Thinking of switching from 70/30(PG/VG) to 50/50 - require some answers and opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

guruguhan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Toronto, Canada
I've been vaping for about three months now and for that time its been 2ml of 18mg (70/30) usually at around 4.1v on a 1.8ohm atomizer.

I think it was perfect to get me off my two-pack a day habit, I never felt like I was getting too much nicotine, but haven't had the urge to pick up a smoke. Lately, however, I feel like the "throat hit" is a bit much and flavor lacking a little. I'm also thinking of lowering my nic to around 12mg.

Also, if one day we discover that vaping is harmful (beyond the nicotine which I accept), I think it would be either PG or the ingredients found in some flavourings that are most likely to be considered harmful (I'm in know way an authority in any field, so that statement is my own and based only on my limited reading) - I'd be interested in hearing other opinions on this. So I want to cut down on PG.

By going to a 50/50 from 70/30, how many are making a health-based choice? And am I correct, that by making this change I should get less throat hit, more flavour and more vapour? Will going down to 12mg at the same time as making these other changes be too big a leap all at once?

Thanks

guruguhan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Toronto, Canada
I have tried 70/30 and 50/50. No difference in TH for me. I now only vape 50/50. Besides nic level, alcohol in ejuice is another factor that provides TH.

For me, I am playing it as safe as I can by only vaping from 3 companies. 1- Dripeez, 2- Orb Vapor, 3- Ahlusion. They have organic and natural flavorings.

Thanks for the info New2vaps - I'm diy'ing my juice these days - do you know of any companies that sell organic and natural flavourings alone (from what I can see, those you list don't sell the flavourings, only complete juice)...

ohmyidontthinkthisworks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
No Where, Iowa
I used 80/20 18mg for a long time, and I had the same issue you had with throat hit.. I moved down to 50/50 12mg and it seemed to be better on my throat though flavor was muted a bit. I have moved back up to 65/35 as or recent though. I noticed I had a really hard time with things with koolada in them and alcohol killing my throat, and had liquids with them I was completely unable to vape. I didn't do it for health reasons though.

suprachica79

Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
Connecticut
I'm actually having the opposite problem - I'm using 0mg nic 50/50 liquid because I thought I wanted more vapor than throat hit but I didn't realize how much the throat hit is part of the experience of smoking/vaping. I'm hoping by switching to a 70/30 or 80/20 will fix that because I refuse to add nic when I don't need it.

Uncle Ralphie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
N. E Connecticut
I have tried 70/30 and 50/50. No difference in TH for me. I now only vape 50/50. Besides nic level, alcohol in ejuice is another factor that provides TH.

For me, I am playing it as safe as I can by only vaping from 3 companies. 1- Dripeez, 2- Orb Vapor, 3- Ahlusion. They have organic and natural flavorings.

Alcohol???? In E Juice.??? I was not aware of that

Screamin Eagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Maryland
PG gives you a better TH and carries flavor better.
VG gives you better vapor but doesn't carry the flavor as well.
PG is a bit harsh for people who don't smoke or have not smoked in a while.
VG is a lot smoother and is more tolerable to many people.
If you are experancing a harsh hit, by all means go for a 50/50 juice and lower your nic level. But do it slowly (don't go out and get 10 30ml bottles of different flavors) get 1 bottle to try.
Keep some of the old, higher nic. stuff around just in case you get a craving that the lower stuff just can't cure. You might be able to drop nic right away, but some people need to go back and forth for a little bit while transitioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread