jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Hey guys,

so I am a new vaper who is just getting into RBA's. Today, I just took delivery of an hcigar kayfun 3.1 and was excited to use it. I watched endless videos on Youtube on how to disassemble/reassemble it, so I took it apart today and cleaned all the machine oil off of all the parts. I then reassembled it, made a coil, and filled it up via the top-fill method (plug the carb hole with your finger and fill through the top, then tip upside down and let go of the carb hole). Everything was going very well; I had a few vapes and it was hitting very nicely!!

I quickly decided that I hadn't filled it up nearly enough, so I removed the top cover to add more fluid, which I now know, was a big mistake. Well, the real mistake was then tipping it back upside down after filling & reinstalling the top cover!! As soon as I reinstalled the top cover, the thing started gurgling like crazy...."great" I thought, "I flooded it". So, I drained all of the eliquid out of it and tried to take it apart to see what went wrong. When I put it back together, I was getting NO air flow coming in from the carb hole....I'm talking ZERO....

So I took it back apart, and quickly realized that there is some sort of "blockage" so to speak between the carb hole and the hole right under the coil. I tried blowing through the carb hole but could not get ANY air to pass through....I tried taking out the coil and blowing down through that way....no dice...I even tried preheating my oven to 300 deg. and putting the bottom section of the Kayfun in the over for a half hour....that did not help either..

It almost seems like there's like a "vapor lock" or something going on, as I cannot get ANY airflow between the carb hole and where it comes up underneath the coil....HAs anyone seen this before and if so, what do I do to clear this pathway??

I hate the fact that I JUST got this thing and it's already messed up!! I am honestly thinking about just buying another Kayfun clone and keeping this one for spare parts...unless anyone has any tips? I would greatly appreciate any info you guys may be able to provide!!

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Did you clean it? Did you adjust airflow? I don't recommend heating insulators in the oven..

Yeah, the oven thing was probably a bad idea....hey what can I say....I panicked!! haha....Yeah I've cleaned the heck out of it and I even tried taking the air adjust screw all the way out....still no air flow....

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Turn it upside down and vape it. This will eliminate the fluid block in the airhole by eliminating liquid feed into the channels. It will take several hits, but it will fix your issues.

From now on, fill it from the bottom.

Thanks!! I think I fixed it!! I took some pressurized air and shot it down in there, and it cleared the "blockage"!! I think I am in good shape!!

I appreciate the responses, and I will definitely fill it up from the bottom from now on!! :)

Thanks!! I think I fixed it!! I took some pressurized air and shot it down in there, and it cleared the "blockage"!! I think I am in good shape!!

I appreciate the responses, and I will definitely fill it up from the bottom from now on!! :)

No problem. My Russian will do that from time to time when I fill it. But the result is worth it. It's the best atty in my collection.

Not sure if your clone came with it, but the genuine Russian has a bag with some tiny o rings included. I use one on my fill screw to eliminate the leak that may occur during temperature change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread