The spring mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

framitz

Moved On
May 24, 2009
RSM, CA
this is a great mod, mod of the year..... IMO :D
I guess the trade off is a 25% reduction in juice capacity?
1.1ml ,20 drops or more depending on the juice and dropper VS 15 drops in a pen style (801 / 112).

I'll stick to a home stuffed cart with a straw mod or a stock blank and keep the maximum load of 1.1 ml.

If the spring is stainless steel it's probably not doing much since stainless is a poor heat conductor. That's why straight stainless cookware is terrible unless it's copper or aluminum clad so heat conducts evenly.

Last edited:

sattec

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
mcallen texas
actually the first filler piece had some drops already in it...it prolly does hold 20 drops dry...
my spring is hot,not warm, especially near the atty...I'm seeing great flow and long lasting on juice = more hits per reload....I still think it's a great mod.....plus my filler doesn't slide down onto the atty, I've had my vent tube slide down when I'm very active, no vent tube now. i've had a filler stick to the atty and stay there when I pulled the cart out...this seems to prevent that..

Last edited:

sattec

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
mcallen texas
still "springing" it, it works for the 801 cart very well, imo. I thread a filler up thru the inside of the spring then wrap two fillers around the spring near the hot end...so the last half of spring is wrapped in filler....plenty of wicking going on for me! Plus my wick doesn't stick to the atty!...the spring is touching the atty, transferring heat up into the filler....

RenaissancePuffer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Gonna give this one a go. The spring from the pen I chose is slightly larger than the one in the pic (I think), and it fits down in my 801 cart pretty good, perhaps 1mm from the top of the cart. Wrapped the polyester batting around it, but didn't see any filling in the middle of the spring (I was thinking this may be a good thing?).

Either way, I tried it that way and it seemed to work fine, then I thought it may help wicking a little more to stuff a small stripe of polyester down in the middle of the spring. Going to see how much juice I can get out of this cart. Even with the straw mod I was finding the bottom part of my cart still saturated. Goal here is not perfection, but improvement :)

TheLizinator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
I have some old leftover packs of Eclipse (the >cough< healthier cig). The filters are short, dense and have this nifty hole up the center. I stuff them in my 510 carts and have been getting a huge throat hit, lots of vapor and they absorb tons of juice.

I realize nobody wants to have to buy cigarettes to make their e-cig work, but they are a great design to work with my 510.

Ok Teabag are very nice. They will keep alot of you jucie tho if you do not do this mod right. For Me the Best way on the teabag mod for the 510 is make your roll but do not fold to 2 pecies. just one then cut then put on more roll in side of the 1st one this is like haveing holes on the side of the teabag rolls. I am haven VERY good luck with it like this. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread