• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

think my atty is kaput

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domtine

Lim Peh
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
North Korea with Disneyland
gurgling sound means too much liquid in atty, maybe try changing to a normal atty using drip method or cartomizers or CE2?

I realise that after my atty cools down the extra liquid becomes very think like dried honey. Suspect VG is not vaporising properly.

Also when it's vaping fine, I get no flavor. Only when the gurgling sound starts I get the flavor.

I've changed to a new tank but symptoms persists. Trying to tear my atty apart next.

Currynoah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I realise that after my atty cools down the extra liquid becomes very think like dried honey. Suspect VG is not vaporising properly.

Also when it's vaping fine, I get no flavor. Only when the gurgling sound starts I get the flavor.

I've changed to a new tank but symptoms persists. Trying to tear my atty apart next.

Sounds like you have a choke point... Tear swa.. :laugh:

deception

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
Singapore
sorry to tompang thread, but since topic is on atty so just wanna have some clarifications.

I'm using 650mAh battery from HC, will this battery be suitable for LR attys? I've read somewhere that LR atty shortens the lifespan of the battery...please advise.

shorten the lifespan of batteries due to the fact your battery drain will be higher thus needing to charge another cycle.

let me show you some power usage info in terms of current use.

battery 3.7, stock atty 2.2ohms, LR atty 1.5ohms

scenario 1 stock atty
3.7v / 2.2ohms = 1.68A wattage = 6.22W

Scenario 2 LR atty

3.7 / 1.5 = 2.46A watt = 9.13W

so clearly power consumption at scenario 2 is higher.

each batteries have their charging cycle life. so with higher power drainage means you need to charge more. when you charge more the cycles will deplete faster. thats of cause taking into considerations that you totally drain the battery to 0%.

so basically you will be trading off battery duration and life for high wattage which also means higher heat output.

Last edited:

big-fish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2011
Portland
shorten the lifespan of batteries due to the fact your battery drain will be higher thus needing to charge another cycle.

let me show you some power usage info in terms of current use.

battery 3.7, stock atty 2.2ohms, LR atty 1.5ohms

scenario 1 stock atty
3.7v / 2.2ohms = 1.68A wattage = 6.22W

Scenario 2 LR atty

3.7 / 1.5 = 2.46A watt = 9.13W

so clearly power consumption at scenario 2 is higher.

each batteries have their charging cycle life. so with higher power drainage means you need to charge more. when you charge more the cycles will deplete faster. thats of cause taking into considerations that you totally drain the battery to 0%.

bro thanks for the clarification. the term 'lifespan' actually refer to duration the battery will last before it spoils right? And not the time it lasts before it goes flat and needs to recharge?

Muramasa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
bro thanks for the clarification. the term 'lifespan' actually refer to duration the battery will last before it spoils right? And not the time it lasts before it goes flat and needs to recharge?

ya. usually rechargables have a lifespan of 300 cycles. = 300x of charge drain charge drain =x

some shorter some longer but avgly is ard 300. the manufacturer would usually state the lifespan

deception

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
Singapore
ya. usually rechargables have a lifespan of 300 cycles. = 300x of charge drain charge drain =x

some shorter some longer but avgly is ard 300. the manufacturer would usually state the lifespan

yup all batteries is not made equal..
I've read an article in other ecf forum that if you charge it mid way instead of totally discharging it can actually help with so called "increasing charging cycles"

for example, lets say battery charging cycle is 300 and charging from 0% to 100% is considered 1 cycle. so if you religiously used only to only 50% each time and charge it immediately. the cycles is doubled.

deception

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
Singapore
Err.. Isn't it the same... Do the maths and u understand

Ya I know just trying to convey that totally draining out the battery doesn't means it's good.

And besides. Like what surfer said to keep batteries fully charged and happy keeps the battery voltage from dropping and impede vaping experience.

Muramasa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
So it's ok to charge it every night even if it's not flat?
no its not good. overcharging ur batts will not in anyway preserve ur batts and infact might cause ur batt to 'overload' esp if its unprotected.

Also the so called best charging time is when ur batt has 10-20% left then charge fully drain oso not good. (this is applicable to mobile and laptops batteries not very sure will it be applicable on pvs.)

deception

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
Singapore
Well what I can say about our batteries is that you can use and charge as and when you like don't need to wait till it's fully empty or what just make sure you unplug it when your indicator says it's fully charged.

As for mobile phones and laptop. Occasionally you have to let it discharged till 0% like maybe every half a year or so. Due to the fact that those electronic devices come with things that will calculate battery time left. And occasionally the so called "calculation" will go somewhat off that's why after you let it go down to 0% and up to 100% again the "calculator" will recalibrate itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread