Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Spotted this when some-one posted a link in another thread.
The Vision Variable Volt mod at mad vapes:
Vision Variable Volt Mod, Chrome

This looks exactly like a Vamo except for the "V" logo on the bottom of the end cap. I asked Mad Vapes if it has variable wattage and they advised it is strictly a variable voltage mod and doesn't have variable wattage.

Just wanted to let you know, as it is confusing at first sight. Appears to have exactly the same casing as the Vamo. But it's not the Vamo. No idea why Vision did this.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
To make it worse i cannot find this product on visions website.

and on all their other products thats not how they draw the "V"

Interesting. Well spotted there. On another thread some-one noted that rhe Charleston ecig one has V2 and the Mad Vapes one doesn't. It's like a whodunnit or something.

Mars199

Aug 19, 2012
Virginia
Hey all,
I knew something was up when I saw Madvapes selling a VV only looking Vamo esque device. As they have written product details before that have been a little misinformed, I took a gamble, waiting for it to ship now... But I look at the description today, wait for it...;…now it's… VV……and……

Variable power as well.

Yup.

Funny thing is, is that I did a lot alibaba searching last night to find that all of the Vamo/star/eagle/vision VV/lambo 4.0's are all the same device, just with diff descriptions.

Giddy with anticipation:)

Cheers,
Marshall

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi Marshall,
They've changed the description alright:
Vision Variable Volt Mod, Chrome

They start off calling it the Vision Variable Volt Mod and then it goes:
2. The eGo APV has 2 modes it can operate in.

Mode 1: constant voltage. In this mode, the APV adjusts from 3.0 to 6.0 Volts in .1 volt increments.

Mode 2: constant power. In this mode, APV adjusts from 3.0 to 15 Watts in .5 Watt increments.

The Mode is switched by holding down the left mini button & the right mini button together at the same time for 3 seconds. You can then toggle between the 2 modes. Then adjust volts or watts up or down using these buttons individually.

3. The eGo APV can fit (1)18650, (2)18350, or (1)18350! All of this without changing the end cap! It can use protected and IMR flat top and button top 18650s and 18350 batteries.

And so on.... Exactly the same as Health Cabins:
eGo Variable Volt/Watt APV V2 (Only Body) [D-B4 APV] - $31.20 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
2. The eGo APV has 2 kinds of modes for your choices.

Mode 1: constant voltage. In this model, APV adjusts from 3.0 to 6.0 Volts in .1 volt increments.

Mode 2: constant power. In this model, APV adjusts from 3.0 to 15 Watts in .5 Watt increments.

Mode is easily switched by holding down the left mini button & the right mini button together at the same time for 3 seconds.Then adjust volts or watts up or down using these buttons individually.

3. The eGo APV can fit (1)18650, (2)18350, or (1)18350! All of this without changing the end cap!

So Mad Vapes didn't check out the pvs first? :facepalm: They told me it was strictly just a variable volt device.
Unfortunately I can't edit my first post to give folks the update. Oh well.

Anyway - thanks for the update - and hope you really enjoy it when it arrives!

Last edited:

Mars199

Aug 19, 2012
Virginia
Hey kiwivap,
I really can't fault anyone at madvapes, the exact same (at least as it seems) mod is sold by no less than 5 distributors in China. But interesting enough, the numbers on the madvapes site about the available units have gone down by at least 75 since last night, which is pretty cool. I don't quite mind paying the extra 10-15 dollars either as they are fairly close and fairly quick. I'm really looking forward to it.. Now I need to pick up a couple of big batts to go along..think ill do some sort of video when I get it for giggles:)

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hey kiwivap,
I really can't fault anyone at madvapes, the exact same (at least as it seems) mod is sold by no less than 5 distributors in China. But interesting enough, the numbers on the madvapes site about the available units have gone down by at least 75 since last night, which is pretty cool. I don't quite mind paying the extra 10-15 dollars either as they are fairly close and fairly quick. I'm really looking forward to it.. Now I need to pick up a couple of big batts to go along..think ill do some sort of video when I get it for giggles:)

Yeah I know its sold a number of places, and there will be people doing knocks offs in China for sure. But I and two others emailed Mad Vapes and asked them specifically if it had variable wattage. They sent us the same reply - no, it is strictly only variable voltage. They should check the pvs and know what they are listing. The fact that their description is now exactly the same as the one from Health Cabin shows that they could have got the specs and listed it properly first time.

I've ordered from them more than once, and nominated them in the vendors of the year thread. But they really do need to check the pv first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread