Thinking of retiring my OMG

Status
Not open for further replies.

genuinefraud

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Texas
I've noticed that the OMG and the batteries are no longer for sale.

The button on my OMG is kinda sticky, and I'm considering retiring the OMG and trying out the EGO.

I'm wondering how the two compare... and if I would like the EGO, if I really liked using the OMG.

I heard v4l may be coming out with their own branded 5v mod.. not sure if this is accurate or not

genuinefraud

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Texas
The ego is not as strong as the OMG.If you can take the cut in voltage it should be fine. V4L is supposed to be coming out with a 5v,soon I hope.

Thanks Keyzygirl, I just got done reading your blog about the device.
I tried going back to the standard v4l batteries, but it feels like a big jump back now, and it may just take time to ween myself off from the awesomeness of the 5V the OMG provides.
I am primarily concerned about using the stacked batteries, and the EGO looks like something I might enjoy.
I've already added the big ego kit to my cart, but im wondering if i should just get the smaller single battery kit to try...

genuinefraud

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Texas
Honestly I try to stay away from stacked batteries, but for your original concern, I think the OMG is just out of stock, I do not think they stopped selling it. You can always shoot Wade a pm and ask him about it.

I already have an OMG, im thinking about getting an EGO, and stop using the OMG I already have.

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
This kind of post scares me. Should I really be concerned about the stacked batteries? I basically only use the OMG now, regular batteries just seem weak and unsatisfying now..

Kimmy, stacked batteries aren't that bad, I just do not like what I read about them, so I try to stay away from them. I am 110% sure that they are safe because it is the V4L name that made it. But I am a plain guy, so I stick with the XL's and I use them. I tried a mod and I do not see a HUGE difference. Now with 5V I do see a huge difference, but the only way I would use 5V is if I had a tank.

Darth Skirata

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2010
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts
If you are thinking of moving to using an eGo, you can simulate the 5V vaping experience by using a low resistance atomizer. I pretty much exclusively use eGo batteries, and switch between using a eGo-T LR Type B atomizer (for when I am out in the world and a tank is most convenient), and a 306 LR atomizer (for dripping when I am at home sitting on the couch) and it makes nice thick vapor.
The dual coil tanks that V4L sell are a good pairing with an eGo battery to simulate the 5V experience also, so there are options out there if you are concerned about using your OMG 5V unit.

KeithB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Annapolis, MD
This kind of post scares me. Should I really be concerned about the stacked batteries? I basically only use the OMG now, regular batteries just seem weak and unsatisfying now..

There are things you can do to greatly reduce your risks when stacking batteries.

There are things you can do to almost guarantee a catastrophic failure.

If you don't know what these things are, you shouldn't be using stacked batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread