The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The VW trap, am I the only one?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by crawler65, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. crawler65

crawler65 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    So I had some VV devices, and some mechs, and then I got a Vamo, my 1st VW mod. VW was terrific, but then I had to do the math when I took an atty off of the Vamo and put it on a VV only device. Now I'm just using the VV on my Vamo so I know my volts all the time LOL! Numbers are hard, numbers are stupid hard :p
    Am I the dummy that has done this?:oops:

2. theinlawjosie

theinlawjosie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2013
    The Bluegrass State
    I'm right there with ya! Numbers are hard! Haha. They are so hard for me, that I don't even try to figure out what wattage or voltage I should be at. I just start low and adjust to taste. Numbers make my head hurt. :toast:

3. vjc0628

vjc0628 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    Maryville TN
    No real math, I just find the wattage that give me best flav and when I change device maybe lower ohms the vamo adjusts the voltage automatically

I do find I need to adjust a little by flave but not much

most for me comes in-between 5.5 and 6.5 watts mostly stay at 6 watts

no matter the resistance while on VV I might have the lowest resistance on maybe 3.6 volts but highest maybe 4.6

also on VW I don't worry about burning coils but I've done that on VV

4. State O' Flux

State O' Flux Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    Seattle
    Ah... don't do that. M-Kay? :p

5. Barbara21

Barbara21 Moved On

May 21, 2013
    Greenville, SC, USA
    Heck, you're way ahead of me. I don't understand VV and VW at all, let along all this talk about ohms, resistors, coils, etc.

6. State O' Flux

Jul 17, 2013
    Seattle
    Buy a VW... put it on 8.0 watts and fug-ged-aboud-dit. ;-)

7. BigBen2k

BigBen2k Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    MA, USA
    That's great; that's exactly what VW's are for.

I'm still sticking to my unregulated battery, even knowing its flaws. I find the performance is acceptable, and the price is right, for me.

8. nicetucu

nicetucu Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    Salem, Oregon
    My sweet spot is 8.5 Watts.... Surprised to see people liking lower Wattage.

9. State O' Flux

Jul 17, 2013
    Seattle
    Lots of variables... If I was a "11 watt guy", I'd wonder about both of us, eh? ;-)

10. wbbrn1952

wbbrn1952 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2013
    Pensacola, FL, USA
    I have wattage settings that I have figured out for various liquids but I love using the VAMO - went to the beach yesterday and took my ego-T with a BCC attached and glad I had the VAMO in the car; because I did not enjoy my vape with the ego-t near as much as with the VAMO.

11. Thunderball

Thunderball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2013
    Grayson, Georgia
    I have learned to back down on volts/watts if I even get an "inkling" that the coil is so hot that it may want to singe the wick no matter what topper I am using. I dont care what it reads as far as a number, with the exception that what ever it reads at my "sweet spot", thats were it will stay with that certain coil/ohm (until the ohms go up). I say al that to say that I do go as low as posible and still get a good vape because I will get more flavor like this. The higher I go, the less flavor and the more bland or burnt taste I get.

Then again, if you havent noticed yet, your ohms tend to go UP the longer you use a coil, I am guessing from a build up of gunk on the coil itself. So then Its time to "bump it up one"...if needed.

I wouldnt worry about the numbers or formulas, I would "taste" what your vape is telling you. I dont like my juice getting "discolored" from too much power going to the coil, so I tend to "back off" for the flavor and for the longevity of my coil.

12. Snickerfritz

Snickerfritz Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2013
    USA
    I've usually got my Vamo in wattage mode. I seem to get a better vape that way, but I admit it could all me in my head. I've usually got mine set somewhere between 7 and 8 watts.

13. bhswmc01

bhswmc01 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I haven't played much with watts, I just leave it at 7 and adjust voltage as needed.

14. WarHawk-AVG

WarHawk-AVG Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    H-Town
    Just need something to help ya with the math bro ;)

[​IMG]

P.S. For those folks that don't know the VV or VW stuff...and keep saying 7-8 watts...notice on this nice neat graph...the last green block before you get to the red block on almost ALL volts/ohms scales...7-8 watts is "red lining" (over-revving and engine/hot coil...get it heh) your MOD, not unsafe...but it can reduce the life of your coil...but hey it pushes your rig to give you the MAXIMUM output and performance

On an analog tachometer gauge in a car...the above graph your vape mod would be doing this
    [​IMG]

Cool huh

15. InTheShade

InTheShade Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2013
    South Texas
    Just add 2 to the resistance of the coil head and start there. So if the head is 2ohms, start at 4 volts and adjust up or down from there according to taste.
    I used to always use my Vamo in wattage mode, but I'd still adjust it up and down depending on the juice and my mood.

There is no right or wrong number to vape at (although the above chart and the rule of 2 I just mentioned are good places to start) - it's all about what tastes good to you - and no math is necessary really.

If it tastes burnt, lower it, if it's muted or no vapor, increase it.

16. InTheShade

InTheShade Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2013
    South Texas
  17. ScubaZan

ScubaZan Full Member

May 17, 2013
    BFE,Florida
    I'm using a Seigeli Zmax V3... Now I'm pretty good with numbers, and I understand the Voltage/ohms/wattage calculations, so the fact that in Wattage setting I still need to adjust up or down for the same juice in a different atty confuses the .... out of me!!!

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Sometimes it's a pretty wide swing.

18. VANA

VANA Moved On

Aug 13, 2013
    Fortladderdale, Fl
    I just go by taste and throat hit I find a happy medium for my preference. From tank to tank.

19. Mike Sheda

Mike Sheda Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    I like my Vamo V3... it goes to 11 :)
    (although I usually keep it between 5.5 and 7.5 depending on pg/vg ratio and flavor)

20. State O' Flux

Jul 17, 2013
    Seattle
    So does my stereo. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.