These New CE2's seem to be the "next generation" R5 Maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

throbinskin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
San Diego
I ordered 6 boxes from you Bruce and Today is the day to do some cutting. The wife is taking the new born and two year old out of the house for me. I have been gone from here for awhile because we just had our new daughter born on the 8th of March. Anyways - out of three CE2's from the same box 2 were the new style and 1 was old style. I don't care as I was happy with the old style but excited to try the new.

Thanks alot for your service Bruce

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
hello all;

this may be a little OT, but I was wondering if any others, other than myself, moved the wick around in the CE2/CE2XL after doing a dry burn/cleaning?

What I do, (after each map tank) is after rinsing with very hot water the tank, wick/element, and mouthpiece, is pat dry, squeeze the wick in a clean towel to remove excess moisture, then dial down my Provari to 3.7v, then do a dry burn, usually 3- 1 sec blasts, to burn off the juice that has caramelized onto the heating element. After the element is cleaned off, I very carefully pull on the different strands of wicking to move the wick to a clean spot under the element, then reassemble, refill with juice, and go for it again. I do this 4-5 times with each CE2/CE2XL before disposing of it and using a fresh one.

Doing a dry burn never burns off the crud completely from the wick material that was directly under the heating element which is why I move the wick to a clean area of the wick to be under the element.

Just curious who also does this or if there is a better method. I've noticed that the wick is physically burned also, not just having crud burned into the wick. I don't know if the burned areas of the wick hinder the wicking effect, but I do make sure that the burned area of the wick is pulled out far enough so that it is not right up against the silicon cap.

Repent

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
Supposed to be out in May from Microcig. From the website:

Fatter CE2 Wick - Pre-burned
Vapor from the Bottom
100 % No Burn taste
100 % Leaking free
100 % Suitable for types and models
100 % Soldering FREE !
100 % PURE and CLEAN
Multi OHMS available
Multi use and long lasting

e-Liquid.cn also says a new version of Giantomizer comming out - "adjusted to be more perfect" no date yet... they're retooling and ordering new materials. They say "stronger and longer tube and different assembling way." Maybe for the new CE3?

kcblack3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2011
Olathe, KS USA
www.bigdaddyvapor.com
Got my new clearos yesterday and they are all the fat wick version....only problem...most of the wicks dont go to the bottom of the tank. Not complaining...Bruce is the man...just FYI

Guess I will tilt and be happy to have them. I just wish the Chinese manufacturers would take some pride in doing things right.

We had a saying in the Army that they seem to follow to the letter...."We don't have time to do it right...but we always have time to do it over!"

bri1270

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
Massachusetts - USA
Got my new clearos yesterday and they are all the fat wick version....only problem...most of the wicks dont go to the bottom of the tank.

I've noticed the same thing. I've also noticed the ohm ratings don't necessarily match what's on the box, and I can't get a drip tip into the new clearo tubes.

kcblack3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2011
Olathe, KS USA
www.bigdaddyvapor.com
I've noticed the same thing. I've also noticed the ohm ratings don't necessarily match what's on the box, and I can't get a drip tip into the new clearo tubes.

I cant get a drip tip to fit either...seems to have a smaller inside diameter. Hopefully, someone will make some that work for these.

kcblack3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2011
Olathe, KS USA
www.bigdaddyvapor.com

Hey Bri, I got my drip tip issue fixed. Just grind down a delrin one a bit with a dremel or some sandpaper...works like a charm now

:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread