Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
So the Intellicharger I2 box says it has 3 different colored lights.

I charged the Pannies that came with my Vamo/I2
It started with the lights blinking yellow.
A few hours later they stopped blinking but stayed on and yellow.
I left it like that for a couple of hours waiting for the lights to change color or turn off.
Nothing changed, just 3 solid yellow lights per side.
I checked the batteries in the Vamo and it says 4.2v but are they completely "full"?

Do the lights eventually change color or turn off?

Thanks

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
So the Intellicharger I2 box says it has 3 different colored lights.

I charged the Pannies that came with my Vamo/I2
It started with the lights blinking yellow.
A few hours later they stopped blinking but stayed on and yellow.
I left it like that for a couple of hours waiting for the lights to change color or turn off.
Nothing changed, just 3 solid yellow lights per side.
I checked the batteries in the Vamo and it says 4.2v but are they completely "full"?

Do the lights eventually change color or turn off?

Thanks

3 solid lights means the battery is fully charged.
If you have a digital multimeter it's always a good idea to know that your charger is charging properly, by checking the end voltage.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Thanks, Tritium, for all the work you put into this little project. It had to be kind of time consuming! I'll be looking at the files in detail later on my desktop which has a significantly better video system than my laptop (eye ain't what they used to be!).

I suspect (guess) that part of the increase in number of vapes provided by the stack is a result of less heat loss versus the heat generated by the single 18650. I am very surprised at the major difference in the number of cycles for the stack which seems to indicate a major gain in efficiency. Maybe that, by itself, is a good reason to stack, less heat and a significantly higher level of efficiency, rather than always being on a quest for 18650s with higher and higher current capacity.

Last edited:

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Being the cynic that I am, I'll wait until it's actually tested and the "secret" is out about what chemistry it's using to achieve that 5000mah.

I'm with you.... First... $9? Second, IMR 18650s.. I see some in the high 2000s... (2800 AW)...5000? These batteries are what you see is that you get... size matters. For the same size battery, to have a near doubling of the capacity and have it be LiMN based, that doesn't pass the sniff test. I mean, if there was a safe, reliable, 5000mah IMR 18650 battery being sold out there, everyone here would be all over it and it'd be on sites all over the place.

Gerick

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
NYC
Hey everyone

First time vaping for over a day with my VAMO V2 and dopey me forgot to buy a charger so I just bought a charger from Amazon which will arrive Weds. I have 2 Efest batteries and the 350 is dead now and the 650 is almost dead.

Here's the charger
Amazon.com: Nitecore IntelliCharger i4 Charger - 2nd Generation - for charging 18650, 16340(RCR123), 14500, etc.: Sports & Outdoors

Was looking for batteries on Amazon but can't find any AW batteries on Amazon other than Efest . Efest
is what I'm using now . I did order some pannies from Amazon which will take over a week to arrive. Here's the link ..I hope they are legit.

Amazon.com: 4pcs Panasonic CGR18650CH 3.6 Volt Li-ion Battery 2250 mAh: Everything Else

I'm looking for more batteries so I checked out Orbtronic (mentioned in this thread )but they have nothing in stock and I mean nothing and that includes chargers.

18650 Batteries

Any suggestions for batteries for my Vamo that ship fast that are maybe located on the eastcoast near NYC ?

I screwed up not getting a charger (totally forgot) and now have to buy a pack of smokes because my batteries (2 ..18350/18650 Efest) one 350 dead and 650 almost dead from vaping for over a day.. It's a shame because I was thinking this vaping just might work and help me quit.

Thanks

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I screwed up not getting a charger (totally forgot) and now have to buy a pack of smokes because my batteries (2 ..18350/18650 Efest) one 350 dead and 650 almost dead from vaping for over a day.. It's a shame because I was thinking this vaping just might work and help me quit.

Thanks

Pick up some NJOY King disposables at a convenience store. They are ridiculously expensive and are only the equivalent of 8-10 cigarettes but they come as close to anything vape related to simulating smoking. They come in nicotine levels of 30 mg. and 45 mg so, if you go that route, be careful that you don't get nic sick.

+1 for RTD for batteries. Also, Avid Vaper is in New York and has AW batteries. They have always shipped ASAP for me. If you like dripping try their Cisco spec bridgeless atties—a little pricier than some but I think the performance is a good value.

Gerick

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
NYC

Pick up some NJOY King disposables at a convenience store. They are ridiculously expensive and are only the equivalent of 8-10 cigarettes but they come as close to anything vape related to simulating smoking. They come in nicotine levels of 30 mg. and 45 mg so, if you go that route, be careful that you don't get nic sick.

+1 for RTD for batteries. Also, Avid Vaper is in New York and has AW batteries. They have always shipped ASAP for me. If you like dripping try their Cisco spec bridgeless atties—a little pricier than some but I think the performance is a good value.

I've seen many different kinds of ecigs in super markets. Maybe get a few of them to hold you over.

Thanks for the links guys. ..will make a purchase for some batteries !

Also, it never dawned on me to buy a ecig from a super market . I never tried them ,I just
dove right in and bought the Vamo but will be buying them to hold me over now that you guys mentioned it.

Thanks again for the help...appreciate it :)

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Thanks for the help in this thread. I would be very grateful if you could please confirm that I have ordered the correct and high quality batteries and charger for my soon to arrive Vamo 3 I appolagize in advance for asking but I'm getting punchy trying to figure this out:

18350 from:

AW IMR 18350 LiMN Rechargeable Lithium Battery - Avid Vaper

18650 from:

AW IMR 18650 LiMN Rechargeable Lithium Battery - Avid Vaper

XTAR VP1 Battery Charger from:

XTAR VP1 Battery Charger - Avid Vaper

BU charger from Amazon - Nitecore IntelliCharger i4 Charger see:

Amazon.com: Nitecore IntelliCharger i4 Charger - 2nd Generation - for charging 18650, 16340(RCR123), 14500, etc.: Sports & Outdoors

Thanks in advance for all your help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread