thinking of getting a joy....something lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipsynoodle

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
Kempner, Texas
ok been looking at some joye but there are like 3-4 models...the T i believe is the newest with a tank system? Im looking for something that will last me all day and where i don't have to refill/drip every few puffs...is that the tank system??????
wich model, if joye at all is best for that? I don't want any big bulky style...i like the cigareete look or joye look.....Thanks
'
the cig i have right now is a royal smoke, 2 piece and juice just runs out so fast and batterie don't last long....

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
The more it looks like a cigarette, the shorter the battery life is.

You can get a Joye 510, that's small but it also has small batteries. You'll need an extra battery or a pcc. You can use tanks with this or use cartomizers.

If you want something that lasts all day and doesn't need to be refilled, it's going to be bigger. To me it's worth it.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
the cig i have right now is a royal smoke, 2 piece and juice just runs out so fast and batterie don't last long....

Hi, Welcome! Well, the royal smoke isn't great, but if you are looking for a cig sized model (even the joye 510) you will battle batteries that need to be recharged often. Even the little Joye 510 is only 180mah (think 1.8hours) per charge. However, you can use them with cartomizers if you like and then at least you won't have to drip into them all day long, just switch out the cartomizers a few times per day.

I'm not a fan of the tank system, it's a nice idea but doesn't seem to pan out like you'd think in real life.

Good luck!

PS: the larger batts (the ones you are trying to avoid) usually run around 700mah (think 7 hours).

synthetic

Apr 22, 2011
Ontario
The tank system is great if you're willing to go through the initial learning curve. You're sacrificing a bit of flavor and warmness of vapor for convenience. Depending on how much you vape, a single tank is probably not enough for all day, but one or two refills will get you through the whole day and then some.

One drawback of the EGO tank system is the price of EGO-T atomizers. They can set you back as much as $15 per atomizer which is pretty steep. They do last me a good month though so not all that expensive with my usage.

The EGO-T batteries are fairly decent and don't need a recharge as much as a regular 510 battery, but they are slightly thicker. Some EGO batteries go as high as 1300mah (that's a lot of hours of vaping, maybe 2 days for some people). Manual batteries are strongly recommended over automatics. I have never completely emptied an EGO battery in one day. I vape 2ml per day, your mileage may vary.

Another cheap option for an all-day vape is high capacity cartomizers like the SmokeTech Dual Coil cartos. They accept about 50 drops of juice and provide a half-decent consistent vape for hours. Many people discourage using these with EGO batteries, but I've been doing just that and don't see any problems yet.

Anything better than an EGO battery will keep you away from the thinner cigarette-like shape. There are larger models that are much more consistent and longer lasting, but they don't look like a cigarette and are more expensive than the entry level kits.

Hope this helps.

volcano vapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
Irving, TX
If you want something that last all day and holds alot of juice so that you don't have to refill so often or charge every time. You will have to break out of the cigarette style batteries and into something like the joye Ego-T style of PV to tell you the truth they don't look that bad they even come in different colors and some women accessorize them with Swarovski Crystals or skins from:
electronic cigarette accessories, accessories for electronic cigarettes
-Their sites down right now check back in the morning but they sell some cool stuff to make your PV "pretty"

Devilman2075

Verified Member
May 10, 2011
Pittsburgh Pa
As with anything theres going to be pros and cons to each style.

It sounds to me like you want a cigarette sized pv but want alot of features that are basically not possible with such a small pv.

Personally I love my 510 except for battery life and the fact that I'm fumbling around with juice quite frequently and thats why I finally pulled the trigger on getting a bottom fed mod.

I was in youre situation, and what I would do is just use the experience you have to list what you need in a pv and what you dont and then see what fits your needs.

I also started with a not so great kit, then got my 510, then my ego, and now I'll be moving into the mod world

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
I started out with a "cheap" e-cigarette (that cost a fortune)! Then, I quickly went to the Joye 510 because it looked more like a cigarette. But the battery life was horrible. So, I went with the Joye eGo. The battery life was much better, but I kept having to fill cartomizers and some of them were a pain to fill. Then I tried the tank. The flavor was nowhere near as good with the tanks. (IMHO). Then I won a VOLT in a contest. I wasn't expecting to keep it because anything about the size of a cigarette usually doesn't work as well. However, that's not true with the VOLT. It last longer than the Joye 510's for me. The cartomizers are pre-filled and when they get dry, you can easily refill them. These are a KR808d-1. The cartos are horizontal coils and I've fallen in love with them. The kit that I won just came with one battery. After trying it out, I ordered another battery and more cartos! I don't go out that often so I switch the batteries on the charger. However, the have a PCC that I hear is great. What I use now is the equivalent of the "standard starter kit". The "pro starter kit" would include the PCC and you could go all day with that. I've got more expensive "bigger" e-cigs but this has quickly become my favorite.

Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Starter Kits

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
If you mean the slim Joye 510, its tanks hold no more than a cart used with the atomizer. 1/2 ml. A standard cartomizer (how many prefer to vape) holds twice as much. I really see little point in the 510T tanks. And if you bought a normal 510 you could always buy a 510T atty and 510T tanks if you wanted to try the tanks. if you do buy a slim 510 I strongly recommend manual batteries. 510 manuals are totally sealed metal on the threaded end so you can drip on it with a drip tip and atty, you don't have to worry much about cartomizer leaks etc. Manuals won't turn on accidentally from wind or vibration, and they give you more control over your hit.

If you mean Joye Ego - there are mixed reviews of the tanks. Some like them, some get weak taste, some get leaks.

If you get either tank model I recommend you also but a normal atomizer and carts (and drip tip if you got Ego or manual slim 510). Some people say not to drip on the tank attys and you cannot use carts on them.

And Boge cartomizers are nice cartos for 510, standard resistance only for slim 510, standard or low resistance for Ego

And you need eliquid - lotta eliquid

Notes - standard Joye batteries are 180mah and that is about 1.8 hours of moderate vaping. Nice PCC at NoSmokeVA.com. Joye mega xl 510 batteries are 280mah or about 2.8 hours of moderate vaping but the only PCC is a non-roomy metal one.

And just so you are aware - joyecigs.com is a deceptive site name, not Joye brand, not the same model - it;s some incompatible model

Last edited:

leamerhead

Jun 9, 2011
California
Hi! I'm a super noobie, and just got my joye eGo this week. I just thought I'd mention this: I'm finding the size and weight of the eGo to be really great. It sort of "feels" good to hold it. Ya, its really different from a cigarette, but I for one kind of dig that about vaping in general. One reason I got this model was that, like you, I wanted long battery life. I'm also only going to do cartridges for a while before getting involved in juices and refilling stuff. Battery and cartridges for this reason: I'm lazy about maintaining gear. I know myself: I won't vape if it's too much work. You may have to let go of the aesthetics you desire in order to find the product that will really fit your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread