The VAMO battery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpackaday

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Problem --- Issue with battery with Vamo V3 Use either the flattop or button top and stick with one. I have a collection of batteries 18650 and 18350 both flat top and button top. They all worked. But over the weekend I used 3 button top bat's back to back. Now the flat tops don't work in the unit. I figure since the button top bat's are a little longer they must have slightly bent the top contact so it no longer make contact with the flat top's. Will try pull it out. But in the future I need to use one or the other????

mediocre toker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
My only comment about the "Torchy" information is that it is based on use in lighting devices, flashlights and bike lights, with the testing done under similar load conditions as found in those devices. vaping presents a whole different load profile, current up to almost four amps for maybe up to ten seconds at a time followed by a rest period of some time period. While his results are quite interesting in terms of performance at relatively light loads, they don't really apply to vaping very well. From what I have seen, batteries for vaping are generally tested at continuous loads of five amps or greater. If you check back a few pages in this thread you'll see some of the typical loads found in a Vamo and some test results using the intermittent load profile.

Angiebubs

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2013
Amery, WI
Hello..I hope this is the correct place to post my question...

I bought my Vamo VV2 from Fast Tech and it came with (Panasonic?) CRG18650CH Li-ion MH12210 batteries and Itellicharger 12. I have been using these with no issues. However, reading on ECF< I am now worried about how safe these batteries are? How do I know if they are protected? Is this battery cahrger safe? And if not, what is the best place to get safe god protected batteries? Thank you in advance!!

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
You're good with both. The batteries are unprotected, but the Vamo needs them. The Vamo has all the protection built in it. I have the same set up too and it works great.
Hello..I hope this is the correct place to post my question...

I bought my Vamo VV2 from Fast Tech and it came with (Panasonic?) CRG18650CH Li-ion MH12210 batteries and Itellicharger 12. I have been using these with no issues. However, reading on ECF< I am now worried about how safe these batteries are? How do I know if they are protected? Is this battery cahrger safe? And if not, what is the best place to get safe god protected batteries? Thank you in advance!!

sfeltch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Hanover, Pa
Ok, I seem to have a small problem. I usually run staked 18350 batteries, but I have 2 ea. Panasonic NCR18650PD 18650 3.6V 2900mAH I would like to use. I put one in and the vamos would randomly not hit at all or take a second to hit. I looked over the situation and noticed that with the stacked 18350's the batteries came out to the end of the tube and the 18650's look to be at least 5mm smaller. I am assuming there is a contact issue because of this. I have pulled and stretched the spring and its better but still random hits. Any suggestions on the best way to rectify this issue?

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
You might need a spacer to make up for the shorter size.
Ok, I seem to have a small problem. I usually run staked 18350 batteries, but I have 2 ea. Panasonic NCR18650PD 18650 3.6V 2900mAH I would like to use. I put one in and the vamos would randomly not hit at all or take a second to hit. I looked over the situation and noticed that with the stacked 18350's the batteries came out to the end of the tube and the 18650's look to be at least 5mm smaller. I am assuming there is a contact issue because of this. I have pulled and stretched the spring and its better but still random hits. Any suggestions on the best way to rectify this issue?

mediocre toker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My only comment about the "Torchy" information is that it is based on use in lighting devices, flashlights and bike lights, with the testing done under similar load conditions as found in those devices. Vaping presents a whole different load profile, current up to almost four amps for maybe up to ten seconds at a time followed by a rest period of some time period. While his results are quite interesting in terms of performance at relatively light loads, they don't really apply to vaping very well. From what I have seen, batteries for vaping are generally tested at continuous loads of five amps or greater. If you check back a few pages in this thread you'll see some of the typical loads found in a Vamo and some test results using the intermittent load profile.

Yes. I see. I had been in contact with torchy through his ebay site in order to buy some batteries for the vamo. . I was thinking of buying 2 senybor 3100mah protected 3.7v 2c (5.6A drain)+case for 12.99 and didn't really know if they where the right ones due to their extra length.He seemed to know what he was talking about and does in fact recommend efest 2600mah for the vamo quoting"The critical factor with the Vamo, and probably most other mods is not so much the capacity, but how long the battery will maintain a voltage above 3.2v. The Panasonic based batteries have a lower voltage curve than Sanyo and similar batteries. The 3100mAh and 3400mAh batteries will probably give a little longer vaping time, but at a much higher cost. In terms of vaping time/£ you would be better with Torchy brand batteries or Efest 2600mAh."
What do you think of this answer? Should i go ahead and buy the the efest 2600mah?

sfeltch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Hanover, Pa

You might need a spacer to make up for the shorter size.

Any other reason this might be happening? I tried a spacer that makes it as large as the stacked batteries. Getting the same reaction, sometime hits sometimes doesnt. Even tried another 18650.

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
Yes. I see. I had been in contact with torchy through his ebay site in order to buy some batteries for the vamo. . I was thinking of buying 2 senybor 3100mah protected 3.7v 2c (5.6A drain)+case for 12.99 and didn't really know if they where the right ones due to their extra length.He seemed to know what he was talking about and does in fact recommend efest 2600mah for the vamo quoting"The critical factor with the Vamo, and probably most other mods is not so much the capacity, but how long the battery will maintain a voltage above 3.2v. The Panasonic based batteries have a lower voltage curve than Sanyo and similar batteries. The 3100mAh and 3400mAh batteries will probably give a little longer vaping time, but at a much higher cost. In terms of vaping time/£ you would be better with Torchy brand batteries or Efest 2600mAh."
What do you think of this answer? Should i go ahead and buy the the efest 2600mah?

I wouldn't necessarily take the word of a vendor selling his wares.
He is suggesting ICR (Lithium Cobalt) batteries which have higher capacity, but aren't as safe as other batteries available.
Here's a link that explains the difference between types:

Types of Lithium-ion Batteries

There are many safe chemistry "high drain " batteries available.
You do not need protected types the Vamo has a built in protection on board.
Here's a link to a list of many that are available I posted a while back:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vamo/355592-vamo-battery-thread-57.html#post10033342

Many of the batteries in the link above are available from Fasttech.com with free worldwide shipping and can be found on other sites as well.

Hey everyone

First time vaping for over a day with my VAMO V2 and dopey me forgot to buy a charger so I just bought a charger from Amazon which will arrive Weds. I have 2 Efest batteries and the 350 is dead now and the 650 is almost dead.

Here's the charger
Amazon.com: Nitecore IntelliCharger i4 Charger - 2nd Generation - for charging 18650, 16340(RCR123), 14500, etc.: Sports & Outdoors

Was looking for batteries on Amazon but can't find any AW batteries on Amazon other than Efest . Efest
is what I'm using now . I did order some pannies from Amazon which will take over a week to arrive. Here's the link ..I hope they are legit.

Amazon.com: 4pcs Panasonic CGR18650CH 3.6 Volt Li-ion Battery 2250 mAh: Everything Else

I'm looking for more batteries so I checked out Orbtronic (mentioned in this thread )but they have nothing in stock and I mean nothing and that includes chargers.

18650 Batteries

Any suggestions for batteries for my Vamo that ship fast that are maybe located on the eastcoast near NYC ?

I screwed up not getting a charger (totally forgot) and now have to buy a pack of smokes because my batteries (2 ..18350/18650 Efest) one 350 dead and 650 almost dead from vaping for over a day.. It's a shame because I was thinking this vaping just might work and help me quit.

Thanks

You do know batteries aren't sent with more than~30% charge usually right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

xpackaday

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I had the same problem with my V3. I have several battries 650 and 350's. some flat top and some button tops. all was working well for about 3 weeks, but then I replaced 3 button tops 650 back to back.

All of a sudden none (650 - 350) flat tops would work, except the 2 - 350 stacked option. But all the button tops would work. I found that the cross bar that the battery contact is connected to had bent in a little (maybe 1/1000 of inch). I used a pair of pliers to lightly pull up on the cross bar. All is working well now, but I dod not use the button tops any longer, there just to long and cause the problem.

mediocre toker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I wouldn't necessarily take the word of a vendor selling his wares.
Which is why i posted the original question. I wanted the opinion of the forum on the batteries he was recommending, so that i didn't buy something that would overcharge or a poor quality knock off.
So are the efest 2600mah any good for the vamo then?
Just a yeah or a neigh will suffice

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
SeniorBoy - Your batteries and chargers are all good quality.

Thank you again. :) This is such a confusing subject for those of us who are new to the wild and wooly world of chargers and 18350 and 18650 bats with a given/specific Mod. Yikes! I'm all set and a happy camper. Fully charged after my morning vape and bat rotation. If your budget permits I love the XTAR VP1 charger. :)

edking66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
Southwest Pa
Which is why i posted the original question. I wanted the opinion of the forum on the batteries he was recommending, so that i didn't buy something that would overcharge or a poor quality knock off.
So are the efest 2600mah any good for the vamo then?
Just a yeah or a neigh will suffice

I have been using Efest IMR18650 2250mah for about 6 months now, I can get about a day and a half of moderate vaping from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread