• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Moderator Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
There is already a thread here discussing this, but I think a more direct approach may be necessary to get some discussion going.

At the moment, Kate is boycotting ECF:cry:. She is not available here, and may not come back (I am still holding out hope).:cry::cry:

Since the day she was banned, we have been without a moderator for this group8-o. All in all, we are a peaceful group that requires very little moderation:thumbs:. However, with this group being private by invite only, no one else can join until Kate comes back or we get a new mod.

So far, no one really wants the responsibility. I am willing to do it, but would like to have a co-mod to avoid this situation in the future should the unforeseeable (or perhaps, foreseeable) happen. Figuratively speaking, I have a big mouth and a penchant for shooting it off, so my being banned temporarily wouldn't be farfetched. It would be nice if there were two people able to send out invites and cover any absences.

What are your thoughts? I really do want to read them. I want brutal honesty. This group belongs to ALL of us.

Are any of you willing to step up?

EDIT: Here is a link to the other thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gay-group/10411-kate-future.html

Last edited:

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
There is already a thread here discussing this, but I think a more direct approach may be necessary to get some discussion going.

At the moment, Kate is boycotting ECF:cry:. She is not available here, and may not come back (I am still holding out hope).:cry::cry:

Since the day she was banned, we have been without a moderator for this group8-o. All in all, we are a peaceful group that requires very little moderation:thumbs:. However, with this group being private by invite only, no one else can join until Kate comes back or we get a new mod.

So far, no one really wants the responsibility. I am willing to do it, but would like to have a co-mod to avoid this situation in the future should the unforeseeable (or perhaps, foreseeable) happen. Figuratively speaking, I have a big mouth and a penchant for shooting it off, so my being banned temporarily wouldn't be farfetched. It would be nice if there were two people able to send out invites and cover any absences.

What are your thoughts? I really do want to read them. I want brutal honesty. This group belongs to ALL of us.

Are any of you willing to step up?

EDIT: Here is a link to the other thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gay-group/10411-kate-future.html

I did not see this post post before I responded to other thread (linked above in quote). Sorry about that, Nico.

I see you're asking for a co-mod instead of a backup. Is that correct? On the other thread you said "backup." Just to be clear I doubt there is much difference in the two especially since this sub-forum is so small. Unless we have 100's waiting at the door and just don't know it, lol. I doubt that though.

Because of the forum size I wouldn't mind being co-mod either. But I'd still like Andy to have his say first since he volunteered as acting mod before I did.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
I did not see this post post before I responded to other thread (linked above in quote). Sorry about that, Nico.

I see you're asking for a co-mod instead of a backup. Is that correct? On the other thread you said "backup." Just to be clear I doubt there is much difference in the two especially since this sub-forum is so small. Unless we have 100's waiting at the door and just don't know it, lol. I doubt that though.

Because of the forum size I wouldn't mind being co-mod either. But I'd still like Andy to have his say first since he volunteered as acting mod before I did.

Co-mod, backup - I used them interchangeably. I am cool with whatever the group decides. I have done a lot of soul searching about this before posting, that is why it took so long for me to post. I have checked and rechecked my motives.I am even cool if it is not me. Honestly, I just want this group to be accessible to those in need, and to run smoothly. I would prefer as little moderation as possible, but will accept whatever is available. I considered asking Cashmere if he would do it since he is already a member and a mod, but thought better of it when I considered how much he already has going on just trying to keep his supplies stocked.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
Please ignore my above post. I respectively rescind my offer to co-mod this forum. Thanks.

Edit: Someone just PM'd me asking if I meant "respectfully rescind" and suggested I change it.

No, I meant "respectively" as in "in particular" meaning to single myself out and not speak for anyone else who has previously volunteered. However in an effort to appease I also respectfully rescind ;)

Last edited:

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
I think having two mods simultaneously is a good idea, that way we have a sort of safety net if someone gets banned or disappears.

I'd be willing to step up but it looks like their are already a few people willing to.

I have another idea though. What if every month we rotate mods so that no one has to be a moderator for too long. Everyone would participate in the roation unless they really didn't want to or they aren't very active. That seems like a fair way of dividing up the responsibility.

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
Shall we get a single mod in now so we can keep the group going and then continue to discuss reserves etc? Anybody unhappy with Nico? If anybody has reservations about her but nervous of posting feel free to PM me. Otherwise I say we get her set up ASAP

Andy

I'm happy with Nico being mod but from a practical point-of-view two is better (IMHO).

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
I move we vote unanimously to bring Kate back! :cry:

No one except Nicowolf has said they'd be willing to do the job. I personally think she would make a fine choice and I've heard no objections. I suggest to give it the weekend for any new volunteers/nominees/votes and then make it so. If we get more people interested we could have a poll to pick the new mod.

Has it been clarified whether or not more than one regular member can be assigned as mod to a social group? I ask because in another group that I started I don't see the option to add additional moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread