The Tree Family - Home of Glassmanoak's Tree Peeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Okay so here's how my day went yesterday, got up early to go fishing and it was raining kept raining all day finally about 4:30 I decided to go ahead and go in the rain. When I finally got on the wake I was about a mile and a half from the dock, the wind was blowing and I thought I saw some lightning and then I started hearing the tornado sirens going off so I turned around and went back to the dock, it took a long time to get back compared to what it should have but I made it back okay loaded the boat and got my truck, that's when I found out the tornado sirens was for tornado that touchdown between a quarter and a half a mile away from where I was on the lake. Cars were turned over, Burger King lost half its roof and the Wendys was damaged severely but I made it back okay. Didn't catch any fish but got home safe.

:tumble:
Wow JPF..... you need to pay more attention to the weather forecasters...(not that they really know...but still...)...That could have been a really bad day for you..... 1/4-1/2 mile isn't a lot of room to really be safe.... But I am sure happy you made it home safely......

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Howdy off of w already for the day, hope yalls is fast. Well glad you made it away JPF and since you did not know guess there is no point in my asking if you told it to go away and back into the clouds and test your inner strength?

The weather has been fun here as well, so we do not really do spring but go from winter to summer fast. And have been in the 90's like today, but last week 5 of 7 days were under freezing and Saturday we are to have rain all day and a high of 50. Is it really strange weather, or are our perceptions of weather off because of tv and movies? For example everyone would like snow for Christmas, but January and after is more likely.

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
@CountBoredom liked a few posts so was around, yeah..... I tattle tale on that part. So, and not believing it yet until later information: So today San Francisco or the bay had snow in the middle of April? Guess the weather angels are not in agreement with entertainment, well said I would wait and see if it were true. Count? You going to answer? Probably not, he has not answered my others.....

You know Count, I have everyone pretty much but you. JPF Christian as well as Katz, Blue well wiccan is the closest to saying, and more there. Pretty sure Angel goes Christian, Uncle atheist or agnostic, probably atheist, I do not get to say.

But you @CountBoredom a liker and no poster, what of you? Where do you stand on this topic? I am going to guess. and guess........ working computers makes you smart in a different way. There are five different intelligences, and you can excel in one and fail in the other four. So. Is there an intelligent being out there? Or is this all by accident as they want to say?

I know what I believe without proof and facts and well feeling like Christians would do, but you Count. What do you believe, I may need to know for the well you know...... Not that it matters, Katz is what I want her to be, maybe past or new life.

Remember I do not believe in soul cubes. one soul used again and again, the newer are just in time just starting to come out....... So Count? like but no post? On the web, no you are likely scared.

Oh again aliens real count, so something possibly older than the human race, and if religious; you absolutely believe that to be true.

Just curious, no judgement..... ooooh that was hard to say.

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Lets keep going, so @mac63 from another land, are we so different? Piracy still to this day, slavery still to this day, doing oneself off for a name or family. so do you believe that your one household is better than the rest?

I think not, not able to read minds....... but there is this world, mine and mine alone. All for the family and maybe a few close friends...... Not long ago, asked for a cup of sugar or flour and given.... not in this day of greed. Greed....... is it greed or has the current and past government made it close to not impossible to help aid others?

I am going to choose the later, as the deficit is so big that our great grandchildren could not pay it off, yes keep passing the buck and let others take it from you, or are you? Hold your tongue tiggs, hold it....... so hard.. So now two asked questions and one more than once..... Does not matter what you believe @CountBoredom or @mac63 some are here for a long time, and more than one life.

I have presumed too much, as your life is one or two.... maybe three long. So if you die you come back and then we have to do it again and again, makes sense? One long life, with another is still two long life's together. So if there are long lives, those who have lived more than one?

How do you stop it? Where do you fit? Are you both or all young or old? You have no recollection of your past? Not heritage and you know what I mean. Okay enough, maybe, and off the soap box for a while.

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Mornin all, make sure to go to Starbucks and get your free "black coffee." As they need to take the day off and learn to not be so rude..... to two non paying customers who/ did I mention not pay for a cup of coffee, so close to loitering. The employee called the two men gentlemen, and the cops came.

Not in this liberal getting destroyed land. So police come and talk to them for another 9 minutes. They wanted the key to the bathroom, hey twit buy something and you get a key. So grand standing and then how do they say it? When you try to be something your not? There is a term this day for it? A 60 70 year old white male clapping and chanting with a few other new blacks.

Because guess what if you don't pay for something, guess what again you do not get easy access to their back corridors. So a free cup of coffee from starbucks for being snowflakes and saying give me a dime for the service and stop grand standing for tv. Wait agenda again, Hogg I mean Pig is a fitting name for a shill like him. And glad Barbara Bush has passed.

I do not like that crime family who did in fact fund Hitler in WWII, easy information if you look it up. So 3 million dead, and she was a good woman. 3 million or more dead and she is to be praised. No thanks skull and bones deadly family, I and mine do not support your death and genocide. Oh so Bush jr, is painting murals and poorly, of the fallen......... I live in Texas and know something about this crime family.

Wonder still how they sleep at night? "Here is a picture of a boy I happily sent to his death for my money and greed and estate in deep Texas." Kings and Queens of America, who knew? Heck bring back the Clintons and Obamas and just keep it going for another 200 years. Wait you are all supposed to know that, so hush...... hush tiggs. silent.

Oh morning, may your day be fast and get things done. Almost done debating others it is tiring.... Oh yeah morning.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
Hi all--yes, I'm around, and yes, I read posts to keep up on everyone. And yes, I have been busy--busy with estate stuff and taxes and house and car, busy with kids and ballet and soccer, busy with out-of-town guests and friends old and new, busy with projects threatening to become overdue.

Tiggs, I believe that attempting to categorize myself and others only serves to divide. Groups and causes, beliefs, and stances all serve as philosophical ideals--like those proposed by Plato--that adherents may strive for but never attain. In so doing, however, we forget what commonalities we may share. That is not to say that there are no differences--one-size does not fit all--but we all share a single planet and each desire to succeed among forces that seem to forever conspire against us. We are all human, and, as such, have our own weaknesses and blinders to reality in some way. Perhaps it is ego that blinds us and prevents us from seeing truths to which we'd rather not admit, or perhaps it is a willful denial or a desperate desire for things to be the way we wish that precludes us from accepting or considering the ideas of others. Regardless, we all share in the systems that surround us--government, culture, religions, biology--and must learn to negotiate these things to the best of our ability. I cannot control events in which I have no part, nor can I fully judge another's action without knowing all of the details surrounding their decisions. I do not dwell on what I learn from the news--rather, I seek to use what I have learned (both from the reports of others and my own gut-reactions to those reports) to better inform myself and shape my own decisions for moving forward within the frameworks in which I find myself entwined. One thing I have learned is that distilling everything down to two sides creates an "us versus them" mentality that often overlooks details and nuances that, upon reflection, may be just as important as the general ideologies espoused by each side. I hope this at least sheds some light on the question you have asked.

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Hi all--yes, I'm around, and yes, I read posts to keep up on everyone. And yes, I have been busy--busy with estate stuff and taxes and house and car, busy with kids and ballet and soccer, busy with out-of-town guests and friends old and new, busy with projects threatening to become overdue.

Tiggs, I believe that attempting to categorize myself and others only serves to divide. Groups and causes, beliefs, and stances all serve as philosophical ideals--like those proposed by Plato--that adherents may strive for but never attain. In so doing, however, we forget what commonalities we may share. That is not to say that there are no differences--one-size does not fit all--but we all share a single planet and each desire to succeed among forces that seem to forever conspire against us. We are all human, and, as such, have our own weaknesses and blinders to reality in some way. Perhaps it is ego that blinds us and prevents us from seeing truths to which we'd rather not admit, or perhaps it is a willful denial or a desperate desire for things to be the way we wish that precludes us from accepting or considering the ideas of others. Regardless, we all share in the systems that surround us--government, culture, religions, biology--and must learn to negotiate these things to the best of our ability. I cannot control events in which I have no part, nor can I fully judge another's action without knowing all of the details surrounding their decisions. I do not dwell on what I learn from the news--rather, I seek to use what I have learned (both from the reports of others and my own gut-reactions to those reports) to better inform myself and shape my own decisions for moving forward within the frameworks in which I find myself entwined. One thing I have learned is that distilling everything down to two sides creates an "us versus them" mentality that often overlooks details and nuances that, upon reflection, may be just as important as the general ideologies espoused by each side. I hope this at least sheds some light on the question you have asked.
Tis does and very well said and finally a word and in detail, read it twice. Like I said Christian to Atheist, agnostic to Buddhist. True, words by those elders made to divide when in appearance up front make us think to bring together. Read careful and those books say wipe out all others not of your kind..... that is not love. Nor is that endurance for lack of a better word.

Live and let live as the phrase goes. Okay so here we go...... Count responded. So do you believe in the right, in the state of Califo... I can't. Would you defend your wife and children? I know the answer to this one and it is yes. Not in calif.... can't say it..... move out, in time. The next war of the states will come soon if those career poloticians keep using HOGG as a prime example. Good little hitler youth, giving up their rights and never forget that no law should be passed on the people that does not apply to the "representatives" themselves.

Makes Obamacare illegal as they do not apply to that debt non useful insurance for 4,000% more than it once cost, then again the tv makes you believe that insurance is a god given right. Not so, made up by the rich to get the poor to invest and invest back in the rich which is the gov.

Plebs, is what we are to their eyes. Cattle, less than human, and praised on TV. Your answer is good, and may it fit you well....... we can continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread