EU The TPD means nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diche

Jan 23, 2015
West Yorkshire
To all those who think the TPD won't affect them, to all those think they'll be alright anyway, to all those who think "they won't do it will they", to all those who've stocked up their freezers with nicotine to last 5 years... Please read and think...

Nothing_zpstbbetsmo.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2xdhzyilrpadby/Nothing.pdf?dl=0

This image has been produced for sharing via vape shops. The link will allow you to print a high quality version to take to your local vape shop to help educate people on what the TPD really means for them.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Cotton, Rayon & Silica - no problem, Kanthal, Nickel & Nichrome are only wire so should still be available, providing you have enough rebuildable atties you will still be able to rebuild.

PG & VG dilutants will still be available - they are used in other products, same applies to flavourings. Nic base, Mods & atties might be a problem but there'll always be somewhere outside the EU - providing customs don't intercept your parcels (and I think opening everything that comes from outside Europe would be a nightmare for HMRC)

There will be problems - yes I agree - but hopefully they can be overcome.

Obviously the ones that build their own coils and make their own liquid chances are it would be confiscated by the authorities if spotted using in outdoor places. So no one is really safe really. It does feel like vapers are on the verge of excinction just like the dinosaurs thousands of years ago.

Just today i read something on Facebook saying they trying to get a total ban in Chine stopping sales of vaping equipment, even a ban on manufacturing all together. I mean the TPD doesn't sound bad compared to this BUT, it is a global war to eradicate vaping and our days look numbered to say the least.

Lemwise

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Joure
Obviously the ones that build their own coils and make their own liquid chances are it would be confiscated by the authorities if spotted using in outdoor places.
The gear you have right now will not be illegal in the future, at least not in the EU. No one is going to confiscate it.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I have lots of kit and I'm still stocking up, and about 10 years of nicotine in the freezer.
It may seem defeatist, but with the amount of political clout and money behind the TPD, it's going to happen. Also further follow-up legislation may make the situation much worse. Peoples health and freedom of choice are not even a consideration.
I think that the supply lines from China may stay open though they may have to adapt their labeling of the devices they ship. I just started thinking about what has to be on the customs declaration. I have never checked the packaging on my Fasttek orders I'm always too keen to get to the goodies inside. Because if the contents have to be declared that would make it very easy for customs to intercept vape related material.

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
So, the EU is trying to erradicate vaping from Europe? Good luck with that.

Sure, there will be problems. Many new vapers will have trouble just to start vaping, unless they know someone who knows the field.
Yes, our ready-made devices *may* get caught in Customs. But what about aluminium boxes, batteries, battery holders, wire, switches, mosfets, even electronic shipsets... are those going to be banned too? I doubt it. Those things have been around before vaping, and already had other uses by then.

What those people have yet to understand is that the first MODS were MODified from flashlights. No amount of regulations and criminal laws has been able to stop the illicit use of guns in Europe. And yet, they believe they can "ban" something that can be crafted from things bought at the nearest hobbyist/electrical shop? Something that people are doing not to harm *others*, but instead to protect *themselves*? :facepalm:

PG/VG can be bought at the pharmacy. Flavourings are not going anywhere. Nic base? With more powered devices, people are using 3 mg/ml e-liquid already. ONE single bottle of 36mg liquid that goes thru Customs (are they going to check EVERY little parcel?) will last for quite some time. And we have been hearing right on this forum of people making nicotine/ tobacco flavouring extracts from tobacco leaves. Are they going to ban tobacco as well? :lol:

If I buy a bag of tobacco, that tobacco belongs to ME (And I have already paid the excise taxes our Govt's want so much). Can anyone force me to SMOKE that tobacco? Will I be forbidden from chewing it, for example, as an harm reduction strategy? No.
So, here's the thing: If I cannot be forbidden from chewing that tobacco, where is the logic in trying to forbid me from using those leaves, mixed with *legal* and readily available PG to create a tobacco extract?

"Yes, but what about tanks and drippers?". Well. Have you seen the ICE (In Case of Emergency) mod thread? :)
I recall someone that left home with a bottle of liquid, kanthal and cotton, ONLY. That person used a female electrical outlet to improvise a dripper. :thumbs:
Electrical outlet ban, anyone ? :D

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
I think that the supply lines from China may stay open though they may have to adapt their labeling of the devices they ship. I just started thinking about what has to be on the customs declaration. I have never checked the packaging on my Fasttek orders I'm always too keen to get to the goodies inside. Because if the contents have to be declared that would make it very easy for customs to intercept vape related material.

That is very likely. Fasttech already has flashlight tubes with an optional 510 connection. That said, the stuff I get from Fasttech never goes through customs but comes straight to me. I keep my packages under €50 so no customs duties are due... if there's no money coming in they're not going to bother opening the package. Also, even though I never ask for it, Fasstech always declares my packages as gifts.

You know, we have been thinking of the Big Tobacco and Big Pharma lobbies but I think this whole crusade again e-cigs may have come about because most of it comes from China. It is looking more and more like a world trade war and we poor vapers are piggy in the middle.

Lemwise

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Joure
China has nothing to do with it. The thing is government officials and people at health organisations have been fighting against smoking for decades. The just can't stand the fact we found a better alternative, it gets their blood boiling. They actually think they have the right to dictate people if they can smoke/vape or not. This is mostly about petty people stomping their feet like little children, because we aren't doing what they want us to do.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
I agree with jpargana.
If you live in Europe, it is a good idea to stock up on nic base and do-your-own coil atomizers.
This crap will go to court. Most defintely. The courts (in Europe) go by evidence. Hard evidence. Not "could, might, possibly and chiiildren". Period. At least in Germany.
But courts are slow. Thorough and slow.
So: stock up. Now.

Because - and I say this only once - the vapers who have stocked up will not be sharing.
And especially not with those who see the signs, read about it, and throw our warnings in the wind.
This will be a case like the ant and the grasshopper.

Beware of the winter before it comes!

edit:
@sonicbomb:
Do read the labelling on the packages ;) They are not stupid at Fasttech ;)

Last edited:

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
That is very likely. Fasttech already has flashlight tubes with an optional 510 connection. That said, the stuff I get from Fasttech never goes through customs but comes straight to me. I keep my packages under €50 so no customs duties are due... if there's no money coming in they're not going to bother opening the package. Also, even though I never ask for it, Fasstech always declares my packages as gifts.

You know, we have been thinking of the Big Tobacco and Big Pharma lobbies but I think this whole crusade again e-cigs may have come about because most of it comes from China. It is looking more and more like a world trade war and we poor vapers are piggy in the middle.

Whether you bought a single paperclip, a mod, three attys, or a turnkey railway station complete with tracks and rolling stock ... it always says 'electronic components US$ 3.95' ...

Heat a liquid till it boils...that very simple concept 's been around ever since our ancestors put a pot over a fire. Vaping is just the hi-end version of it.
'bout 72 hours after the ban the first how-to-build-a-portable-indoor-fog-machine will crop up on YT ... :)

Thats why prohition didn't work too well either back then. Fermentation is such a natural, ubiquitous process that it would be impossible to dry up the supply.

Reactions: Pictor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread