Things I've noticed about my eVic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb007gd

Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
C-town, Ohio
This is basically a brain dump of little things I've noticed about my eVic. None of these bother me terribly, but I figure I'll put it out there to see if others have noticed the same things.

My battery charge indicator goes haywire sometimes. There are times it will drop from whatever state of charge it really is right down to 00. (FYI, I have never run it down past 40% charge.) Out will still work fine when displaying the 00 charge. After a while it will go back to displaying the proper SOC.

On occasion it will refuse to charge because it insists the battery is at 100%, even though I know it isn't. A reboot coupled with removing/reinserting the battery usually fixes that.

Sometimes I'll find its turned itself off. This is rare, but yesterday I had just had a pull off it and was going for a second when I noticed it was shut off. No big deal, just turn it back on and vape away as usual.

Anyone else seen these quirks? Again - none of these are deal breakers to me. I love the thing. Maybe these are issues that could be fixed in future software revisions, but then again I might have a bad unit! I do know a friend with two eVic heads and both have the strange battery meter thing going on though.

Sector000

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
California
My battery charge indicator goes haywire sometimes. There are times it will drop from whatever state of charge it really is right down to 00. (FYI, I have never run it down past 40% charge.) Out will still work fine when displaying the 00 charge. After a while it will go back to displaying the proper SOC.

On occasion it will refuse to charge because it insists the battery is at 100%, even though I know it isn't. A reboot coupled with removing/reinserting the battery usually fixes that.
I've seen this a few times when using the internal charger. I have not seen this when using an external charger.

Sometimes I'll find its turned itself off. This is rare, but yesterday I had just had a pull off it and was going for a second when I noticed it was shut off.
I've never had this happened. The consensus around here is that it's caused by loose battery contacts. My batteries are AW IMR 18650 and AW IMR 18350.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I also recommend External charger.
Stretch spring if using standard 65mm length batteries
Your battery may be having issues also. Sudden dips will shut the eVic down.

Would also suggest a reinstall of firmware.
My personal preference was to stay with 1.2 for now. Did not see anything special for me personally in 1.3

jb007gd

Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
C-town, Ohio
I think they must have a shock sensor. If I set mine down too hard on the table, if it falls on the carpet, if I'm keeping time to the music with it in my hand, it will shut itself off. After any impact it turns itself off. Feature or Bug?

As a member of the Information Technology community, I can confirm these things are called "features". Like how the Xbox One was going to require an always-on internet connection - another fine "feature". ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread