Thinking about stepping up to 901 LR????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ymgie

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
Utica NY
Its time for me to order new attys for my Riva 901 (3.7 v), But i cant decide on the usual bulk pack from Vapor Kings or should I finally go with the bulk 901 LRs . Im just worried about the trade off between performance and atty life. Im getting major vapor from the standards , but wouldnt mind a little more warmth to the vapor and i dont want to waste my $$$$ ????? I'm just stuck on this one :confused:
Anyone got any experience with these ?

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I use LR 901's from IkenVape, but these are 1.8Ω and not really suited for use on the eGo/Riva batts. The reason is these batts have a MOSFET switch that doesn't tolerate the heat that well. If the switch gets fried, then you've just lost that batt. If you can find some that are 2.0Ω then you might be okay using them as long as you don't let them get too hot.

I really like the 901's and I think they produce better vapor and flavor than the 510's, although I'll still use the 510's occasionally.

ymgie

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
Utica NY
I dont wanna fry my batt ! Ild be lost without my Rivas and the way I "hotbox" it now , I'd blow that sucker up in a heartbeat w/ 1.7 LRs lol . Ive gotta say , I haven't tried a 510 yet but ive heard that the flavor isnt as good as 901s. That's why i chose the 901 Riva over the 510. Im getting GREAT flavor and vapor dripping but the vapor just isnt as warm as my 808 cartos (the only thing good about my 808s...)Thanx for the intel WomanOfHeart.....

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Its time for me to order new attys for my Riva 901 (3.7 v), But i cant decide on the usual bulk pack from Vapor Kings or should I finally go with the bulk 901 LRs . Im just worried about the trade off between performance and atty life. Im getting major vapor from the standards , but wouldnt mind a little more warmth to the vapor and i dont want to waste my $$$$ ????? I'm just stuck on this one :confused:
Anyone got any experience with these ?

I use the 901 1.8 ohm LR's from VaporKings, and have no complaints about their performance or atty life. I do think that the LR's diminish the taste of my juice a bit, but that is to be expected. I can't comment on the Riva experience as I use these atties on my Omega (mod.

ymgie

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
Utica NY
I use the 901 1.8 ohm LR's from VaporKings, and have no complaints about their performance or atty life. I do think that the LR's diminish the taste of my juice a bit, but that is to be expected. I can't comment on the Riva experience as I use these atties on my Omega (mod.

I'd hate to give up any flavor.. Is the trade off worth losing a bit of flavor ? I'm working on a couple 3.7 mod ideas , and it might be worth trying on one when i dont have to worry about killing my batt ...

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I'd hate to give up any flavor.. Is the trade off worth losing a bit of flavor ? I'm working on a couple 3.7 mod ideas , and it might be worth trying on one when i dont have to worry about killing my batt ...

Not a fan of the lost flavour too. It works well with some flavours, and not with others. I think a lot depends on what you're vaping. Sweeter juices don't seem to do that well. What are you vaping anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread