• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Thinkin' 'bout this year's BBQ.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Hey 440, I was over at the son in law's helping him lay a floor over the weekend and he said he was thinking about doing a Kolsch style lager for the BBQ too. I thought you might like that. I think I've had it before and was quite impressed.

Ed. I learned more about this brew. It's actually a Kolsch style ALE that is brewed with the lager yeasts. It comes out light like a lager but with more flavor than most lagers.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
I'm interested......but I have social awkwardness super powers and so I'm both drawn to and afraid of this gathering.
I was totally jealous of last year's bbq though.

No need for those super powers here Charity. You're probably cooler than most of us. :)
We're a very mixed group of pretty average folks with a common interest and we'd love to meet you.

Ikeprof

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2012
Mt Clemens, Michigan
Got a text from my master brewer a few days ago. There will be two beers this year. He is doing a Citra Pale Ale and, of course,
he's doing my fave, the oaked Scotch Ale. They are fermenting as I type this.

As a home brewer myself, Citra Pale Ale is only closely matched by a lemon cream ale for home brewed summertime deliciousness.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
As a home brewer myself, Citra Pale Ale is only closely matched by a lemon cream ale for home brewed summertime deliciousness.

Well then Ike, you should come on down here and try some. :) You and the son in law could discuss the finer points of brewing. Is that your pug in your avatar? There will probably be four other dogs here too. Friendly dogs are always welcome at my house.

Extraunordinary

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Where I am
Ha! No kidding. The air will be on in the house and we'll have fans in the shop.

Cool, and having the BBQ later in the day should help. My vehicle decided it wanted to become a pile of flotsam this morning, and my mechanic can't look at it 'til Monday; luckily I have awesome In-Laws, and we'll be getting one of their vehicles for the weekend.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Cool, and having the BBQ later in the day should help. My vehicle decided it wanted to become a pile of flotsam this morning, and my mechanic can't look at it 'til Monday; luckily I have awesome In-Laws, and we'll be getting one of their vehicles for the weekend.

Lucky you on having awesome in laws. I got lucky in that way too. Glad you can make it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread