp review,Any normal person would think that what is benefit he would gaining from this which is far more logical and reasonable so that he/she can switch into this one....???

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
OK, lets be fair,The review is indeed very interesting to read and take into consideration but my main point is Apart from very precise mechanism and sharp review,Any normal person would think that what is benefit he would gaining from this which is far more logical and reasonable so that he/she can switch into this one....???
I'm not normal, but I'll try to answer your question anyway. :)
* adjustable 510 connection, allows one to adjust the connection on the mod instead of having to adjust the center post on their RBA.
* Lifetime warranty on all machined parts, 2 year warranty on other parts such as delrin washer or whatever
* adjustable battery case, can take 18350's on up to 18650, which makes it easy to change to whatever battery is charged, or to transform it into a stealth mod from an all day mod by just switching out the battery. The 18500 battery will leave room for a Kick too, if that's a preference.
* The metal is beautiful and isn't a fingerprint magnet. It's also not "slippery".
* The weight, grip, and sizes are perfect for me, and many others.
* The BUTTON!! OMG!! This is the best button ever. It's more comfortable than a flat keyboard key.
* All mechanical, no wires, easy to repair, easy to clean, easy to last for a lifetime.
* Great customer service!! They visit many forums, answering many questions, and even have a FB page, to keep everyone in the loop.
* Updates are free when it's performance updates. They go above and beyond.

and so much more.
If this isn't what you meant, my apologies to you, but not to me because I still love my Roller and happily disclose that fact. :)

Beaver

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Ontario
On Friday, November 23, at 22:00 GMT, a small flock of Rollers and a pack of Dingos will appear at www.atmizoo.com.

In order to process the incoming orders as fast as possible, and in an effort to make the opportunities equal for everyone, we have decided to split the new batch of Rollers and Dingos in small groups, and distribute their availability over multiple dates.

The second group of Rollers / Dingos will land on Monday, November 26, at 20:00 GMT, with the next one following closely.

Till tomorrow, then!

Regards,
Team Atmizone

joe2web

Verified Member
Jan 18, 2012
Europe
Hi Manos and Beaver!!

I'm really disappointed, because you have a professional webshop, everyhing there is professional updated, but, when anyone would purchase some stuff, about many, many WEEKS and MONTHS, every complete battery mod - correct me if I believe wrong this is your most important article there - is out of stock.

On one lovely day - again after many delays you cause but don't excuse every time - you sent a message, that at day X or day Y at special time you generously spent some 'bones' for the horde, and everyone who has no time on this special deadline, must wait again several weeks because he was too slow in your specially race...!!

I'm a patiently guy, buying GG stuff for a while, with all positive and negative points, but, don't criticized GG and other sellers/producers, if they purchase with presale, because this system is currently 10.000 points more customer friendly than your sell-system

I really want ONE ROLLER SS-P, and this already about several weeks, and I DON't want to wait for ordering, I'm really want to pay the money for it, and then I would wait calmly until the stuff comes.

This is my way of purchasing, please tell me, why I can't do so.

Sorry about my angry posting, but I don't want to have great 'second sold out Greek seller'..

Joe

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
Hi Manos and Beaver!!

I'm really disappointed, because you have a professional webshop, everyhing there is professional updated, but, when anyone would purchase some stuff, about many, many WEEKS and MONTHS, every complete battery mod - correct me if I believe wrong this is your most important article there - is out of stock.

On one lovely day - again after many delays you cause but don't excuse every time - you sent a message, that at day X or day Y at special time you generously spent some 'bones' for the horde, and everyone who has no time on this special deadline, must wait again several weeks because he was too slow in your specially race...!!

I'm a patiently guy, buying GG stuff for a while, with all positive and negative points, but, don't criticized GG and other sellers/producers, if they purchase with presale, because this system is currently 10.000 points more customer friendly than your sell-system

I really want ONE ROLLER SS-P, and this already about several weeks, and I DON't want to wait for ordering, I'm really want to pay the money for it, and then I would wait calmly until the stuff comes.

Sorry about my angry posting, but I don't want to have great 'second sold out Greek seller'..

Joe

Hi Joe,

Your criticism is a very reasonable one - however, there's a very important factor that you are leaving out: demand vs. supply.

I wish there was a better way to handle this, but the demand is much higher than the supply at the moment, since we are not mass-producing. So right now, the most fair thing to do is to publicly announce the availability dates/times, in order to give everyone equal opportunity.

The same thing happens even with mass-produced items whenever the demand is higher than the supply - if you've seen the queues for some new PS/Xbox titles or iPhones, then you know what I mean.

Mindtroverted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
I wish there was a better way to handle this, but the demand is much higher than the supply at the moment, since we are not mass-producing

Everyone demanding that The Roller be more readily available, please read and think about this sentence carefully. If you want production to meet a rising demand you would have to turn to mass-production. The reason why the quality of The Roller is on the level that it is, is exactly because the manufacturer has not turned to mass-production. Consider the products made in China. They are the very embodiment of what mass-production is all about: quantity and bucks. No shred of work ethics or product quality. If you really want The Roller to be produced by adhering to these kinds of principles, don't expect it to be the product that it currently is. Careful what you wish...

the ob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Portlandia
Hi Manos and Beaver!!

Joe

admittedly, I do not understand all of what you are saying here, but I think I get the basic premise.

I have to say, I think you are being a little harsh on them. They have updated frequently and like other devices on here, you have to pay attention in order to get one. Their customer service is excellent from what I have experienced and they have gone to great effort to keep in touch, both on the forums, on their site and through email.

Keep reading, relax and I promise you will get one of these great devices at some point. :)

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
gold plated or rhodium plated and I am in!

Gold plated contacts should only be used in dry (low-power) circuits. If gold is used in an application where an arc is expected during contact opening-closure, the gold will eventually melt off of the contacts and the base material will be exposed quickly.

Silver tarnishes but it's an excellent conductor and the oxide layer on silver contacts is removed easily with arcing and friction. Most industrial contacts in relays and make-break switches were arcing occurs are plated with a thick layer of silver.

Rhodium does not tarnish and it's still a very good conductor. It's much more durable compared to gold / silver but it has some limitations, depending on the electroplating process used.

Mindtroverted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Rhodium does not tarnish and it's still a very good conductor. It's much more durable compared to gold / silver but it has some limitations, depending on the electroplating process used.

I'd like to hear more about these limitations since I have bought a device which has rhodium plated contacts and the manufacturer claims it is the best option. I have my doubts but I lack the expertise to question his claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread