The winds are changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
I found this in one of the "Nothing About Us Without Us" posts and thought it should be brought up as the main point of a thread.

The link below is to Stanton Glantz's blog where he complains about the recommendations from a report developed from a survey of tobacco controllers. That report is largely pro-THR and pro-vape. Stanton is mad, and it makes me smile.

New report does not necessarity reflect "the views of 120 leaders in tobacco control" | Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education

The link to the report that irked him:
http://www.tobaccoreform.org/wp-con...ary-Report-Ending-Cigarette-Use-by-Adults.pdf

I know there is still a long way to go, but this is hopeful, yes?

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I found this in one of the "Nothing About Us Without Us" posts and thought it should be brought up as the main point of a thread.

The link below is to Stanton Glantz's blog where he complains about the recommendations from a report developed from a survey of tobacco controllers. That report is largely pro-THR and pro-vape. Stanton is mad, and it makes me smile.

New report does not necessarity reflect "the views of 120 leaders in tobacco control" | Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education

The link to the report that irked him:
http://www.tobaccoreform.org/wp-con...ary-Report-Ending-Cigarette-Use-by-Adults.pdf

I know there is still a long way to go, but this is hopeful, yes?
I skimed through about half the document and finally lost patience. They are trying so hard to push vaping more in to the discussion without infuriating their ideologically and financially hide bound chronies. And how can they be at this for so long and be so naieve? Probably because most of them never smoked. What's happened, because of vaping, is tobacco is obsolete. And they and their tortured approach is obsolete. All these people need to do is leave vaping alone. 2 1/2 years ago there were about 20 smokers where I work and no vapers. Today there are about 10 smokers and 10 vapers. That has happened inspite of these so-called public health people, not because of them.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Please note that all of the authors of that report campaigned to enact the Tobacco Control Act (after I repeatedly informed them it protected cigarettes by banning new low risk smokefree alternatives) and also either campaigned for or endorsed the FDA's Deeming Reg/Ban (after I repeatedly informed them it would ban the sale of all vapor products in the US).

While its nice to see some THR prohibitionists are now paying lip service to THR (which prohibitionist extremist Stan Glantz cannot tolerate), their report still endorses FDA's Deeming Ban.

dcdozer

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Northern VA
Please note that all of the authors of that report campaigned to enact the Tobacco Control Act (after I repeatedly informed them it protected cigarettes by banning new low risk smokefree alternatives) and also either campaigned for or endorsed the FDA's Deeming Reg/Ban (after I repeatedly informed them it would ban the sale of all vapor products in the US).

While its nice to see some THR prohibitionists are now paying lip service to THR (which prohibitionist extremist Stan Glantz cannot tolerate), their report still endorses FDA's Deeming Ban.

I get it that the majority of folks in tobacco control are not our BFFs, but it is still encouraging that a survey from this group resulted in an irritated Stanton Glantz.

Thanks for all that you do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread