The spring mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.

I was always trying to find ways (cheapest and not complicated) to have the maximum of the fiber filling in my carts.
The filling of the fresh empty carts is always fluffy and more enjoyable in the beginning. After a few hours of drip smoking the filling is getting more and more stiffer and does not always make good contact with the atomizer, so I have come up with a simple mod to use a spring from a pen to get good atomizer contact and to warm up the most of the fiber filling to get more vapor.

1. First you will need is a spring from an ordinary pen

2. Put it in the cart, all the way down to measure where you are going to make the cut.

3. Clip the spring until is has the exact same height of the cart container.
Please note that the spring must be inserter with the cut part downwards so it does not get stuck in the atomizer.

4. Wrap the fiber filling around the spring (don’t worry about the middle it will close by the filling during this procedure)

5. Place it inside the cart. Any excess filling can be trimmed with a scissor.

So now it’s ready for dripping, the filling will be always fluffy and will make good contact with the atomizer. The spring will also heat up so that it will produce more vapor.
I have been using my moded carts this for a few weeks now and encountered no problems.
I hope that I gave you some ideas.

Attachments

• DSC00283-99.jpg
    DSC00283-99.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 1,014
  • DSC00284-99.jpg
    DSC00284-99.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,031
  • DSC00287-99.jpg
    DSC00287-99.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,074
  • DSC00288-99.jpg
    DSC00288-99.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,085
  • DSC00291-99.jpg
    DSC00291-99.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,286

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
I like the concept, but I'd be concerned with how much pressure is being placed on the atomizer bridge. Might this not place some extra pressure on the bridge and cause shortened physical life span?

Vapster, as long as you are keeping your cartridges properly moistened/filled, you shouldn't have to worry about wadding getting stuck to the atomizer and creating a burnt taste. But yes, if you allow your cart to run dry, then I think your concern has some merit.

I have a question... would it be easier to pull the the fiber out and use the spring like a screw and screw it in through the back side, leaving a little of the spring sticking out. That way it always has a little bit of tension on the bridge making it wick better. I'm no expert just a thought. I would like to know if that would work any better?
Thanks
Carlos

ferv0r

Apr 12, 2009
I chopped off about 1/2 inch from the length of the filler (801 cartridge) and screwed the spring into the filler, leaving about 1/2 inch of the spring jutting out.

I stuck the filler into the cartridge, spring side first. That leaves a big open space at the bottom of the cartridge.

The open space at the bottom holds a lot of juice and it doesn't leak out because there is still a lot of fiber in the cartridge. Gravity and the wicking action keeps the filler moist. I use a syringe to fill my cartridges, so it's easy to fill it completely.

I've only been doing this for a day now, so don't know if there will be any long term problems, but for now, it's great.

sattec

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
mcallen texas
ok, I did the mod. I left my cart the same size (801), stretched the spring out to the size I want (about a 16th sticking above cart top, wrapped the filler around the end of the spring that would be near the atty (the last quarter inch or so), sorta made a plunger thingy, which left a huge reserve pit below the filler for juice.
Using the spring lets my filler fit tighter and not fall out plus wicks good to the atty. the spring actually get hot, which is good IMO....this is a very good mod so far...vape and flavor are excellent....ss spring....:thumb:

edit: the wick fell out and stuck to the atty so I wrapped another filler around the spring giving me about 3/4 of the spring wrapped in filler, then I dripped 5 drops of juice into the empty cart, added the spring wrapped in filler and away we go! After I added the five drops, I added 10 more drops to the filler material for a total of 15 drops in one cart! so far it doing very good..I'll do more carts this way for sure. but I have to remove the spring, drop in 5 or 6 drops first then the filler, to reload it. Excellent flavor........this could be my best vape ever....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread