Thinking about upgrading to Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

adammg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
USA
I'm thinking I need a upgrade from my eGo Twist either that or the eGo is about to give up the ghost. I've been using a 900mah Ego Twist from about a month with eVod and 2.4ohm heads at 4.2. After a full charge I only get about an hour or 2 before the battery seems weak. Lowering the volt to around 3.7 seems to help some, just not getting a satisfying vape. I am at 6MG of Nicotine, rather not go back up.

Either thinking of a VV mod or going to a 3.7 mod with lower Ohm attachments. What do y'all recommend sub $50 dollars?

Definitely upgrading from the eVod for larger capacity, MT3 seems like a good route. I want something that is BC/Rebuildable and rugged. Suggestions on that?

Thanks
Adammg

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
Sub $50, you are probably talking about a small battery < 2000mAh. Kick in another 10 spot and you can grab an Itaste MVP version 2 from Mount Baker Vapor with a 2600mAh, VV and VW, resistance checking and permanent battery installed. Smoktech RSST is a great entry level rebuildable Genesis atomizer. AGA-T2 is too and has a pyrex tank. IGO-L if you are looking for a cheap, rebuildable dripping atomizer. I would respectfully suggest you get a bit more experience vaping before launching into rebuildables, just my humble opinion. Good luck and have fun!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
In the $50 price range, you can't beat an Innokin iTaste MVP v1. Variable voltage. Built-in rechargeable battery lasts 2 - 3 days on a charge. Pass through capable means you can continue to use it while it's charging. Powerful enough battery you can charge your cell phone or iPod with. Built-in battery means you don't have the additional expense of buying replaceable batteries and a charger.

Classy and sophisticated looking; doesn't look like something from a head shop or a lady's sex toy. Very comfortable to hold in your hand and is pocket-friendly. Equally pleasant to use at home or away. Not much to not like about this mod. It is very popular with new vapors and advanced vapors alike.

Innokin_iTaste_MVP.jpg MVP V2.jpg

sigtausteve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2013
Lawton, OK, USA
my personal experience, do not get a kanger MT3. They look awesome but are terrible. FLOOD FLOOD FLOOD FLOOD! thats all they do. If you are looking for under $50, the MVP is a great option. The Vamo is good as well. Push your budget a little and you open up to an SVD, Smoktech SID, or a Tesla. Those are all good VV/VW mods. umlike the MVP though you will have to buy some batteries and a charger (budget about 40-50 for that stuff). As far as mech mods go. you could land a K100 or K101 with batteries and a charger for about $65. If you are going to get into the Big battery mods, budget at least $100 (for mechs and VV/VW).
I personally enjoy using Vivi novas. I have a couple Vision Vivi minis and a Smok pyrex vivi. the all vape great.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
My thoughts are exactly in line with Adammg. I feel I need to move to a new vaping level. I started with a generic 900mah, moved to a ego twist and am now looking at other options. Considering an MVP but also a Joye tech evic v.1 and an Empire PV mod. As much as I read I am still not sure about what to do tank wise. So much...cartimizers VS clearomizer VS glass bowl...ERGGG...can someone advise me? If I spend the money to get one of the above what is the ultimate tank?

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Before I purchased my MVP, was pretty happy with the ego-c Upgrade battery (can switch from 4.2v and 3.9v) and iclear16. My decision to go with the MVP was primarily the fact that I didn't want to invest in a new charger and batteries. On top of that, has all the bells and whistles I wanted (VV/VW, resistance checker and puff counter) along with being able to charge my ego-c Upgrade battery as well as having emergency backup for other electronics such as cell, camera, and ipad when I travel. You can screw on just about anything out there so your choices are pretty limitless. For a new user like myself, its really the perfect mod for an unbeatable price. Comes with an iclear30 too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread