Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
OK So the story goes, I really wanted to get a new mod. After two years of using the same mod, the metal plating finish is wearing off and I wanted something new. So after doing long hours of research I've decided to give the Lavatube a try.

I don't have the LT yet but my AW 18650 batteries arrived today (I ordered the mod by itself, not as a kit).

One of my main concerns was the batteries not being protected. And after doing more research I ordered an Ultrafire WF-188 Charger. It's supposed to be a smart charger that will not overcharge the batteries.

But the charger is still in the mail as well. So what I have is these batteries, a cheap charger and a multimeter.

I tested the batteries with the multimeter and the highest reading was 3.88, and the lowest on another battery was around 3.6

I put one of the batteries in my cheap charger and I plan on testing the battery voltage every half hour with the multimeter. I'm charging the battery next to me as I type and I'm keeping a close eye on it.

I have no idea if the charger would eventually overcharge the battery or not. But if the volts test higher than 4.2 volts then I guess thats the end of the test. And I will wait for my other charger.

I wonder if the charger will tell me if the charge is done. We will see.

Last edited:

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I guess my cheap charger works pretty well. It told me when the charge was done and the battery tested 4.21 on my multimeter. I put the battery in the charger again for 20 min longer and it still read 4.21 on the meter afterwards. So they are not being overcharged. Or perhaps I did not leave it in the charger long enough for it to be overcharged.

B.T.W. it's a two slot charger and I only charged one IMR 18650 battery on it so far.

st0nedpenguin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2010
WA
Do you mean this charger? e-lectronics.net

Yeah that's the one, I checked the site earlier planning on linking it, then I read the updates. :(

Mine takes everything to 4.15v then shuts off charging so you take a very slight drop in overall capacity but I think it's worth it for the peace of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread