The Squonkmate v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giraut

Moved On
Dec 6, 2013
Okay, so I've improved on my first Squonkmate prototype. This one work much, much better. I mean it delivers juice just as well as the first one, but it's a lot easier to handle and less messy. And it's SUPER easy to refill.

Check it out on this video:

The pump is a Flo refillable perfume atomizer, that holds 10 ml of liquid, and can be refilled from the bottom. I've simply removed the original atomizer head and connected the pump directly to the silicon hose. It's actuated by pushing on an empty juice bottle sitting on top. The whole thing - perfume bottle, homemade button and mod - are housed in a PVC pipe.

As for the atty, I made a custom bell for a Smok Mini RDA that's a little higher, so there's space for a piece of brass tubing passing through it, to deliver juice right on the wick.

Although the thing with my eVic in it is a bit of a whopper, it works fantastically well, and is a joy to handle. Very solid and very easy to use.

Here are some photos:

1-Squonkmate_v2eVic_zps4f4fea05.jpg

2-Squonkmate_v2_custom_atomizer_bell_for_Smok_Mini_RDA_zps09c77062.jpg

3-Squonkmate_v2_pump_finger_hole_zps65e1502c.jpg

4-squonkmate_v2_refill_cap1_zps83934602.jpg

5-squonkmate_v2_refill_cap2_zpsc0f6659f.jpg

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I think you are quite creative. I have a list of favorite quotes. This is meant to be taken as a compliments so please don't take it the wrong way.

"Only those who attempt the absurd....will achieve the impossible". M.C. Escher dutch graphic artist

I think it is a wonderful quote and the reason there are things made everyday that help people. Keep going. I congratulate you. :)

Giraut

Moved On
Dec 6, 2013
I've discovered something: juice oxidizes brass. I took a puff today and this awful copper taste came out of the atty. Yuck!

So I pressed the injector head from my first Squonkmate back into service. And since I was at it, I drilled a second hole for a second injector:

6-Squonkmate_v2-dual_injector_head_zpsd50abf41.jpg

Right now, the second injector is unused. The second silicone feed line is just there to keep the atty from keeling over to the side with the pull of the first one, and it's blocked off with a nail head. But I plan on installing a second pump under the first one, and connecting it to the second injector. That way I'll have two flavors to choose from :)

Giraut

Moved On
Dec 6, 2013
Viva la top feeder! You could swap out the brass tube with a piece of syringe needle from the chemist's. With a set of diamond needle files you can cut it and add the hole.

Well, I have 3 mm stainless steel tubing somewhere - which is the diameter of the brass tube. Kind of bigger than a needle :)

But the truth is, the custom atomizer bell solution turns out to be slightly underwhelming. The juice feed is great, but it's custom, meaning it fits only one type of atomizer base. Also, It means I have to have the original bell around if I want to pull my eVic out of the Squonkmate and convert it back to a regular dripping mod.

I wanted to go back to my first idea of a 510 drip tip "bypass". That way, when I want to make my eVic normal again, I disconnect the drip tip, disconnect the injector head, pull the eVic out of the PVC pipe, and reconnect the drip tip to the bell. Quick and easy, and there's nothing to lose. The downside is, the vape is colder because of the extra metal stuff the vapor has to work its way around of to exit the atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread