The Switch To Cartomizers...

Do you use cartomizers exclusively

• I use them all the time, they have totally replaced 3 piece vaping for me

• I use them most of the time, but need a little something extra now and then

• I only use them for traveling/nights out, they cannot replace carts/dripping/etc

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpetva

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Virginia
I use them most of the time now on my Protege (works great with the adapter from AltSmoke | Personal Vaporizer | 510, 801, and 901 Adapters ) & I refill the carts.
I have quite a few 801s, 901s & 510s, but love the convenience (and flavor) of the cartomizers better. I do refill each one for weeks at a time (until they die, LOL). The only problem is that cartomizers are are pretty costly in my opinion, but I am going to try to order more cartZ as I go along.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I would have to say that I might be the odd ball here... I actually started off with the cartomizers, and they were more than enough to satisfy me..... BUT I had to know what the 3pcs were about and I like them as well...

Everything I have I use,, i tend to move to the cartomizer more only because it is really easy and handy to have.... but for heavy vape a 3pc can not be left in the drawer.

blackbug

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Berkshire, UK
www.eciggypedia.com
I change my mind on a weekly basis what my favourite PV is. But they're definitely my dominant vape now. I only wish the vapour produced was a "smooth" as that from my others. The 401/901/801/510/601 that I have in rotation all produce a more pleasant vape.

But none of them offer the consistancy of the kr808d's

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
Interesting that this poll should come up today. I just gave all of my RN4072 and 510 gear to my daughter's SO yesterday.

That stuff was just laying around, unused. At home, I use cartomizers on my Silver Bullet and the BB I only received yesterday.

For work and out-and-about, I use the XL batteries mostly. I think the BB is going to work with me.

NekoGurrl

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Muskego, WI
Love the convenience and flavor of the cartomizers. But still use my 901 and 510 pretty regularly. I moded my prodigy 901 adapter so it would work with the KR, amazing at 5v but only use it with a well filled cart. And my 510 is still getting a lot of use as well. Would rate them 60% KR808 / 20% 510 / 20% 901. Still have some 801's laying around here but they are pretty dusty.

donnellyk

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Good question. I love the vape on dripping 510s, 801s or my Chuck when I can and when it will not cause undue attention... like at work or around certain stuffy people who think you look like an addict with your paraphanalia and your eliquid dripping!

I ordered the UU Vapor King kit for just that last reason and the ashamed admittance to self that sometimes it is just a pain to do all that fiddling. There's less vapor with the VK (IMO) but Im liking it's grab and go personality! The only USB passthrough I currently have is the VK, which I like at work (on their electricity) and on my laptop at home (with mine).

All in all I'd rather be dripping all my PV's but life's hectic and there's a place for each of them!!

Taryn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Florida
You need a fourth option in that poll!

I started with cartomizers because the insane amount of modding and fiddling with 510's intimidated me when I started researching. Higher vapor production is the only thing I've seen consistently mentioned as a benefit of the 510 over the KR808D-1 and I'm not displeased with the amount I get so I see no need to check around.

I thought cost might be an issue but with the ease of refilling on the cartomizers and how often you can reuse them its considerably cheaper than smoking. If you don't let yourself go crazy on all the new flavors and toys out there that is!

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
I started out w a 510 and still prefer te 510 atty to others, yet reg use a 901 and kr808d-1 cartos as well. I do find the cartos extra convenient tho. I tend to use cartos while driving long distance but love to drip my mods when Im around town or at home. My mom won a cartos kit from Puresmoker and liked it so much she now uses cartos on her Chuck I got her ;) but when vaping around others in public, she prefers the stock batt sometimes (depends on where she is) She plans on buying more CashCap cartos and will vape them while put and drip when at home to save money....I find myself doing just that as well...Havent refilled much yet but after refilling a few, found theres a learning curve to that but I learned that "swing method" and works great. Gonna use all mine up before refilling...:)

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
Still waiting on the mail man! I just placed an order for some KR808/901 adapters for my Joye510. I haven't been impressed with cartomizers in general. My one experience was that it did really deliver the nicotine and flavor, but not a lot of vapor. But the popularity is running so close to the 510 and the fans are so devoted I'm keeping an open mind. I'm still getting used to loving carts (since the ADM mod came out), so I'm going to hold off voting until I get a real test run and refill with my favorite liquids. These days I'm all about the flavor and the KR808's actually seemed to deliver that very well.

--Prof Daffy

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Still waiting on the mail man! I just placed an order for some KR808/901 adapters for my Joye510. I haven't been impressed with cartomizers in general. My one experience was that it did really deliver the nicotine and flavor, but not a lot of vapor. But the popularity is running so close to the 510 and the fans are so devoted I'm keeping an open mind. I'm still getting used to loving carts (since the ADM mod came out), so I'm going to hold off voting until I get a real test run and refill with my favorite liquids. These days I'm all about the flavor and the KR808's actually seemed to deliver that very well.

--Prof Daffy

I think the 510 and Kr808 is a nice combo to have....to satisfy all vaping needs

Deschain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
England
Still waiting on the mail man!

--Prof Daffy

Same here Prof, I gotta wait until the 8th December when the UK batch of the BB's go out (ordered some 510 to KR adaptors with mine), and I expect to wait a good 7-10 days for my cartos that I ordered from Health Cabin. :)

Really looking forward to trying these out on the two mods I've ordered and my humble 510 cells.

Taryn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Florida
Sorry Taryn, I don't think I can edit it. :oops:

If it is of any consolation your refilling trick is one of the factors that helped me decide to take the plunge with cartos...30+ drops in a non-leaky carto...Hell yes! :p

Glad I could be of help! I admit to being lazy when I'm not going out with my cartos and just dripping in about a dozen drops at a time to keep my carto topped off when sitting at the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread