RDA The Velocity RDA™ from AvidVaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
2lxe4j7.jpg

I just bought this rda. I hope its not that bad. All I wanted was a simple build deck with some okay flavor... Love the build deck.

cheeseofvapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
id like to update my experience with this rda:

so far ive had it for a few days and used it all day. the DT is easier to take on/off with practice. it takes a few seconds to scope the coils for a re-drip w/o having to uncap (leads to leaks). my initial issue was having to uncap the entire cap to re-drip.

i also had an issue with the larger chamber loosing the flavor but by building coils up higher, the chamber is "reduced" and coils get hit with air towards the underside. i get a slight increase in flavor. i dont use the indirect air holes much but if i want an airy pull i can easily adjust that.

what i like about it the most is the ease of clean centered builds and adjusting air flow on the fly. i have other rda's that i enjoy the the afc is hard to adjust (thundercloud) or it leaks juice (origen). the easiest to adjust is the vector.

i am currently using the velocity in temp mode (dual ni200 28g 10 wrap 3mm ID, 0.77 ohms @ 40J 450F) and flavor is awesome. vaping Poet's "Torte De Arnicia"

Last edited:

RiceBurner95

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2014
Leeds, AL
You mean copies... Right?!?
Yeah, so? I guess Avid and other "authentic" makers use some sort of magic pixie dust to make atomizers, so they can't be replicated... Right?!? It's some machined metal. As long as the machining is done well and the designed is copied right, a clone will work as well and exactly the same as what was copied. In this case, Tobeco did a very fine job.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Yeah, so? I guess Avid and other "authentic" makers use some sort of magic pixie dust to make atomizers, so they can't be replicated... Right?!? It's some machined metal. As long as the machining is done well and the designed is copied right, a clone will work as well and exactly the same as what was copied. In this case, Tobeco did a very fine job.
Your Opinion... Not Mine!!!

Reactions: ph0kused

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA

No "magic pixie dust" that I know of ;) My take (experience) has been the machining (tolerances), quality of metals used, PEEK versus delrin and orings are the major differences in clones. While it doesn't seem like much, it definitely can affect the overall experience. Does that mean all clones suck? Nope. It just means they might leak a little more, take several extra baths to remove the terrible oil taste, or not be able to perform at lower ohms.

Reactions: ph0kused

RiceBurner95

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2014
Leeds, AL
No "magic pixie dust" that I know of ;) My take (experience) has been the machining (tolerances), quality of metals used, PEEK versus delrin and orings are the major differences in clones. While it doesn't seem like much, it definitely can affect the overall experience. Does that mean all clones suck? Nope. It just means they might leak a little more, take several extra baths to remove the terrible oil taste, or not be able to perform at lower ohms.
All true. As I've been trying to say, the Tobeco Velocity is the best clone I've used. But saying it's a good clone is wrong, according to Astro. All clones are crap, and any word otherwise is wrong. Apparently the fact that a perfect 1:1 clone is just as good, is just an opinion... Two different companies are capable of making the exact same item, as happens with tens of thousands of various products around the world. It all depends on how much effort and money the company wants to put into it. As I originally said before, this clone is easily 95% as good (or higher) in build quality, with a virtually identical vape experience. The only thing I can see that is different between the two is the authentic seems to have a copper 510 pin, and the clone looks to have a silver plated. So perhaps a very minor difference in power at any given voltage.

Last edited:

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
RiceBurner is right, this clone is top notch. I got it the first day it dropped it Eciggity and I have had zero issues. The dual post design with the grub screws from the side (genius by the way) is unique, seems if they wanted to protect it that would have been enough to get a patent. If you invest tens of thousands in a design, as Cisco says they did with the Velocity, why not spend a few hundred more to protect it?

Reactions: RiceBurner95

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappropriate and disruptive

nopoison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Columbus, OH
id like to update my experience with this rda:

so far ive had it for a few days and used it all day. the DT is easier to take on/off with practice. it takes a few seconds to scope the coils for a re-drip w/o having to uncap (leads to leaks). my initial issue was having to uncap the entire cap to re-drip.

i also had an issue with the larger chamber loosing the flavor but by building coils up higher, the chamber is "reduced" and coils get hit with air towards the underside. i get a slight increase in flavor. i dont use the indirect air holes much but if i want an airy pull i can easily adjust that.

what i like about it the most is the ease of clean centered builds and adjusting air flow on the fly. i have other rda's that i enjoy the the afc is hard to adjust (thundercloud) or it leaks juice (origen). the easiest to adjust is the vector.

i am currently using the velocity in temp mode (dual ni200 28g 10 wrap 3mm ID, 0.77 ohms @ 40J 450F) and flavor is awesome. vaping Poet's "Torte De Arnicia"
Definitely better with the coils up high and being larger with such a big chamber. Ni200 9 wraps 3.5mm 28ga .06ohm 450F 60 watts and its the best so far for me with tc two weeks into it. [emoji2]

5e95c0ee735bcfc743f7d35ce0d07625.jpg

643411941d1557aac950827187fd1c73.jpg

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
I received my Velocity RDA clone yesterday and put a build on it today. For a clone, it is well made. I do have an issue with the two O-rings not allowing the cover to secure well to the base. It's very loose and comes off very easily. I fixed it some what by replacing the bottom o-ring with the spare for the top cap/AFC. It's been vaping great with 24g dual coil anarchist wire and cellu-cotton. Like I said it's well made but it is an obvious clone. I'm sure the original has tight tolerances and this one does not. But, mine cost $17.60 shipped with the help of a $5 discount and $2.60 shipping. Mine is from a second batch that had a couple issues corrected so I am quite happy with it.

Reactions: nopoison
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread