The Valyrian by Uwell - Early Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
18 months ago (give or take a few) I'd tell anyone, hands down the Crown was the tank to beat. They later had a bad batch of coils (black ring) that came after their white ring that damaged their reputation. They probably thought it was popular enough to cut corners. I stocked up on the white ones and I haven't heard anything recently bad so it seems that coil issue is resolved and many still enjoy that tank today.

Anyway, the TFV4 came a long and I went back and forth, not fully convinced to give up the Crown. Then the TFV8 came and rivaled Crown flavor and chucked clouds. I was impressed. I didn't toss out my Crown but it got back burner for a while. Then the leaking coils became a constant battle with the TFV8. I bought in total three TFV8 tanks not realizing it was the coils, but by this point it was becoming well publicized the bottom seal on the coils was the culprit.

Growing tired of the leaks I recently got the Blazer 200 by Sense. It had a slightly more muted flavor, hotter running tank to the touch, but I wouldn't say the vape inhale was warmer than the TFV8 at say 150 watts. My quick opinion is that the Sense Blazer 200 is built really really well though (excellent top fill cap) and most important, is it has a better coil seal and no leaking after 15 or so tank fulls.

Enter the Valyrian.

So far I can say flavor is on point if not even better than the TFV8 (every bit as good as my old favorite Crown 1). The air flow though is not as strong as Blazer 200 or the TFV8. The mouth piece is smaller and more restrictive. I hate to say it, but ultimately the build quality is poorer than both Sense and Smok. I'd describe the air flow closer to the TFV4? The tank isn't a slouch though, I'm at 160 watts and getting a nice cool vape. Cooler than all the above mentioned. Coil prices seem high which is a concern.

I'd say if you like the TFV8, maybe have had leaking issues and wish to experiment that both the Blazer200 and Valyrian should be tried. If you like clouds, these both won't disappoint. Now one would think to naturally try the TFV12, but I just don't trust Smok coils right now.

I'll update as I'm watching both closely for leaking and coil life is super important to. We all know the TFV coils last a long time, leaking or not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread