The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Third Times the Charm?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by lady_cha0s, Nov 28, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. lady_cha0s

lady_cha0s New Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Hello,
    I'm back to vaping again! Hopefully for good this time :/
    It's been a really stressful year and I haven't really been focusing on my own health or what makes me happy at the end of the day.
    A few days ago I looked in my box of vape goodies and thought
    "I have all this vape stuff, and it's sitting in a shoe box. What a waste of money.."
    So I charged my two devices, juiced them up and haven't looked back!
    I really want to kick analog cigarettes to the curb and I think I'm finally ready to follow through! It's definitely easier when you have a support system, I welcome any advice or friendly chatter.
    :)

• Like Like x 12
    • Love Love x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Hi and welcome! Congrats and good luck getting back into this. Kicking cigarettes is a tough job, but hang in there, and there are plenty of people here to help you and cheer you on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  3. My Batt Hurts

My Batt Hurts Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2017
    UK
    Yes indeed - welcome.

Keep doing what you're doing! Anything you need to know, just ask. (Especially if it has anything to do with vaping :D).

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. ranjen617

ranjen617 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Welcome back! I fell off for two years due to allergies then realized I could lessen the Pg and a life event as well.

Main thing like myself is that you're back! I moved and most of my vape gear is packed up. I pulled my Hana out and a terrible looking rdta. Tank was useless, forgot why I didn't like it then the spinning ring. Hana that I found then dropped in a solo battery! She lit up as to say, "I thought you left me!"

I'm getting into new gear and love how things have progressed.

My health took a nose dive last year (I'm left with half of my intestines, but alive). I quit then started back. I picked up a MyBlu and said I've just got to quit. Here I am 3 months later and feeling great. Hope your health gets better like mine is on the mends! You're not the only one, we can go through a few life's changes and bounce back. We're human!
    Hope you have a great day ahead! Happy vaping!:thumbs::smokie::)

• Like Like x 4
  5. flavourchaser

flavourchaser Super Member

Jun 25, 2018
    Welcome Back.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Vapemesilly

Vapemesilly Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2017
    Nevada
    Toss the cigs in the trash. Don't buy anymore. Just vape. If you need to up the nicotine, do it. If you need to vape more, do it.

Your brain is wired to smoke and will tell you that you need to smoke even though you are getting the nicotine. The brain is a tricky thing. Tell your brain to take a hike and reach for your vape.

It will take a while before your brain stops telling you to smoke but you can do this because you've got vape...which is so much tastier anyway.

Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Hello and keep trying you will make it. I think the most important thing is making the decision to switch and sticking with. Hope you have great success

8. charlie1465

charlie1465 Senior Member ECF Veteran

I think most of us have had relapses....that was the past this is the future. Make sure your nic levels are high enough for your needs and device. Don't hesitate if you have questions...we're a friendly bunch here!!
    Welcome again by the way... :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Shadav

Shadav Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    hello and welcome to ecf
    don't kick yourself, we all have our setbacks...smoke your occasional stinky and then continue to vape on

for those stressful days, try getting a higher nic juice (maybe even a salt nic as they tend not to be as harsh in the higher mg levels)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. VapourFlavour

VapourFlavour Super Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Ontario, Canada
    Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  11. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Glad to see you return to vaping. Welcome.

12. tgs3

tgs3 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Welcome back! Some folks here managed to quit analogs shortly after picking up vaping. For people like me, it took a while - in my case, nine months. I am now coming up on seven months of not smoking. People told me that no matter what, keep vaping. I listened and eventually it worked out.

I now enjoy vaping far more than smoking. But it didn't happen overnight - not by a long shot.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  13. EverythingEvil

EverythingEvil Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2014
    Grand Junction, Co
    Welcome, I too went through something simmilar. A couple of crappy events in my life and I ended up going back to the stinkies. I had been off of cigarettes for more than a year and stupidly went back to them.

After a while my cigarette consumption got so bad that I had a hard time breathing at work and my voice started sounding horrible. So I decided to go back to vaping.

I dusted off some of my old equipment and started vaping again. ECF has also helped dramaticly. I'm now over six months free of smokes and couldn't be happier. Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  14. jwbnyc

jwbnyc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 4, 2014
    Welcome to ECF.

The only advice I’d offer is this:

Don’t stop vaping.

Have a cigarette, if you need to, but don’t stop vaping.

I’m a big proponent of comparative vaping.

You will eventually switch to full time vaping, IMO, if you just keep at it, even if you dual use.

It’s just better.

You will get there, but you can’t get there if you don’t vape, irregardless of how many cigarettes you smoke.

So.

Don’t stop vaping.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. NolaMel

NolaMel Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    Welcome to ECF! I know you’ve got the drive to kick stinkies to the curb this time :)!!! I vaped off and on for several years till I finally quit in 2011. Stress, life and less than stellar equipment got in the way. Everyone here is so helpful and supportive. I found if I listened to what they suggested and stopped doing it my same old way (which hadn’t stuck), I was able to finally quit for good. Hope to see you around here!

• Like Like x 4
  16. Diver9543

Diver9543 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    Hello and welcome to the forum. I was not one of those vapers that quit as soon as I had my first vape. I was a 2+ pack a day smoker. I went to a local vape shop and the clerk sold me a vape pen with a crap tank. He also sold me ejuice with a low level of nicotine. To say the least, it didn't work. About 9 months later I tried it again and with the help of a shop clerk sold me a better setup along with an ejuice with a proper amount of nicotine. It really had me cutting down on the smokes. I set a date to quit smoking, my birthday. I had my last cigarette on that date and joined this forum the next day. The folks here helped me and vaping has stuck this time. Sorry, didn't mean to get so long-winded.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Budgie

Budgie Senior Member

Mar 6, 2018
    Saudi Arabia/Scotland
    Welcome to ECF, and Well Done on getting back to vaping. ECF is a great site when you need that bit of support and encouragement. Keep it up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 3, 2014
    Rupert, West Virginia
    Welcome to ECF, lady_cha0s.

• Like Like x 1
  19. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Welcome and good luck. For me the third time WAS the charm. You can do it. Stick around and keep asking questions.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  20. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Welcome @lady_cha0s .

I'm sure everyone here is looking forward to your return and participate in the thread you created a week ago. ;)o_O

• Funny Funny x 1