Third Times the Charm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lady_cha0s

Nov 28, 2018
Hello,
I'm back to vaping again! Hopefully for good this time :/
It's been a really stressful year and I haven't really been focusing on my own health or what makes me happy at the end of the day.
A few days ago I looked in my box of vape goodies and thought
"I have all this vape stuff, and it's sitting in a shoe box. What a waste of money.."
So I charged my two devices, juiced them up and haven't looked back!
I really want to kick analog cigarettes to the curb and I think I'm finally ready to follow through! It's definitely easier when you have a support system, I welcome any advice or friendly chatter.
:)

ranjen617

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2014
Somewhere in mid - AL, USA
Welcome back! I fell off for two years due to allergies then realized I could lessen the Pg and a life event as well.

Main thing like myself is that you're back! I moved and most of my vape gear is packed up. I pulled my Hana out and a terrible looking rdta. Tank was useless, forgot why I didn't like it then the spinning ring. Hana that I found then dropped in a solo battery! She lit up as to say, "I thought you left me!"

I'm getting into new gear and love how things have progressed.

My health took a nose dive last year (I'm left with half of my intestines, but alive). I quit then started back. I picked up a MyBlu and said I've just got to quit. Here I am 3 months later and feeling great. Hope your health gets better like mine is on the mends! You're not the only one, we can go through a few life's changes and bounce back. We're human!
Hope you have a great day ahead! Happy vaping!:thumbs::smokie::)

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
Toss the cigs in the trash. Don't buy anymore. Just vape. If you need to up the nicotine, do it. If you need to vape more, do it.

Your brain is wired to smoke and will tell you that you need to smoke even though you are getting the nicotine. The brain is a tricky thing. Tell your brain to take a hike and reach for your vape.

It will take a while before your brain stops telling you to smoke but you can do this because you've got vape...which is so much tastier anyway.

Good luck!

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
hello and welcome to ecf
don't kick yourself, we all have our setbacks...smoke your occasional stinky and then continue to vape on

for those stressful days, try getting a higher nic juice (maybe even a salt nic as they tend not to be as harsh in the higher mg levels)

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Hello,
It's been a really stressful year and I haven't really been focusing on my own health or what makes me happy at the end of the day.
"I have all this vape stuff, and it's sitting in a shoe box. What a waste of money.."
I really want to kick analog cigarettes to the curb and I think I'm finally ready to follow through! It's definitely easier when you have a support system, I welcome any advice or friendly chatter.
Good luck!

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello,
Glad to see you return to vaping. Welcome.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Welcome back! Some folks here managed to quit analogs shortly after picking up vaping. For people like me, it took a while - in my case, nine months. I am now coming up on seven months of not smoking. People told me that no matter what, keep vaping. I listened and eventually it worked out.

I now enjoy vaping far more than smoking. But it didn't happen overnight - not by a long shot.

Good luck!

Reactions: Eskie

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Welcome, I too went through something simmilar. A couple of crappy events in my life and I ended up going back to the stinkies. I had been off of cigarettes for more than a year and stupidly went back to them.

After a while my cigarette consumption got so bad that I had a hard time breathing at work and my voice started sounding horrible. So I decided to go back to vaping.

I dusted off some of my old equipment and started vaping again. ECF has also helped dramaticly. I'm now over six months free of smokes and couldn't be happier. Good luck!

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Welcome to ECF.

The only advice I’d offer is this:

Don’t stop vaping.

Have a cigarette, if you need to, but don’t stop vaping.

I’m a big proponent of comparative vaping.

You will eventually switch to full time vaping, IMO, if you just keep at it, even if you dual use.

It’s just better.

You will get there, but you can’t get there if you don’t vape, irregardless of how many cigarettes you smoke.

So.

Don’t stop vaping.

• Agree
Reactions: Cobra Kai

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Welcome to ECF! I know you’ve got the drive to kick stinkies to the curb this time :)!!! I vaped off and on for several years till I finally quit in 2011. Stress, life and less than stellar equipment got in the way. Everyone here is so helpful and supportive. I found if I listened to what they suggested and stopped doing it my same old way (which hadn’t stuck), I was able to finally quit for good. Hope to see you around here!

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hello and welcome to the forum. I was not one of those vapers that quit as soon as I had my first vape. I was a 2+ pack a day smoker. I went to a local vape shop and the clerk sold me a vape pen with a crap tank. He also sold me ejuice with a low level of nicotine. To say the least, it didn't work. About 9 months later I tried it again and with the help of a shop clerk sold me a better setup along with an ejuice with a proper amount of nicotine. It really had me cutting down on the smokes. I set a date to quit smoking, my birthday. I had my last cigarette on that date and joined this forum the next day. The folks here helped me and vaping has stuck this time. Sorry, didn't mean to get so long-winded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread