Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Say ECF, can you lower the wick on these obnoxious pop up ads, PLEASE??? It's one thing to have ads and another thing to have them take up a big part of the screen and not be able to close them. It does the advertiser no good or ECF because it completely ruins the ECF experience.

Thank you.

Sickbxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
Spring, Texas
Tapatalk is your friend, the pop ups and ads do not show up in the app. I was considering starting to pay for membership, but the pop up show up for paid members too and I will not support a site that makes the experience unusable for members.
940378bccf71967393153445ab45f2e0.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Looked like it took a while to "unlock" the secret X... I still say the person to figure it out first should win.... LOL, then we'd all be fixating on it productively instead of with dismay, LOL.

I'm okay with a click that can be clicked, but I think it should be visible with the ad (OR a WIN!!!) so that there isn't a bunch of initial dismay and chaos.

I think Zoidaman is the winner..... This time.... LOL.

It's a thought anyway.... :)

Anna

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I figured out how to hide it. When the box is on the left side of the phone screen, tap the upper right corner and a tiny X shows up.

Hats off to you.

I use an iPad and tapped the add on the bottom left and an x appears.

My support will continue... :(

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Sorry - posted on the other thread - yes, I'll get this sorted. Clearly, any popup should dismissible and not come back once dismissed.

Give me a little time, I need to understand why this is working so poorly. .

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Sorry - posted on the other thread - yes, I'll get this sorted. Clearly, any popup should dismissible and not come back once dismissed.

Give me a little time, I need to understand why this is working so poorly. .
I appreciate it, Oliver. I think we all understand why there are ads on ECF. This one happened to be over the top because it took up so much of the screen and there was no way to close it. I see it was made closeable since though. Thank you.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I figured out how to hide it. When the box is on the left side of the phone screen, tap the upper right corner and a tiny X shows up.

How do you make it go to the left of your screen..mine stayed on the right, I literally had to leave the forum because of it.

As a beside, my phone screen is small enough I can only see the first couple letters of each line in the reply when that ad is up..you have a massive amount that you can see compared to mine..

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I see the popup for a contest as something far different from a revenue generating ad and don't find it to be much trouble to dismiss. I'm on a PC though and it may be taking up much more real estate for members using phones.

We veterans may not care but I bet a number of people new to ECF and vaping are happy to have a chance to win presented to them. They likely wouldn't know to search out the Contest thread yet. When I was new here every contest was pretty exciting, and some still are.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I see the popup for a contest as something far different from a revenue generating ad and don't find it to be much trouble to dismiss. I'm on a PC though and it may be taking up much more real estate for members using phones.

We veterans may not care but I bet a number of people new to ECF and vaping are happy to have a chance to win presented to them. They likely wouldn't know to search out the Contest thread yet. When I was new here every contest was pretty exciting, and some still are.
No problem with the ads. Just let us close them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread